[split] Cynel1's questions about Sultansworn RP and RP in general

so for me im a Flame private third class. so would i be a good candidate for the Sworn?

Anyone can find their way into service, but keep in mind that the Sworn are on the scale of the US Secret Service. So to just walk in would take some doing. It might be fun if you are interested to get with a few of us for some RP that could lead to you joining. Say we investigate some shady deals and have this Flame (you) help us. In the course of things you get the chance to show your best and it moves you to the Sworn. Makes things more interesting then just showing up and going "I'm a Sworn." I'm off game until Friday, so if you wanna get with me then we can do some stuffs.

so for me im a Flame private third class. so would i be a good candidate for the Sworn?

Anyone can find their way into service, but keep in mind that the Sworn are on the scale of the US Secret Service. So to just walk in would take some doing. It might be fun if you are interested to get with a few of us for some RP that could lead to you joining. Say we investigate some shady deals and have this Flame (you) help us. In the course of things you get the chance to show your best and it moves you to the Sworn. Makes things more interesting then just showing up and going "I'm a Sworn." I'm off game until Friday, so if you wanna get with me then we can do some stuffs.

okay that would work infact it would help by character getting a promotion from third Class to Second Class after the mission is done.

well the idea i had was i would get evaluated by a sworn member.

A perfectly valid assumption. Just because the Order is actively recruiting doesn't mean they would just take anyone off the streets of course. I would imagine previous martial training is a plus, and also some kind of psyche evaluation, stress test, and background check to make sure you're not going to backstab the Monarch you're supposed to protect.

All of that bureaucratic stuff is just hand-waved as an assumption for RP sake though.

well the idea i had was i would get evaluated by a sworn member.

A perfectly valid assumption.  Just because the Order is actively recruiting doesn't mean they would just take anyone off the streets of course.  I would imagine previous martial training is a plus, and also some kind of psyche evalua

tion, stress

test, and background check to make sure you're not going to backstab the Monarch you're supposed to protect.

All of that bureaucratic stuff is just hand-waved as an assumption for RP sake though.

hmm in that case i think ill go with the idea that im a Flame Private getting involved in Sworn job.

er okay then what kind of job i would geting involved with the swarm

It's not so much of a job you're getting into, but how you want your character to be associated in RP. If he is joining the Sultansworn and standing around wearing the armor, calling himself the elite of Ul'dah, then other people are going to expect him to act like a Knight would.

er okay then what kind of job i would geting involved with the swarm

It's not so much of a job you're getting into, but how you want your character to be associated in RP.  If he is joining the Sultansworn and standing around wearing the armor, calling himself the elite of Ul'dah, then other people are going to expect him to act like a Knight would.

well i was in the flames first but i thought i would go through a mission RP to be noticed to join the swarm.

well i thought about it and yes this would work besides im level 27 im close to level 30 and Finishing my Gladiator quests.

Ps this is what i look like as a Solider

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/9536159/blog/1981140/

well i decided to bite the bullet and take the trial of becoming a free PLD and i promoted myself to private 2nd class but i want to still do that rp to make if offical

Crofte typically does not train free Paladins right from the start. She sees it as a waste of her time since they're just going to leave when she's done. We can meet in-game if you want to discuss things in-character.

well thats the thing for lore wise i sill serve the flames as a GLD i still dont feel worthy.

That makes it tricky. Are you a part of the Free Brigade? That's the standing branch of adventurers who are welcomed under the Flames' banner. You'd be a part of them if you aren't an Ul'dah native and are a part of the rise of the adventuring population.

If not, you might be a more "proper" member of the Immortal Flames. You'd serve under Raubahn ultimately and be a part of the nation's standing army.

What makes this complicated is that, barring some very specific circumstances, it wouldn't make much sense for an Immortal Flame to do that job as well as becoming a Paladin. Were you looking to be "promoted" so to speak? I know Erik RPs as a sort of go-between for the Flames and 'Sworn, but to my knowledge he identifies as a Flame first.

Free Paladins are not Sultansworn. If that's the path you're taking, you'd be mostly associating with Jenlyns and not really anyone else, as he's the point of contact for new recruits. Free Paladins are on good terms with the 'Sworn, mostly, but when it comes to matters of investigation and the like, we're separate entities.

The loose association I use is that if Sultansworn are Personal Security for the Sultana, Free Paladins are private investigators.

crud what am i going to do i just did that quest just to unlock PLD job.

Free Paladins are not Sultansworn. If that's the path you're taking, you'd be mostly associating with Jenlyns and not really anyone else, as he's the point of contact for new recruits. Free Paladins are on good terms with the 'Sworn, mostly, but when it comes to matters of investigation and the like, we're separate entities.

The loose association I use is that if Sultansworn are Personal Security for the Sultana, Free Paladins are private investigators.

crud what am i going to do i just did that quest just to unlock PLD job.

That's up to you! Do you want to devote yourself to protecting and securing the Sultana? Do you want to just remain a Flame? Do you want to cast those both off and play detective? No one here is going to be able to make that decision for you.

right back on topic how would the sworn evaluate new members?

From a lore perspective I think it's safe to say we do not know. We know they have recruiters and that newer members are called Squires.

What the RP community has embraced in the past was some in-character tests or Trials. They are completely optional, and at the discretion of all those involved. I posted more thoughts on this back here on page 4.