Fallout 4 is almost upon us!

Hopefully I'm not the only one here who is ridiculously excited for this game. I've literally been waiting years for it - and from what I've seen so far I'm confident that I'll enjoy it quite a lot given that I thoroughly loved Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. If Fallout 4 improves on what both games brought to the table - which seems likely - then I'll be a very happy man.

It's also coming out the exact same day as 3.1 which makes me rather spoilt for choice. I suppose I'll just alternate between both games when I'm able to.

So! Has anyone else pre-ordered the game/planning on purchasing it?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll play it around Christmas. 

Games anymore release full of bugs, and it's better to give them a few weeks to sort out the post-launch stuff and get some patches out there. It also provides time for someone to have bought it and gotten bored of it already, so I can get a copy used from Gamestop and save a couple bucks, as well as getting a 7-day return policy just in case I don't like it (whereas buying brand new, there's no returns).

It's just plain prudent not to preorder or buy on launch day.

Pre-ordered the pipboy edition. No regrets.

But there are still several factors for me. It is still a toss up for whether me or my brother plays it first since we split the cost. If he wins the coin toss then I might be watching him play/GIVINGMYLIFEFORAIUR while I wait for what I assume would be a large patch for 3.1 being downloaded by my piss poor net.

Excited for it, totally! But not going to purchase it on launch day. I need to finish up 3.0 and then complete 3.1 first, then maybe move to that after the modding community gets in full swing.

I may need to change this previous statement of mine, not sure I can hold off!

I actually found one of those leaks, but I couldn't bring myself to watch it when it was done downloading.

I need the full experience.

ALSO IT'S TECHNICALLY 6 DAYS.

I've managed to restrain myself as well. I don't want the magic moment where my character steps out into the game world for the first time to be ruined. I just hope my copy arrives on time so I'm not waiting around until the late afternoon for it to be delivered on release day.