[EPISODE 4 DONE] Final Fantasy XIV: Hydaelyn Unlimited

DID SOMEONE SAY MULTIPLE CHARACTERS?!

I kinda wanna put my Seeker siblings here since they'll be replaced by my Au Ra in game anyway if that's alright with you? xD

Altered backstory and all that crap but they're both Lancers a catguy and catgirl.

No problem! Just remember that even though they may be featured in one episode...they are featured nonetheless! Just depends on the characters themselves! Still show me!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character Name: Aronaux Farendaire

Nickname: Ao 

Race/Clan: Elezen Wildwood 

Character Role: Warrior of Light

Echo: Whirlwind (Aronaux summons a great tempest by the power of the Mother Crystal and fires off several arrows at once into a mass of enemies blinded and deafened by the wind.)

Aspect: Wind 

Synopsis: A minor Ishgardian noble caught up in the storyline by a Scion of the Seventh Dawn operating in Coerthas.

Personality: Aronaux is polite and courteous and excellently educated by the best instructors in Ishgard.  Nevertheless, he is a particularly grumpy man, and while he maintains the strictest of courtesy when interacting with others, he is usually in some sort of unhappy mood.  To best sum up this strange contradiction, friends privately refer to him as the "kind asshole," behind his back, noting both his strict code of honor and his general disposition.

Background: Lord Aronaux Farendaire, the firstborn of two Ishgardians of a minor noble household, has for most of his life lived under the shadow of his father, a dragoon slain by a fierce Dravanian attack only a few years after Aronaux's birth.  Never particularly talented with melee weaponry, Farendaire is exceptionally skilled with the bow and learned all he knows about archery from his uncle, Shalinor Embrelle.  As an Ishgardian, he has never left the Central Highlands of Coerthas, and, if somewhat suspicious of outsiders, admits that the Eorzean Alliance's intervention in the Ishgard-Dravanian War is necessary for victory.  Therefore, whenever he comes across adventurers - and he does so often, with House Fortemps's liberal attitude towards foreigners - he is careful to remain civil, polite, and moderately friendly. 

Strengths: Aronaux Farendaire is an excellent diplomat, archer, historian, and natural leader. 

Flaws: Aronaux can come across as arrogant, holier-than-thou, stubborn, and fiercely loyal to Ishgard to a fault. He will protest even a minor insult towards the Holy See.

Appearance:   Having trouble with images, so I'll just link it. ;-;  http://i.imgur.com/LXVSQJn.png

Shoot i forgot about the Fears. :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

It's my fault really. I should have prepared everything but hey I did not say it was final so all should be good. Fears are not mandatory, but they make things interesting.

It's my fault really. I should have prepared everything but hey I did not say it was final so all should be good. Fears are not mandatory, but they make things interesting.

Well i added his Fears and Updated his Picture hope its Acceptable.

Well, Aronaux would be deathly afraid of voidsent.  Could be interesting should ascians show up, or the heroes storm Dzemael Darkhold?

Dzemael Darkhold will indeed be explored, as with all the other dungeons. It will take place in the Coerthas saga so yea will be interesting!

Well i added his Fears and Updated his Picture hope its Acceptable.

Perfectly fine!

While this is quite an interesting idea, I, being both a newcomer to the site and not exactly have Memenu fully fleshed out yet, do not think I qualify for joining in on this.

With that said, Good luck.

You're welcome to join in at anytime once you get Memenu fully fleshed out. She could be in a filler arc or something due to her being a Lalafell Primal. Lmao :D

While this is quite an interesting idea, I, being both a newcomer to the site and not exactly have Memenu fully fleshed out yet, do not think I qualify for joining in on this.

With that said, Good luck.

You're welcome to join in at anytime once you get Memenu fully fleshed out. She could be in a filler arc or something due to her being a Lalafell Primal. Lmao :D

I'll think about that. ('-' )

be a great way to get an unlikely ally, too.

Character Name: Memenu Menu

Nickname: Menu, Memenu, Meme, Memenu Menu

Race/Clan: Lalafell Dunesfolk

Character Role:Minor (Major) Villian/Ally?

Echo (Warrior of Light): N/A

Aspect (If Warrior of Light): N/A

Personality: Childish, easily angered and rather naive. Rather gullible as well. Think Angry. Like hulk. More like Akuma. Mixed with Cirno.

Background: A being from ancient lore given corporeal form, she hasn't existed for very long on Eorzea

Strengths: Heavily specialized with fist weapons as well as swords and axes.

Flaws: Very short tempered, her height obviously making her claims less... Impactful. Lacks the skills of "day to day" living. Sleeping and Eating are strange to her.

Likes: Lalafell, the strange edible thing called cheesecake.

Dislikes: Elves, Miqo'te (she thinks Miqo'te are a race of lalafell who were turned into cat people for being unworthy of the lalafell race)

Appearancehttp://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37489965402517109/3B597BE24BB87647A792EA83824A5641555C6086/

Japanese Reading (Optional): I would assume it would just be the same in hiragana. めめぬ めぬ?

Voice (Optional): Voice 4 for female lalafell

Other Notes: While she's shorter than the average lalafell, the amount of damage she can do is very unexpected, her small frame barely able to contain the current strength she wields. Her favorite color is blue. For some peculiar reason, she always has a miniature dullahan (about half her height) always following her around. She finds it adorable and is almost inseparable from it.

For those of you who are interested in reading the fanfic, please note I can't start a story about the Warriors of Light WITHOUT the Warriors of Light. I still need 5 Warriors of Light of the following descriptions:

???(Lightning)

-Hyur Highlander

-Male

-Pugilist/Monk

-Ala Mhigan

???(Earth)

-Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun

-Female

-Lancer/Pugilist

???(Wind)

-Wildwood Elezen

-Male/Female

-Archer/Bard/Mage/Lancer

???(Whichever element you want)

-Sea Wolf/Hellsguard Roegadyn

-Male

-Warrior

???(Whichever element you want)

-Plainsfolk/Dunesfolk Lalafell

-Male/Female

-White/Black Mage

-Preferred if they get along well with the Roegadyn.

(Note: Classes/Jobs are preferred: There has to be a healer or two in the party.)

If you would prefer it, I wouldn't mind Aronaux filling the role for the Wind-aspected wildwood.  It makes no difference to me, as long as he can retain his Ishgardian heritage.

Of course of course! Yes now we are halfway complete! I just need to know his Echo ability.

Character Name: U'Kihl Amalle

Nickname: Kihl

Race/Clan: Seeker

Character Role: Supporting Hero/ Minor Character

Synopsis: You'd find him with his sister anywhere in Thanalan. Maybe Ul'dah maybe out in the wild fighting a lesser variant of Mahees, Zanig'oh, etc etc. If he's taken in by main party or at least is in an auxiliary group to the main party his sister comes along with him, no negotiations. What he could bring to the table is his knowledge of most beasts as well as some degree of skill with the skillet and roasting spit. That and the ability to read and write...roughly. 

Personality: Kihl cannot, for the life of him, shut up about his interests if someone so happens to share the same interests. He's a chatterbox most of the time, taking any and every opportunity to snipe at something, for example stating colorful and verbose insults at what he fights. Helps keep him calm in the middle of a fight or so he says. (example, "Your mother is older than Garlemald and I hear your father was already too senile before Aldenard was even named."). He's not fond of people testing his nerves and either walks away or tries to one up the other guy. He has standards he holds himself to and expects others to do the same, granted, his standards aren't high to begin with. He has a level head to offset his sister's impulsiveness. He also takes pride in his non-tribal upbringing. He feels very responsible for whatever his sister does and almost always keeps an eye on her.

Background: Kihl was abandoned to the Sagolii when he was five after a supposed incident in his tribe. He was convinced his father wanted him dead but a good fistfight and a calm sit and talk session quickly cleared that up. He can read and write to some degree and that is due to his foster father, an exiled Ishgardian dragoon. He had also learned how to use a lance because of his foster father. Though he's not a dragoon himself, just a cat with a pointy stick and the sense to gather literature about beasts so he knows where to poke a certain monster and what works well against them.

Strengths: He's fast on his feet and has quite the endurance. Kihl's eyes are sharp and usually pick things that stand out fairly quickly. He has a good sense of direction and makes it a point to remember things. His hearing is impeccable as well. Couple all that with a spear and a some knowledge on fighting certain monsters and you have Kihl in a physical nutshell. He's patient in the sense he knows how to wait and study and observe. Mentally, he has quite the persevering spirit fueled by his desire to prove himself.

Flaws: Despite his leg strength he's still a little on weak side. He's also got his glaring confidence for others to contend with some times. It doesn't help that he's not one to slow down for almost everyone else. He has quite the low tolerance for people who start bragging about themselves endlessly. Sometimes it takes him a while to make a decision too and, more often than not, ends up dealing with whatever his little sister decides to do. His penchant for flair and flashy moves sometimes makes for very impractical actions with poor results. Exaggeration and Embellishment are some requirements for being a good story teller after all and it is a philosophy he applies to almost anything. 

Likes: Stories, learning something, intellectual exchanges, long walks, taking some time alone to reflect.

Dislikes: Other Seekers of the Sun, idiots, people who are wrong but don't seem to notice it, people who are wrong and notice it but don't do anything about it, Sandworms.

Engrish Reading: Kiru Amarru.

Voice: Josh Grelle (Byakuya Togami variant, EN), Akira Ishida (JP)

4rH8Nq2.png

Character Name: U'Remi Amalle

Nickname: Remi

Race/Clan: Seeker

Character Role: Supporting Hero/ Minor Character

Synopsis: You'd find her with her brother anywhere in Thanalan. Maybe Ul'dah maybe out in the wild fighting a lesser variant of Mahees, Zanig'oh, etc etc. If she's taken in by main party or at least is in an auxiliary group to the main party she will bring her brother. They could use her light feet and quick hands to their advantage really. She has quite the sticky fingers. It is also possible that she could steal from one of the main cast and meet the siblings that way.

Personality: Remi, unlike her brother isn't one for talking. However, she's very impulsive and prefers doing everything on the fly and just dealing with things as they come. A small smile almost always plays on her lips and sometimes that smile is infectious or at least her brother is just really susceptible to it. She's easily distracted by the shiny and still carries herself with less grace than her brother does but she's learning. Due to a primarily tribal setting until recent events had her leave as well, she can be rather abrasive toward other people and not be aware about it. Though she's been trying to walk on eggshells to spare her older brother a few more headaches. Still she's rash and barely thinks, she trusts her gut more than her head. Which usually leads to some rather brutally honest remarks. She still comes off as rather naive.

Background: Remi had, for the most part, been saddled with invisible expectations after both her older brothers disappeared and her eldest brother killed when he tried to become nunh. Still, she kept her discipline with herself and soldiered on, though when Ika, her younger sister had disappeared as well, all the responsibilities suddenly felt a bit too overwhelming as she was the sole child of her mother's left in the tribe. Her skill with the spear was born from a necessity in hunting rather than formal training, hence her unorthodox moveset. She had only broke away from the tribe when her brother had returned, caked in sand and seething with a fury tempered over 16 years. She had borne witness to what her brother could do and, more importantly, that Ika was with him as well. As he left the Sagolii, she begged her father to let her reunite with her siblings and she had fought him as well for that right.

Strengths: Like her brother, she's fast on her feet and quick with her hands, easily able to shift her grip on the spear in the middle of a fight. She's proficient with the spear but in a very unorthodox style that involves various grips on her spear, allowing her to respond regardless of proximity. Her sheer discipline is what drives and tempers her, unlike her brother's which is his perseverance.

Flaws: Even though she has better physical senses than her brother, she is still unable to completely use them in urban settings where she has not learned the meaning of the word 'filter' she picks up anything and everything and more often than not it all blends into white noise for her, it eliminates any reliable information gathering she could do. Literacy is something that is foreign to her as well, reading is quite the difficult task and relies on her brother for such things. In urban settings, she has quite the dependence on her sibling. 

Likes: Hunting, nature, outdoors, climbing and racing rooftops, lightening pockets, her siblings.

Dislikes: Being scolded, being isolated, having responsibilities, the helpless.

Engrish Reading: Lemi Amarru

Voice: Julie Ann Taylor (EN), Ami Koshimizu (JP)

LGfZZis.png

I had a preface I wanted to make, but I've since forgotten it. Probably that I left a few things out for the time being so as to make the wall of text less painful. So let me know when/if you're wanting to use one of them and I'll give a fuller run-down of what they've got to bring to the table. Oh, and the crop of screens will have to wait until tomorrow. That said.... SUFFER, THE WALL OF TEXT.

Character Name: Chris Ganale

Nickname: None

Race/Clan: Midlander hyur

Character Role: Minor character or supporting hero. Wherever he winds up most useful

Synopsis: An ex-Flames soldier and veteran of Carteneau. While largely staying out of the main story, he participated in Operation Archon and was the man who raised the flag of the Immortal Flames over Castrum Meridianum.

Personality: Initially standoffish, Ganale mainly tends to keep to himself. He puts on the outward appearance of being headstrong and unwilling to change his opinions, the truth is he's a doormat and usually goes along with others just so he doesn't have to argue his case. He's cynical and jaded, suffering from PTSD as a result of the Battle of Carteneau, manifesting itself in difficulty getting to sleep or staying asleep. He's not prone to violent outbursts. He has a weakness for female miqo'te in that one can typically get him to do whatever they want, short of things that are against his morals or life-threatening; this doesn't mean he would hesitate to end the life of one who raised a weapon to him, however.

Background: An Ul'dahn by birth, a long family history of military service chose his path for him ahead of time, instilling in him the values of honor, courage, loyalty, and dignity that he still maintains to the present day. He enlisted in the Immortal Flames as soon as he came of age, serving with distinction and great prowess at the Battle of Carteneau. He was severely injured in that battle, however, his left arm scarred by magicked metal fused to his body. After several years spent in poverty, he was convinced to become a mercenary axeman, earning himself a meager reputation as skilled and dependable. He's recently (circa 2.1) become permanently contracted as bodyguard to a miqo'te scholar, and spends his spare time mining mythril in Southern Thanalan.

Strengths: Martially-skilled in swords, spears, two-handed swords, and axes. Skilled in small-unit battlefield tactics. Capable of mending arms and armor. Miner.

Flaws: Extreme self-loathing and inferiority complex. Unable to wield a shield or a second weapon in his left hand for more than a few minutes at a time.

Appearance: Matches in-game appearance just fine. I'll add example images later when I have the chance to get on him.

Other Notes: A full and complete bio of Ganale can be found by reading his wiki. It's entirely up-to-date barring descriptions of a few RP events.

Character Name: Chao Lingshen

Nickname:

Race/Clan: Miqo'te seeker of the sun

Character Role: Minor character or supporting hero, wherever she fits more. Or even an arc villain! should you see fit to have the party oppose her increasingly-militant development of magitek :3

Synopsis: A magitek prodigy and combat mage, Chao lends her incredible genius at technology to defeating the Empire, producing numerous weapon and personal augments for battle. Though she largely remains at the sidelines of the main story, she's a known weapons designer for the Garlond Ironworks and occasionally has to fight off Garlean assassin squads.

Personality: In large gatherings, Chao has a tendency to fade into the background and not stand out amongst other, more colorful individuals. She is polite and well-spoken, demonstrating an amiable personality with a tendency to make jokes and tease. One of her favorite jokes is to begin an ominous sounding statement, then laugh it off rather than complete the threat. Beneath the playful exterior, however, she is singularly-focused on the downfall of the Garlean Empire and the preservation of all lands that have suffered under Garlemald. She is extremely displeased with the lack of unity and cohesion amongst the city-states, and has on occasion considered taking on the role of a great existential threat to force the realm to unite, having refrained only because such a threat clearly doesn't work (re: Garlemald). If the situation demands it, however, she's perfectly willing to become a martyr and take on the role of the world's villain in order to save it.

Background: Born in Doma, Chao was a prodigy with technology from an early age, this serving to draw the attentions of the occupying Garlean Empire. Under threat of death to her family and herself, she was conscripted into the Empire, serving in their technological division. She recognized her great opportunity, playing the part of a loyal technician while studying all she could of their technology and discreetly sabotaging what she could. Eventually, some years after the Calamity, she was moved to Castrum Meridianum, and was tasked to work on the Ultimate Weapon. While doing so, she sabotaged its fuel system several times, the last such event occurring during a raid of the Ironworks on the castrum, resulting in a massive explosion, severe ceruleum burns to her legs, and the delaying of the Ultimate Weapon being ready by a year. She soon after joined the Ironworks and began to develop new and advanced magitek weapons. Over time, she's created a prototype powered armor (2.4-ish), miniaturized magitek bits (2.4-ish), and a fully-functional self-aware combat robot in the form of a miqo'te (2.55-ish). On the personal combat front, she's created a combat style that combines offensive magic with unarmed combat, which she has unoriginally taken to calling 'combat magic'. She has as of late (2.3/2.4-ish) become associated with Vylbrand Academy through her partner-in-crime/fellow scientist Satomi Hakase.

Strengths: Incredible physical unarmed strength, able to cast spells (specialized in fire magic) while in melee combat, genius ability with technology and several other sciences.

Flaws: Hubris, believing herself to be immune to/able to handle the consequences of her actions; more concerned with getting results than following laws.

Appearance: Matches to her in-game appearance. I'll provide screens later on of her casual, research/work, and combat outfits.

Japanese Reading (Optional): 超 鈴音, チャオ・リンシェン, Chao Rinshen

Voice (Optional): Megumi Takamoto (JP), Trina Nishimura (EN)

<-- video of JP VA, also provides a good example of her magic (even though she hasn't picked up that particular spell yet)

Other Notes: As with Ganale, her full bio can be found in her wiki, and is probably the better source as what I've put here is extremely condensed. She's got quite a few pecularities regarding her combat styles, which I can expand upon in more posts. Most notably her list of spells.

Character Name: R'tahz Tia

Nickname: Tahz (only to certain individuals)

Race/Clan: Miqo'te seeker of the sun

Character Role: Minor character or supporting hero, as necessary

Synopsis: An outcast from his La Noscean tribe, he's somewhat infamous around Limsa for failing fourteen consecutive efforts to challenge for the position of nunh of his tribe. After leaving, he wandered around the city-states for a time until he met with another tribal outcast by the name of J'karu Rhome. After clearing out a band of pirates in the Sastasha Seagrot, the pair began to travel together and increase their combat training, with J'karu learning black magic from a void-addled thaumaturge in the floating ruins of Nym, and R'tahz learning the skills of a dragoon from a former dragoon-now-guard-captain in House Fortemps. Recently married, the couple live in an inn in the Black Shroud, leaving both for his part-time postman work and for her to look for new Triple Triad challengers. With Ishgard threatened by the Dravanian horde, they sallied forth to defend the Steps of Faith.

Personality: So lawful good that it's painful, R'tahz will always avail himself to help those he senses are in need. He doesn't have the sharpest of wits, but isn't stupid either.He doesn't hold grudges, except in very rare cases, and is fond of collecting weapons that have moving parts. He adores J'karu with every bit of his soul, and has an irrational fear that, because of his early-life failings to become nunh, that other male miqo'te may try to steal her away from him.

Background: Oops, I kinda did this in the synopsis area.

Strengths: Proficient in a number of physical combat styles, though excels with a spear, an axe, and a bow, in that order.

Flaws: No magical aptitude, far too trusting, too slow to catch on to obvious set-ups (looking at you, 2.55 >.>)

Appearance: Matches up to his in-game appearance. Screens to follow.

Voice (Optional):

<-- R'tahz's personal theme and a voice sample too

Other Notes: Once more, see the wiki for his full details.

Character Name: Seno Nakakami

Nickname: Dragon of the East

Character Role: Supporting hero/minor character as needed

Synopsis: A Doman swordsman, Seno is one of the last survivors of a school of swordsmanship that specializes in exterminating voidsent and demons. He and his wife have been in Eorzea since several months before Operation Archon, but did not participate in it.

Personality: Smartassed, snarky, and sarcastic are the three best descriptors for Seno. He's not an out-and-out asshole, however, mostly playing up the snark for laughs. In truth, he's quite laid-back and easy going, almost impossible to offend. Because of the destruction of his home and family, he views the Garlean Empire as his mortal nemesis, but is less immediately-hostile than his wife is. He will give the benefit of the doubt to those who have absconded from the Empire's service, and prefers to deal with the Empire in a manner he describes as "long memory, short fuse, big revenge." His irreverence carries over into battle, rarely taking combat seriously at the outset. He spends more time taunting his enemies and putting on a show than he does actually fighting. This does not mean he underestimates his foes, using his inane actions to goad them into acting rashly. He also can flip between his silliness and complete and utter seriousness in combat without provocation; even his wife can't accurately predict when and under what circumstances he'll make the switch.

Background: Born in Doma, Seno grew up studying the Shinmei-ryū school of swordsmanship. At a young age, he befriended a fellow student, Motoko Aoyama, who was in the line of succession to lead the school. As they grew older, their friendship deepened into love, seeing them married shortly before the age of eighteen. Theirs was a time of turmoil, however, and with a succession crisis looming in Garlemald, the Domans broke into revolt. Led by the warriors of Shinmei-ryū, the Domans succeeded in driving out the token oppressors and holding a freed nation for six moons. Then came The Betrayal. Across Doma, prominent military, political, and civilian leaders are assassinated, ushering in chaos before the Garlean campaign of reckoning. The Shinmei-ryū, through as much skill and remoteness as luck, weathered the assassination attempts unscathed, and rose to face the Garleans once more, knowing that to do so would spell their death. But it was the path they chose, to allow their countrymen the chance to escape. Through this Last Stand of the Shinmei-ryū, time is bought to allow as many Domans to escape certain death. At the last, Motoko's older sister bade Seno and Motoko flee, citing the need for their school to continue, and unwilling to lead her sister to death. Fleeing overseas, Seno and Motoko, and their retainers, are among the first to arrive in Eorzea, coming some months prior to Operation Archon. The small group traveled the realm in search of other Doman survivors, picking up many of Eorzea's combat schools along the way. They enlisted for a time in the Immortal Flames, keeping a low profile and only rising high enough to requisition chocobos for ease of travel. Motoko decided to name the horse-birds in honor of her sister's pet cranes; Shippu for her own bird and Hayate for Seno's. It took almost no time at all for them to come to the decision to rebuild the Shinmei-ryū in Eorzea. After several months spent accruing the capital, they managed to purchase a small homestead in the Lavender Beds, serving as both their home and a training dojo for the school. With the influx of survivors from Doma now beginning to reach the shores of Eorzea, they made known their new dojo as a place of sanctuary for those who needed it, and a place of training for those who wished to strengthen themselves.

Strengths: Extremely-skilled swordsman, highly-proficient in channeling ki into his attacks.

Flaws: Incapable of operating firearms of any kind, they'll either fail to fire or explode when in his hands; cannot fight defensively, must always be on the offensive; loses in 'fair' fights constantly; has a marked tendency to instigate just for his own amusement

Appearance: http://www.zerochan.net/1001630 In brief, give Date Masamune his right eye back and make them green eyes, and you have Seno.

Japanese Reading (Optional): 中神 勢能, Nakakami Seno

Voice (Optional):

<-- in a hypothetical Japanese version, Seno's speech would be littered with gratuitous Engrish.

Other Notes: His wiki is incomplete, and not as good a source of background as the rest

Character Name: Yuuna Akashi

Nickname:

Character Role: Supporting hero or minor character as needed

Synopsis: A Doman military reconnaissance agent, Yuuna and her retainer, Hotaru Kobayashi, scout the length and breadth of Eorzea for important information relevant to the interests of Lady Yugiri and the Doman refugees. She also serves as a liaison with the Grand Companies and GC-affiliated Free Companies.

Personality: Wild and rambunctious, the primary facet of Yuuna's personality is the basic lack of capacity to be cowed by overwhelming odds. Yuuna will never back down from a fight, no matter how much she should, and gives absolutely every onze of effort to everything she does in her life. She is not, however, stupid, and rejecting fear of overwhelming odds does not mean she will senselessly engage in hopeless battles. Aside from this, she's a generally happy person, and can always be seen with an amused smirk, if not a full-on grin, on her face. When on the battlefield, her personality is completely different. She is more than capable of crafting exceptional small-unit battle strategies on the fly, adapting to and improvising for changing circumstances, but unfortunately she is often too hyperactive to engage in much strategy beyond "put bullets into the bad guys until they fall over." Very much a battlefield leader, she is always at the forefront of any charge that she participates in.

Background: Born in Doma, Yuuna spent much of her early life as a naive girl who cared about little more than the next adventure with her friend/page, Hotaru Kobayashi. Her penchant for mischief waned as she grew older, though she never lost touch with her excitability or her confidence. Entering into the armed forces of Doma, she stood out from many of her peers for her use of Garlean-styled firearm weaponry, preferring to dual-wield magitek pistols. Favoring dark-colored light plate armor, she served as "reconnaissance in force", superficially similar to the shinobi corps but suitably equipped for protracted combat in case it became necessary. Along with Lady Yugiri and the first of the Doman refugees, Yuuna and Hotaru fled to Eorzea to escape Garlemald's extermination campaign, initially remaining in Mor Dhona with the rest of the refugees in order to more easily conceal Hotaru's Au Ra features. Eventually, with the need to gain information that would benefit the refugees, the pair began to scout around Eorzea, taking advantage of the fact that Hotaru's features were less prominent than other Au Ra, meaning all she needed was a hooded cloak and a face cloth to hide her appearance. While the shinobi were more than sufficient for general scouting and the sort of shadowy work they were well known for, Yuuna's background was more suited to liaising with military forces of Eorzea for whatever information they could provide. Recently, the pair have rented a room at the Oak Inn from which to live in relative comfort while conducting their scouting operations.

Strengths: Exceptional commander of small units, high accuracy with her firearms, never gives in or gives up

Flaws: Can sometimes be too hyperactive to formulate a strategy, not the sharpest tool in the shed, is insanely (read: violently) jealous of anyone who hits on Hotaru

Appearance: Matched to in-game appearance, wears darklight aiming set for combat

Japanese Reading (Optional): 明石 裕奈, Akashi Yūna

Voice (Optional): Madoka Kimura (JP), Amber Cutton (EN)

Other Notes: Her combat armor comes with a visor, modeled after the Allagan aiming visor, which provides her a heads-up display, giving her a 30-yalm range motion tracker and target acquisition that lights up enemies in red, allies in green, loose weapons in blue, and objects of interest in yellow. http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090603225742/halo/images/thumb/f/fe/H3ODST_Campaign_1stPersonVISR02.jpg/500px-H3ODST_Campaign_1stPersonVISR02.jpg <-- reference

Character Name: Garon Crayson

Nickname: The Hunter, Magitek Hunter

Character Role: Minor character, maybe even antagonist once or twice

Synopsis: A hunter of men wearing powered armor modified from Garlean equipment, this man strides the realm at will, taking coin for bringing in the hardest and most difficult of criminals and outlaws, those that are well beyond the reach of the city-states' authorities.

Personality: Unusual in the sense that he's a mercenary with morals, this is nonetheless not a facet of his personality that is easily recognized. Far more often, people will note that he is aloof, standoffish, and economical of words, this combined with an intense scowl to often drive off most who would wish to casually converse with him. That said, he has a personal sense of honor that might come across as vague and contradictory to onlookers, driven by a set of moral tenants that he keeps to himself. His word is his bond, however, and once he's committed to a contract, he will see it through to completion, barring extenuating circumstances such as dishonesty on the employer's part. To that end, he is very selective in his choice of contracts, doing research on each mark beforehand to ensure that he does not deliver innocents to certain death. He will not ever accept a contract that he deems will cause long-term harm to Eorzea, and on the one known occasion that he came upon the knowledge that a client had issued a mark on behalf of the Garlean Empire, he came back to that client and promptly executed them on the spot.

Background: Born in Gridania, Garon grew up in poverty, and decided early on in life that he would not remain that way. Developing a marksmanship talent early, he served for several years in the Twin Adders before managing to one day apprehend a man that was wanted by authorities in Ul'dah. After receiving the payout for the man's bounty, he realized that he had found his calling. Following his own sense of moral ideals and picking up a taste for firearms after travels to Limsa Lominsa, he developed a small reputation as a reliable and honorable bounty hunter, though he still remained small-time, earning just enough to keep himself fed and his equipment kept up. This would likely have continued indefinitely, had not the near-destruction of Eorzea occurred. With the aftermath of the Calamity and the decimation of the field at Carteneau, Garon scavenged a set of armor from a fallen Garlean officer and immediately began modifying it with various magitek and aetherial upgrades. Now with a distinctive look, word began to spread of the 'magitek hunter' and other such silly epithets. Caring for none of them, Garon capitalized on his newfound visbility and made a name for himself. In recent days, he's taken it upon himself to organize an effort to gather all of Eorzea's bounty hunters under a single banner, a sort of bounty hunters' guild, so that they might benefit from the same sort of camaraderie and support network as the other organizations in the realm. He is also currently on contract for the Maelstrom hunting a Garlean spy operating out of the Shroud.

Strengths: Equipped with a set of powered armor and is highly skilled in tracking, pursuing, and--when necessary, eliminating targets.

Flaws: Slight hubris: being supremely confident in his skills and equipment, he can get into occasions where he banks too hard on his reputation to intimidate people

Appearance: As matches his in-game appearance

Voice (Optional):

<-- image theme and male vocal reference

Other Notes: Disguises himself as an unsuspecting gladiator adventurer to pass through the cities without drawing attention. His main arms as a bounty hunter are a pair of magitek energy pistols.

Character Name: James Reilly

Nickname: Ghost

Character Role: Minor character

Synopsis: A curious man who spends most of his time in the Drowning Wench. His accent is strange and he has no knowledge of anything before the Calamity. Strangest is the unusual-looking firearm that can sometimes be glimpsed on his person.

Personality: Possessed of a dry wit, James will snark about most anything that comes to his mind, regardless of who's on the receiving end or what authority or power they have. He's also an insufferable womanizer, willing to hit on anything with female assets with the exception of female roes, though this has abated lately given most of his attentions are focused on a green-haired Au Ra lady.

Background: As little concerned as much of Eorzea is with record-keeping, by all accounts, James Reilly simply did not exist prior to the events leading up to the Calamity. Stories told shortly after the Calamity speak of a man with a skull for a face who wielded arms that made the Garlean weapons look like toys, but those are hardly the strangest tales to be told by drunks. All that can be said for certain is that the man who calls himself James Reilly began to frequent the Drowning Wench close to a year after the Calamity, speaking in an accent similar to, yet still distinct from, the natives of Limsa Lominsa. When asked of his origins, he would only answer that his home was destroyed in the Calamity, and when asked of his occupation, he would reply with a smirk that he does freelance ambassadorial work for the Maelstrom, citing his skill at "reaching out and touching people." Where he goes and what he does when he is not in the Drowning Wench are difficult to determine, as he possesses an uncanny talent for disappearing in a crowd and making himself difficult to track. He is known to carry a pistol--albeit an unusual-looking one--and so presumably must practice his marksmanship somewhere. Recently he has been seen in the company of a highly-energetic Doman refugee with green hair who carries a sword bigger than she is. He disappeared for a time during the dravanian attempt to invade Ishgard, so it can be safely presumed he went to aid in the defense of the city.

Strengths: Extremely-high marksmanship talent, familiarity with a large number of firearms, calm and steady under pressure

Flaws: Flagrant womanizer, too quick to shoot off his mouth

Appearance: As in-game, with following exception: when in combat, he wears a balaclava with a skull on the face.

Other Notes: Ghost is a refugee from another world, a SeeD from Final Fantasy VIII who fell through a crack in time and space during Time Compression and wound up in Eorzea. He does not speak of this to anyone, and hides his weapons that he brought from his own time except in cases of extreme emergency.