LF Followers of Rhalgr: Share story/song & receive people post celebration

Working on a pilgrimage event... one of the shortest walks ever in Little Ala Mhigo to Rhalgr's stone.

Planning for it to be Sunday the 30th and there's a couple spots open for people who want to share a story or a song (or something else inspirational) about the Destroyer, change, etc.

Also very interested to have a couple people around afterwards to help people interact with "give blessings etc" after the stories.

Rhalgr, breaker of worlds and god of destruction, commands the element of lightning and is tied to the Fourth Umbral Moon (eighth month). He is depicted as a magi carrying a bronzen staff, and his symbol is the streaking meteor. Father of both Byregot and Halone, attendant to Nymeia, and guardian deity of the now fallen nation of Ala Mhigo.

Really open to ideas and interpretation so long as it's positive, insightful, or motivating.

Thanks!

Assuming I don't have work that day, Chiyo may be willing to help but she's sort of a new follower of Rhalgr.

I'll keep touch with you on it. Thanks!

Sign Brynhilde up for a story/some good wholesome 'Mhigan philosophy!

[align=center]Bring a rainproof poncho; it'll be sunny with a chance of flying entrails.[/align]

Yay! Dogberry mentioned you'd want to come, but having Lady Brynhilde speak!! :lol:

As I warned Jancis, Rhalgr is the closest Eorzea has to a God of Heavy Metal.

I intend to pursue this idea 8-)

Oi :dodgy: Please don't make it too corny, just knock the fourth wall. I don't want a song about Ala Mhigan coffee.

[align=center]follow_the_deadman_by_rocketgal-d58b6cu.jpg[/align]

Not to worry - the fourth wall will remain standing.

It always has - I just used it as an excuse to post that picture. :blush:

*sets up all the mouse traps as she waits for the Highlanders to come out of their holes*

We have footage of that... I loved this improv show. :love:

iAZcJ2gCpEo

Jana read about Rhalgr in a book once and decided he was the coolest god.

She probably can't contribute anything of worth, that doesn't mean she won't try...

Yay coolest. Just participating and being there is contributing.

Oi :dodgy: Please don't make it too corny, just knock the fourth wall. I don't want a song about Ala Mhigan coffee.

[align=center]dtd3vpmrnw52ccec72ml.jpg

[/align]

i wanna see a song about ala mhigan dark roast now..... :<

and you know clio's gonna be there, along with some long repressed feels luls

Hehehehe all the feels

I can help out.

:lol: :lol::lol: :lol:

Mistalv Arroway. 

Fist of Rhalgr.

I'm in.

Wonderful!

I will set up a PM and give you the basics I already have, we can brainstorm the rest together. And I'll touch base what time frame works best for everyone and try to match it up best as possible.

Thanks for all the feedback! I'm excited for this one! It's #11!

[align=center]follow_the_deadman_by_rocketgal-d58b6cu.jpg[/align]

[align=center]dtd3vpmrnw52ccec72ml.jpg

[/align]

i wanna see a song about ala mhigan dark roast now..... :<

and you know clio's gonna be there, along with some long repressed feels luls

-pulls over Jancis' fainting couch-

DO YOU FOLKS LIKE LITTLE ALA MHIGO?

THE NEW ALA MHIGO... BY THE STONE OF RHALGR?

OUR CELEBRATION WILL PAY HOMAGE

TO A MIGHTY GOD

COME OUT TO RHALGR'S STONE!

SING, PRAY, WE'RE DYING FOR YOUR WORDS

HIGHLANDERS APLENTY, CLAD IN LEATHER STRAPS,

COME AND HEAR OUR WORDS, SING, PRAY, WE WANT TO HAVE YOU THERE!

PREPARE FOR THE ULTIMATE CELEBRATION... WE WANNA SEE YOU! RAWR!

COME SHOUT... AND LET IT OUT... WAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

RHALGR'S STONE

RHALGR'S STONE

RHALGR'S STONE

BE THERE!

I'll have Berrod probably recite some prayers and mantras and -- harmlessly -- demonstrate punishment and self-flagellation rituals before the stone (as well of rites of intercession) -- AS WELL AS SHOW PEOPLE HOW TO MAKE THEIR OWN LITTLE SHRINE TO HIM (fun fact: it involves destruction!). 

He'll also preach a little about destruction if he gets the opportunity. Maybe he'll get little prayer scrolls printed for those who can read. YES GOOD EXCITEMENT.

Hehehehe all the feels

well she was a bit of a mama's girl and this is gonna make all that stuff come to the surface. >3

TO A MIGHTY GOD

RHALGR'S STONE

RHALGR'S STONE

RHALGR'S STONE

BE THERE!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSQ2QiJgs7VnfOJHr4WqfYHcaqrE4oMmpSf7WTyrX5mEDnBy_Q

i am pleased, thamk you! xD

wall%20crash.gif?1417445354

Hi someone mentioned Monk things and I'm here now.

Character-wise, Ada takes a lot of inspiration from actual monastic practices, and is therefore quite religious. Blessings and prayers and such would be right up her alley.

What time is this so I can help

I'll have Berrod probably recite some prayers and mantras and -- harmlessly -- demonstrate punishment and self-flagellation rituals before the stone (as well of rites of intercession) -- AS WELL AS SHOW PEOPLE HOW TO MAKE THEIR OWN LITTLE SHRINE TO HIM (fun fact: it involves destruction!). 

He'll also preach a little about destruction if he gets the opportunity. Maybe he'll get little prayer scrolls printed for those who can read. YES GOOD EXCITEMENT.

o_o

That would be enough for the whole event! Careful or Berry's going to get more of a following all on his own!

Hehehehe all the feels

well she was a bit of a mama's girl and this is gonna make all that stuff come to the surface. >3

TO A MIGHTY GOD

RHALGR'S STONE

RHALGR'S STONE

RHALGR'S STONE

BE THERE!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSQ2QiJgs7VnfOJHr4WqfYHcaqrE4oMmpSf7WTyrX5mEDnBy_Q

i am pleased, thamk you! xD

Wow that was so much awesome Nathan. So much awesome.

This might be just me, but I always took the whole destruction thing as a means of change, letting go of the past, and not giving into oppression. 

wall%20crash.gif?1417445354

Hi someone mentioned Monk things and I'm here now.

Character-wise, Ada takes a lot of inspiration from actual monastic practices, and is therefore quite religious. Blessings and prayers and such would be right up her alley.

What time is this so I can help

Fantastic! It's a really versatile role to play at taking questions and listening to others so it's great to have a volunteer. :D Plus with a gif like that who could ever refuse!

Ok so... here is the one time offer. Erik, Nathen, Berrod, and any other highlander guy game, long wild hair, felt chaps dyed black, and no shirts. Going metal on the place.....

2G5rfPISIwo

UJkFoVV.gif

.....y-yus pls......

We're there, dude.

... oi

Don't make this as big of a charade as Thaliak ended up being. People will show up for all the wrong reasons and try to buy you fine men! :dazed:

I'll throw my floppy hat in with the others. I shall see you all there! For Rhalgr! For Ala Mhigo! And the Glory of it's Metal!

Jana will tell a story about destruction! Whether or not it's religious is entirely up in the air at this point.

At this point we have Cliodhna, Ciel, Nathan, Byrnhilde, Berrod, and Jana speaking. That's more than enough. The stories will have to stay at max ten minutes now, too. I don't think we'll be walking to this one, just  meet up at the stone and that'll save time.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! This is going to be fun!