An Honest Apology

I think this needed to be done, but I wasn't sure how to apologize to the people that I may have upset a few nights ago in Ul'dah. Hopefully this will be read enough by the Role Playing community of Balmung to hear my apology.

Since early 1.0, I have over the years become close friends with many RPs and have used their presence on our server as a talking point for why Balmung always has been and is a special server that sets up apart from all the rest. They group together and hold public events and functions that otherwise would never exist in the game. It offers a deeper and closer connection for the player and their character which is applied to other players and their characters. Overall they have been and are a benefit to Balmung.

A few nights ago, I entered the Adventure's Guild with a friend of mine and we both tried to RP unsuccessfully. I did not enter the AVs with the intent to cause the controversial ERP that it ended up being. To be honest, I had had a few drinks before, which is not an excuse whatsoever, and the both of us were trying to be funnier and one-up each other's comments. That's where it became crude, outrageous, and something that needs to be apologized for. While I did get people saying it was hilarious at the time, it shouldn't have been a reason to continue.

I am sorry to anyone, especially the RPs, that may have seen it as an insensitive attack or belittlement to RP as a whole. It will never happen again, and if there was some way I could make it up to anyone, I would and I hope this is enough. The RP community on Balmung should never be a targeted group to laugh at or mock, and that honestly was not my intent, but it can be fairly seen as such.

Sounds like just another night at the Quicksand. :)

Just this. 

But nice of you to apologise, even if it is just owning up to yourself. Everyone does stuff, that's life.

*hugs*

[[takes out the mod things]]

As with previous threads of similar manner, I'm going to lock the thread. Those who've seen your apology have now seen it. As it likely lacks context for many members, I do not think there would be much to discuss.

In general, these sorts of things should be handled in private. The affected parties can trade PMs and discuss. There's not much, if anything, to be gained by bringing it out in the open.

General Game Community ≠ Tumblr ≠ the RPC

[[puts away the mod things]]