Old Angry Roe Seeking:

You know.  That's a good question.

Most of my RP experiance so far has been walk ups.  Which are great!  Which are fun!

But I have no idea how to get a hook into the community at large for more madness, mayhem, and the concessional cup of srs talk tea.  I want to up my game and my enjoyment of the game.

So I'm looking for advice. I'm looking for FCs.  I'm looking for linkshells and connections.

I'm auditioning here, I have no idea if I'm a good fit.

But there's only one way to find out. +w+

Ask your questions.    I might even answer them.

But I have no idea how to get a hook into the community at large for more madness, mayhem, and the concessional cup of srs talk tea.  I want to up my game and my enjoyment of the game.

Its all networking, I find (OOCly, that is). I can only speak for myself, but the deeper sort of RP only came for me after I shopped my character around, found an FC/LS, and all that. It was definitely a bit draining and less fun than actual RP, but actually getting RP hooks via RP is pure luck and circumstance. Not to say that it doesn't happen, of course!

Do you have an objective for the character as the writer? Like a personal arc or something you want Hammer to explore? If so, you can literally PM people you think fits in there and perhaps get something going. Or offer up Hammer to be involved in others' plots. There's also FCs and all that; I'd speak of my own FC but recruitment is actually closed right now since we recently had an influx of new members to assimilate (but definitely look up Aeon in the future :V). 

Anywho, that's what I did and it works for me. Results may vary.

(Also, Bynn the Breaker is my favorite song on the Bastion soundtrack <3)

Its all networking, I find (OOCly, that is). I can only speak for myself, but the deeper sort of RP only came for me after I shopped my character around, found an FC/LS, and all that. It was definitely a bit draining and less fun than actual RP, but actually getting RP hooks via RP is pure luck and circumstance. Not to say that it doesn't happen, of course!

Do you have an objective for the character as the writer? Like a personal arc or something you want Hammer to explore? If so, you can literally PM people you think fits in there and perhaps get something going. Or offer up Hammer to be involved in others' plots. There's also FCs and all that; I'd speak of my own FC but recruitment is actually closed right now since we recently had an influx of new members to assimilate (but definitely look up Aeon in the future :V). 

Anywho, that's what I did and it works for me. Results may vary.

(Also, Bynn the Breaker is my favorite song on the Bastion soundtrack <3)

(Bastion Tracks are the Best)

Hammer exists as a ride along right now.  He's here to get into other people's stories.  That's a purposeful brake on my part. I'm new here.  I need to get involved. I need to get involved in other people's stuff.

There's longer reaching arc stuff but A) It's designed to be A Long Game type of thing and B) It Can Wait because I am a Newb here.  It'll get done when it gets done, or it might never see the light of day.  Depends on who Hammer meets and why.

So yes: I'd love to get into other people's stories.  I have no idea how FCs work in regard to getting into things.  I've never seen a "guild" system work like this on an RP server before, so I'm kind of curious how one helps work as an axis for Stories.

I would echo Sophia's recommendation: to do some shopping for FC's and LS's who have a concept that you find personally interesting. I know the number of LS's listed in the LS Hall button might seem intimidating, but I'd just set aside, like, an hour in dedication to thoughtfully looking them over.

If a LS's intro blurb sparks your interest, check out their websites - or even their in-game FC houses. Most officers of FC's are happy enough to answer questions from prospective new members as well.

If you do this, and place your ante/investment in a group or two, I think you'll find the sort of RP you seek!

Edit: Most FC's also have their own mechanisms for getting new people involved in their plots: often including introductory RP and "the story up to now" plot summaries posted somewhere on their website~

While I have never RPed with you, I've heard nothing but good things and I found your wiki to be a fun read. I have to away to work for now, but if you are interested in, well, anything, I will PM you when I get home.

You're already pretty influential to Aaron! 

He went bloodthirsty at grindstone because Hammers words kept replaying in his head influencing him to go savage on his opponents.

The "Wait. I did that." breakdown afterwards was a thing of beauty.

I try to impress! Lol

While I have never RPed with you, I've heard nothing but good things and I found your wiki to be a fun read. I have to away to work for now, but if you are interested in, well, anything, I will PM you when I get home.

I can confirm I am interested in Anything.  The followthrough, as always, will be more complicated, but Things and Stuff are always Cool.

You know, Chiyo would probably recognize Hammer after watching him fight Leih'a at the grindstone. Also, his personality will remind her of her half-sister. :P

I recommend either New Conglomerate or Bastion of Twelve personally. Both FC have pretty cool person with likely a few RP storylines.

You know, Chiyo would probably recognize Hammer after watching him fight Leih'a at the grindstone. Also, his personality will remind her of her half-sister. :P

I recommend either New Conglomerate or Bastion of Twelve personally. Both FC have pretty cool person with likely a few RP storylines.

The obvious solution is to FITE.

That said: I havn't been around much to get anything done tonight. I'll try again tomorrow!

If you ever seek to roleplay with some Ishgardian scum, Virella is currently in Limsa/Mist! I'm not sure what the hell those two would have in common, if anything, but it could make for fun interaction for an evening, and see if those two happen to maybe, very unlikely, happen to get along and see if future roleplay can happen!

I'm pretty much garbage when it comes to plots and things but if you ever feel like bumping into an angry highlander woman then feel free to hit me up. Depending on Things, might be able to point someone one way or another for More Things.

Hey there! I know there are a lot of great linkshells and FC's if you wanna shop around the linkshell hall. On that note, Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested. Also, I'm glad to role-play anytime!

If Hammer finds himself in the Shroud, Max would love to pester him haha

I'm starting Max anew, so I'm kinda in the same boat. If you'd be down for some connections and whatnot, definitely pm me! I love to plot!

I have no idea how to get a hook into the community at large for more madness, mayhem, and the concessional cup of srs talk tea.

I can relate. I have a small group of three or four RPers I mingle with, but I'd love to branch out and talk to some folks and really get a sense for the server's community.

I wish I could help you past just telling you "I can relate" but there's not much I can do. I can tell you, though, that I'm almost always in-character and I enjoy walk-ups, so find me any time and our characters can... I don't know... get drunk and wander around together until we find more people to similarly get drunk and wander around with or something.

Either way, I'm always open if you're feeling bored.

Can Fiona and Hammer be best best superfriends?  I think it'd be super duper.  :D :D

That depends. How much fire and murder is involved?

If you ever seek to roleplay with some Ishgardian scum, Virella is currently in Limsa/Mist! I'm not sure what the hell those two would have in common, if anything, but it could make for fun interaction for an evening, and see if those two happen to maybe, very unlikely, happen to get along and see if future roleplay can happen!

Hit me up.  I run around in the evenings most times.  Ishgard is a hot ticket item right now +w+

I'm pretty much garbage when it comes to plots and things but if you ever feel like bumping into an angry highlander woman then feel free to hit me up. Depending on Things, might be able to point someone one way or another for More Things.

Things and spontanious stuff are The Best.  

Hey there! I know there are a lot of great linkshells and FC's if you wanna shop around the linkshell hall. On that note, Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested. Also, I'm glad to role-play anytime!

Hah, same one Mia is in.

I think you had better get the warnings from her about me.

Can Fiona and Hammer be best best superfriends?  I think it'd be super duper.  :D :D

That depends. How much fire and murder is involved?

Hah, same one Mia is in.

I think you had better get the warnings from her about me.

So much fire and murder.  Though she's more into slicing people open.  ... For surgery of course.