Minion battles

It's real- http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/257609-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXIV-Update-Thread?p=3263941&viewfull=1#post3263941

I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was!

*cough*

So, while I know some people are going to be big on calling it a hackjob or saying FF copied wow with 'pet battles' I must ask who is actually interested in this? Personally, I enjoyed Pet battles when I played wow. I am looking forward to Minion battles and in fact I expect a LS to pop up called 'The Goldsaucer Four'

I was so sad when they revealed the minion battles on the live journal as an April fools joke.

But, it isn't april fools?

The live letter that recently came out has minion battles in it, located at the Gold Saucer.

I was so sad when they revealed the minion battles on the live journal as an April fools joke.

The live letter that recently came out has minion battles in it, located at the Gold Saucer.

Yes, but it was first announced as an april fools joke, similar to the Vianga race.

Yes, but it was first announced as an april fools joke, similar to the Vianga race.

Yeah, I know it was an April Fool's joke but I was wondering why this far in the year someone would think it still was if it was just bought up in the live letter.

Meh. If I had been able to choose the new Gold Saucer attraction, I would've much preferred it to be the ferris wheel (that you can already see at the top of the Gold Saucer miniature at the top of the main counter), or the beloved Ghost Hotel from FFVII.

Or racing with other mounts. Stupid birds have all the glory.

Meh. If I had been able to choose the new Gold Saucer attraction, I would've much preferred it to be the ferris wheel (that you can already see at the top of the Gold Saucer miniature at the top of the main counter), or the beloved Ghost Hotel from FFVII.

Or racing with other mounts. Stupid birds have all the glory.

Ghost Hotel from FFVII would be amazing!!

It looks like it'll be a lot of fun, especially if there's MGP, minions, titles and achievements to be earned. I was hoping for Blitzball, admittedly, but I suspect that'll be something added at a much later date.