Live Letter XX

So the new jobs start at 30? I'm already seeing tanks not tanking and healers not healing when you need them the most *shudders* I mean, sure, you need to reach 50 and complete the MSQ to get the new jobs but if you never played a tank or a healer before, chances are you'll suck at it, and this time you don't have ~15-20 levels to learn how to do it.

So the new jobs start at 30? I'm already seeing tanks not tanking and healers not healing when you need them the most *shudders* I mean, sure, you need to reach 50 and complete the MSQ to get the new jobs but if you never played a tank or a healer before, chances are you'll suck at it, and this time you don't have ~15-20 levels to learn how to do it.

Chances are you you will need at least one tank class leveled a bit to unlock drk and a healer for ast. And tanking at 30 is hardly a challenge so shouldnt be that hard to pick up.

Chances are you you will need at least one tank class leveled a bit to unlock drk and a healer for ast. And tanking at 30 is hardly a challenge so shouldnt be that hard to pick up.

It isn't hard, IF you know how to do it. I've leveled both PLD and WAR so I know how to tank. But if you don't know how... Well let's just say you won't be able to do any dungeon past Brayflox.

It doesn't require a base class to receive the job; 30. So it's doubtful you will have to unlock anything prior-to considering it has been explained to be a baseless-job. You will receive the job quest which will start at level 30. However, Ishgard is believed to be locked until you finish 2.55 story- it is believed that the classes are in Ishgard.

Such intense hype. INTENSE HYPE YOU GAIZ.

No, but seriously, everything sounds amazing. I genuinely can't wait to see how the new zones look with all those flying mounts and eventually airships humming around...like, just being in Ishgard with everyone else. That's what I'm really the most eager for.

Looks like the jobs are unlocked in Ishgard.

Y: So there will be some updates to the battle system. Three new jobs: dark knight, astrologian, machinist. They will all be leveled starting at 30. When you enter Ishgard there’s a place where you can receive the first job quests. But, feel free to do some of the story before zerg leveling the new jobs. You have plenty of time.

This means you'll need to be level 50 and have all of the ARR plot done to play the new jobs.

If you plan for your alts to take up these jobs it's best to get started now.

Looks like the jobs are unlocked in Ishgard.

Y: So there will be some updates to the battle system. Three new jobs: dark knight, astrologian, machinist. They will all be leveled starting at 30. When you enter Ishgard there’s a place where you can receive the first job quests. But, feel free to do some of the story before zerg leveling the new jobs. You have plenty of time.

This means you'll need to be level 50 and have all of the ARR plot done to play the new jobs.

If you plan for your alts to take up these jobs it's best to get started now.

Yeah... That's what I personally plan on doing. I'm running an alt for the DRK and likely a character for Machinist. My WHM is 41 so getting her to where I need to be won't be a problem for Astrologian.

• 2 weeks later...

Official translation of the Live Letter is up!

It's a lot of information we already knew, but there's some interesting stuff we only speculated one, too. To wit:

Flying isn't on the table for 2.x Eorzea, might be revisited in the future

Only new combat actions will come from the class quests

New Disciple of the Hand actions granted through quests

Doing current trials with less than 8 will be possible

New level sync parameters will set you to minimum ilvl for Challenge Modes

Alexander loot doubleconfirmed to be on the WoD lockout system - Run as much as you want, loot only once

Lootmaster system incoming, ability to pass after lotting, all-greed only

Token system similar to 1.0 for trials: Every kill gives a token, 10 tokens buys an item

SE considers Midlander to be the main character

There was some discussion on what armor to show off for the Heavensward trailer

The ARR End of an Era trailer was in production BEFORE Louisoix's name was even finalized - He's referred to as "Grandpa" internally

Flames of Truth was given the working name "Grandpa's Stands His Ground"

Yoshida revealed that Ishgard was planned to be opened in the 1.0 arc

Well its good to know that the Ahriman and the Bomb Palanquin

will be retconned as Flying Mounts later.

I kind of took that as a "we might consider it, but it's mostly us joking around" sort of statement on Yoshi's part. xD

Well its good to know that the Ahriman and the Bomb Palanquin

will be retconned as Flying Mounts later.

I kind of took that as a "we might consider it, but it's mostly us joking around" sort of statement on Yoshi's part. xD

English translation makes it sound like it's coming.

Q: Do you have plans to make the ahriman, bomb palanquin, and other existing mounts into flying mounts?

A: While it won’t be at the launch of Heavensward, we do plan on addressing this. We’ll need to create the takeoff and landing animations for each one. It will be a gradual process, but you’ll be able to fly with them eventually.

To my eyes, anyway.

Flying mounts are supposed to move slower on land than non-flying mounts do, so I wonder how they'll balance the speed for older mounts that are given the ability to fly in the future. Will they fly slower? Or will they run slower on land like the 3.0 flying mounts do? If it's the latter, I'll be kind of disappointed. (IF they even actually do it, that is.)

Flying mounts are supposed to move slower on land than non-flying mounts do, so I wonder how they'll balance the speed for older mounts that are given the ability to fly in the future. Will they fly slower? Or will they run slower on land like the 3.0 flying mounts do? If it's the latter, I'll be kind of disappointed. (IF they even actually do it, that is.)

I would assume that they would move slower.