Hey, um, im new n stuff. ...

So uh, I played some FF on the DS, the grimoire of the rift game, and I liked it, so uh, I thought maybe I'd join a rp group thing, so uh, here I am. ...I never played any other FF games, so idk if I should be here, but, uh, can someone help me with the basics of this rp n stuff?

So uh, I played some FF on the DS, the grimoire of the rift game, and I liked it, so uh, I thought maybe I'd join a rp group thing, so uh, here I am. ...I never played any other FF games, so idk if I should be here, but, uh, can someone help me with the basics of this rp n stuff?

Sure!

Quick question: Do you play FFXIV, by chance? Or did you find your way here through some small miracle of Google and other magic? The site's predominantly for folks roleplaying in the XIV world, but we do find all sorts here.

...No... I used google.. Uh, so I just thought, like, I rp now and then, and like, the site I rped on is kinda dead, but I played some FF for the first time and felt like rping, so, yeah, I searched for a rping site, cause, best way to find out wheter its gonna work is trying.. right..?

hmmm....shame about the last forum you used for rp. this forum is geared more to rp with the mmo game xiv a realm reborn. a good general rp site that i used to lurk on to read was iwakuroleplay.com they have a lot of forums for either original or series based (like anime, game, movie, ect ect) it's free and you may have better luck there. (just a warning some stuff is over 18 there so if that's an issue; you might want to watch out for some of those rp's but they should be labeled.)

good luck with your search and if you do get a copy of ffxiv; pop back in and we'll be more than happy to rp with ya ;3

...I don't know what kind of rp I'm looking for, I only ever really rped on that site, with either... Uh, rp in a "room" (where you can use a flash file for your character and use actions n stuff, and post your action in the chatbox) and rp in a group (rp with a bio n stuff in a "group" (with threads for info), and a chatbox... And such.), and I don't think I can do that anywhere else... So uh... Yeah, I don't think I care much about the kind of rp, but I'm not very good at rping... ...

That's not entirely true! Clio was just pointing out that this website functions as a sort of companion to the roleplay that happens in the game most of the time. That doesn't mean there isn't RP on the board, but it's usually in response to what's already happened or going to happen in-game.

It also means that, while there's a metric fuckton of lore dumped here, we don't have a really dedicated library for it, since most of this stuff is available in game. That doesn't mean you're not welcome to look around and lurk a bit or ask questions to get a feel for things!

That's not entirely true! Clio was just pointing out that this website functions as a sort of companion to the roleplay that happens in the game most of the time. That doesn't mean there isn't RP on the board, but it's usually in response to what's already happened or going to happen in-game.

It also means that, while there's a metric fuckton of lore dumped here, we don't have a really dedicated library for it, since most of this stuff is available in game. That doesn't mean you're not welcome to look around and lurk a bit or ask questions to get a feel for things!

Oh, okay. So uh, can I like, have a non-canon character? I really want to rp as a moogle thief/fusilier :P But uh, this rp seems a bit difficult for my level - I'm not good with bios, too... So uh, if I can rp here n stuff, uh, can someone help me with that?

nope, just trying to offer a good alternative for you since your old one is no longer being used. it might be a bit more difficult to rp here without the game because as warren stated; rp on the game and the forums kinda go hand and hand here and you'll end up on missing out on some things without being present in the game. you're still more than welcome to poke around (may even encourage you to try the game, it's great imo....first mmo i didn't hate :3 ) but i'm just not sure how much rp you'll find here and as it was also stated; lore is a bit jumbled around in varying threads so that might be a bit hard to keep track of without the game as well.

as far as another site like what you had with actions and chat boxes...never really did too many of them myself so i can't suggest any off hand....maybe try a search saying "site like ___ with rp" or something?

That would probably work! If you're interested on playing a moogle, I'm going to go ahead and link to the first result for "XIV moogle wiki" that Google spit at me.

Because XIV is definitely its own familiar-but-different world, moogles here aren't quite the same as they are in the FFTA series. I'd recommend giving it a look-over and seeing if it's still in line with what you're looking to do!

Oh, okay. So uh, can I like, have a non-canon character? I really want to rp as a moogle thief/fusilier :P But uh, this rp seems a bit difficult for my level - I'm not good with bios, too... So uh, if I can rp here n stuff, uh, can someone help me with that?

I can't imagine too many folks objecting to that sort of character - although Moogles in FFXIV are a bit different from the Moogles in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift.

I think the biggest issue you might have is that there's an entire world that is in FFXIV that all this RP is based around, and you might have difficulty RPing with that given all the information you wouldn't have ready access to. Not just information like "what is the Echo" or "who is Louisoix", but what Ul'dah or Limsa is, or what a Roegadyn or Elezen might be!

...They look a bit weird... I guess I should compare them...

Pom-pom(?) - Check; It seems smaller, and the...String-ish-thing is shorter

Size - Check - They seem smaller tho.

Wings(?) - Check

Ears - Check; A lot smaller

Kupo - Unknown

Whiskers - Check

Most seems to be in order.

I can't imagine too many folks objecting to that sort of character - although Moogles in FFXIV are a bit different from the Moogles in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift.

I think the biggest issue you might have is that there's an entire world that is in FFXIV that all this RP is based around, and you might have difficulty RPing with that given all the information you wouldn't have ready access to. Not just information like "what is the Echo" or "who is Louisoix", but what Ul'dah or Limsa is, or what a Roegadyn or Elezen might be!

...So uh, what is all that stuff?

...They look a bit weird... I guess I should compare them...

Pom-pom(?) - Check; It seems smaller, and the...String-ish-thing is shorter

Size - Check - They seem smaller tho.

Wings(?) - Check

Ears - Check; A lot smaller

Kupo - Unknown

Whiskers - Check

Most seems to be in order.

Moogles in FFXIV are less playable humanoid race as they are magical creature-ish. They do still have quite a few unique features in the world of Hydaelyn (currently only in Eorzea).

• They handle all our in-game mail.
  • They taught people how to commune with nature, which is Conjury.
  • They have a (possibly fictional king) the Good King Moggle Mog XII
  • They can make themselves invisible/shown at will

This video contains the Opening of the first version of the game (FFXIV 1.0) and it's ending/open of the second version of the game (FFXIV 2.0)

Without trying to get into too much detail to cause an overload, I'll try to give a quick world settings.

Planet: Hydaelyn

Races: Hyur (humans), Miqo'te (look like cat people), Lalafell (little people), Elezen (elves, effectively), Roegadyn (big people?), Au Ra (new race, demonic theme)

Places:

1) Eorzea - the country we're in. It's composed of a few city-states.

2) Thanalan - big desert region. Houses the city state of Ul'dah, a desert oasis city.

2) La Noscea - an island off the coast of the mainland, houses the city-state of Limsa Lominsa, which was formerly pirates.

3) The Black Shroud - a large forest. Also called the Twelveswood, in relation to the 12 gods of Eorzea. Houses the city-state of Gridania, which is allowed to exist as an agreement between the forest's Elementals (almost demigod-like beings) and mankind.

4) Coerthas - previously green and foresty area that's been frozen in a (seemingly) eternal winter. Houses the city-state of Ishgard. They do not like dragons.

They also tend to stick to living in the Twelveswood and often don't show themselves to outsiders. Most common-folk don't even know they exist, and those that do have likely never seen one. Those that do often consider it good luck (I think? Baderon seemed quite happy when he saw one in the Postmoogle quest chain...). Those with the Echo can apparently see them, though.

Plus side, the King Moggle Mog fight shows that they can do any of the combat classes in the game decently enough, so there's that! But this is what I mean - there's a lot of information that is helpful to know that is presented in the game itself. Heck, there's probably a lot more little lore tidbits that I can't even recall at the moment.

You just might find it hard to RP without the knowledge that comes from playing the game itself... or reading up a lot on the various wikis.

...So uh, what is all that stuff?

Stuff about the world this RP takes place in - the land of Eorzea on the planet Hydaelyn. Where Louisoix channeled the power of the Twelve to stop Bahamut after he was freed from the false moon Dalamund. Where Miqo'te, Lalafell, Elezen, Hyur, and Roegadyn all try to make a living.

I may be confusing you by throwing in-game term after in-game term, but there is a whole established world with ample lore in place that we are RPing with. And it's all pulled from the MMO Final Fantasy XIV. I can only image it would be very hard to understand what is going on without having actually played the game yourself, or have done extensive research.

Some additional background information of the game. (Lots of 1.0 scenes)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyfMnmXNioAopCP77sg-g

Finding the current ones from 2.0-2.55 is a little harder, as they're all sorta split everywhere.

If you've got a gaming computer though, there is a 2 week free trial (and large download) that can help get your feet wet for what the world looks like.

There's also a PC benchmark/character creator with a little information and a way to see what some of the people look like :)

Some additional background information of the game. (Lots of 1.0 scenes)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyfMnmXNioAopCP77sg-g

Finding the current ones from 2.0-2.55 is a little harder, as they're all sorta split everywhere.

If you've got a gaming computer though, there is a 2 week free trial (and large download) that can help get your feet wet for what the world looks like.

There's also a PC benchmark/character creator with a little information and a way to see what some of the people look like :)

Looks like this is, as I expected, a HUGE rpg game... And FFTA already looked pretty long... 

Plus side, the King Moggle Mog fight shows that they can do any of the combat classes in the game decently enough, so there's that! But this is what I mean - there's a lot of information that is helpful to know that is presented in the game itself. Heck, there's probably a lot more little lore tidbits that I can't even recall at the moment.

So I can just be a moogle? Great :P

Looks like this is, as I expected, a HUGE rpg game... And FFTA already looked pretty long...

It's a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG game (MMORPG). So, basically, like World of Warcraft or Everquest but with Final Fantasy elements instead.

And, roleplay-wise, you can totally be a moogle! They aren't a race you can actually play in the game itself, but nothing's keeping you from playing one in forum posts and the like.

So, before I make my bio, what is critical to know? Is there like, a certain wiki page with the most important stuff?

It gets a little tricky because a lot of the core information is scattered throughout the game.

For moogles, I'd recommend the 1.0 Gridania opening, 2.0 Opening, and anything you could find on Good King Moggle Mog XII.

Consider the following: You're asking for a quick summary of a game that's been around since 2010 in some form or the other, with multiple different factions, motives and concepts.

To put it another way: Real quick, what do I need to know to RP in FFTA2?

There's no fast answer, unfortunately! I can recommend the wiki page here (also reachable from the WIKI tab at the top of the screen) and looking at the Races, Places and Factions pages. The Lore pages will also be a help (these are all on the left-side of the wiki).

...Wait, moogles FLY in FFXIV? And... They use instruments.. And stop time? And always have their eyes closed......?

The time-stopping might have been the work of something else, but yes.

They're pretty different from the moogles the tactics universe.