"Never thought I'd die fighting along side a non-believer" *SPOILERS*

When I did it as a SCH, I spent almost the entire time maintaining DoTs and maybe throwing out a Succor or two after group-wide damage. I don't know if you could drop the second healer ENTIRELY, though, as you can with the second tank.

You tryin'a kick me off this thing, Chachan? T^T

When I did it as a SCH, I spent almost the entire time maintaining DoTs and maybe throwing out a Succor or two after group-wide damage. I don't know if you could drop the second healer ENTIRELY, though, as you can with the second tank.

You tryin'a kick me off this thing, Chachan?  T^T

Nah. I'm just saying that the second tank can focus solely on DPS and picking up the stray add or two rather than being in a full tank role. In fact, with the successful pre-made run I did with Chachan, I was actually on cannons the entire time. Which, in turn, freed up a DPS to keep bashing against the boss' sizable HP total.

I wouldn't mind doing this IC since Kayllen is all about getting his homeland 'back on track' so to speak. However I think this weekend might be a bit too soon with other story elements currently in the works. I will likely have to pass unless you wish to revisit it later when I actually do it as part of Kayllen's personal story and/or FC group plot. Either way he'll be going as sword-and-board or Dragoon depending on the circumstances.

*slowly chants 'dragoon, dragoon, dragoon'*

Yas betch yaaaas :lol:

You tryin'a kick me off this thing, Chachan?  T^T

Nah. I'm just saying that the second tank can focus solely on DPS and picking up the stray add or two rather than being in a full tank role. In fact, with the successful pre-made run I did with Chachan, I was actually on cannons the entire time. Which, in turn, freed up a DPS to keep bashing against the boss' sizable HP total.

I've seen it done well that 1 tank just grabs all the adds. All the dps on Vishap (bar the one doing Giantkiller, so a BRD or SMN does this best imo.) 1 Heal with the tank on adds and 1 healer with the other tank on cannons/snares.

I spent considerably less time doing this as a PLD for my Trials Roulette than as when I was SCH -_- I had issues with making sure adds were uptop and at the front (SCH was at the back and a NIN was hitting the adds). The WAR in my DF took the "mini-boss" adds. But all in all we failed at 10% then did it the second try. Missed the first missile but I think if NIN stayed on Vishap and didn't go to the adds, Vishap's HP would have been down considerably.

I can see it definitely solo-tankable if the heals with the tanks are in front of Vishap and the DPS are all on Vishap (not on adds if they don't have a cannon). The cannons killing the adds make it so much easier for even the tanks to go up and hit Vishap when he's breaking away at the wall.

My group has found keeping the ads directly underneath Vishap to be our best bet. It allows cannonfire to hurt both ads and him at the same time. Our tank did mention how much sheer chaos that is, though.

As a lalafell PLD who did that... Can confirm. When I run to the sides to pick up the adds (flash, scorn), I sometimes got underfoot hit because VISHAP DISAPPEARS FROM THE SCREEN. >.>;

I failed on patch day a lot because the tanks couldn't keep the adds with Vishap (always at the tail end etc) so they weren't in cannon range. Since I had to deal with the SCH and NIN when I tanked, I had to pre-burn a few Flashes before the mobs would peel to me. Annoying because the NIN stayed on adds most of the time which meant when I moved forward I had to move back because they'd take hate.

Depending on the day and time of this, I can come as a healer. Main is Scholar, but I'm comfortable with White Mage as well.

As far as reason to be there, Menelwen would have been one of the few Adders that was "graciously" sent up.

So long as she is healed up before we do this.

Ahem. If she's not healed up, I can come as a NPC that may or may not be related to Tom Berry.

I can play as healer if needed; just a different hairstyle and maybe a shave and I can play Berrod as someone else. You can put me down for a healer/DPS/Tank role, depending on if you need anything filled in the moment.

Another opportunity to get a likeable character shredded into a bloody mess.

Yes.

*Points at.*

I'M ON TO YOU!

So Final Line up is this : 

I went by post order of who gets in, with preference for named characters over sellsword or Ishgardian NPCs

Right so the team so far looks like:

Tanks : Evangeline Primrose

Steel Wolf

Healers: Katriane Hiver

Menelwen Veara

DPS:  Orrin

Gwannes Oskwell

Seiko Mamushi

Flynt Reddard

on reserve : Leon Greymoon (class unknown)

Warren Castille (Class unknown, participation unknown)

Kale Aideron (Marauder/tank)

I would like to do Saturday 10 pm EST, is this good?

please PM me a confirmation or in game.