FFXIV Lore/RP Podcast

The best way  can describe it would be an episodic podcast/twitch stream/ or something that would focus on one facet of the lore and how the presenters interpret that. So there might be an episode of each of the races ('cause we have sooo much lore about them~) or it might be about Aether.

Then there might be different sections within the episode. So the structure would go something like...

-Intro

-What have the presenters been up to OOC/IC'ly?

-News

-Topic discussion

-Intermission

-Upcoming in-game events

-Thank you and goodbye

The best example I can think of is the LFRP podcast. But as I said, that is wow centric.

There's the Lore Train's Aetheryte Radio. But they only talk about lore sometimes. Most of their shows are about whats been happening to them in the FFXIV world. Still, its a good show, even if its not exactly what you're looking for.

I don't really know of anyone doing an XIV lore podcast, though that'd definitely be fun, and something I'd be interested in participating in.

I think Reiner was s working on something like this recently, though I don't know where he is at with preparation/implementation. Summoning him like Cthulhu to see if he has answers.

There's the Lore Train's  Aetheryte Radio. But they only talk about lore sometimes. Most of their shows are about whats been happening to them in the FFXIV world. Still, its a good show, even if its not exactly what you're looking for.

I don't really know of anyone doing an XIV lore podcast, though that'd definitely be fun, and something I'd be interested in participating in.

Thanks both! I will keep an eye out for any responses from that person, but if the project has been abandoned then I definitely wouldn't mind taking it up. Though of course, I would need some help on the matter. ^^

I think Reiner was s working on something like this recently, though I don't know where he is at with preparation/implementation. Summoning him like Cthulhu to see if he has answers.

There's the Lore Train's  Aetheryte Radio. But they only talk about lore sometimes. Most of their shows are about whats been happening to them in the FFXIV world. Still, its a good show, even if its not exactly what you're looking for.

Thanks both! I will keep an eye out for any responses from that person, but if the project has been abandoned then I definitely wouldn't mind taking it up. Though of course, I would need some help on the matter. ^^

I'm trying to get a hold of him now, see where he is and maybe we can get a small group together to get this off the ground more proper, I know he has the tools for it so really it's just putting content together and structuring what each episode would be like and so forth.

I'm trying to get a hold of him now, see where he is and maybe we can get a small group together to get this off the ground more proper, I know he has the tools for it so really it's just putting content together and structuring what each episode would be like and so forth.

If anything comes of it, please let me know ^^

• 10 months later...

I know this is quite some time after the fact however I've recently ran across MuseCast XIV which is a exclusively a lore/RP based podcast.  It is very well put together and entertaining, I highly recommend it.

• 1 month later...

I know this is quite some time after the fact however I've recently ran across MuseCast XIV which is a exclusively a lore/RP based podcast.  It is very well put together and entertaining, I highly recommend it.

Currently listening to this, thanks to this thread. Agreed that it's pretty entertaining, although there hasn't been very many episodes yet.

I'm currently on episode two, and I don't know if it improves, but there's a lot of dead air on occasion, which implies that the hosts don't really have a script, and often just fall silent when they run out of things to say. It's one of those things which can absolutely be corrected with practice, so I don't begrudge them that.

Anyway, what prompted me to comment here is something from their first episode; namely the idea of the "muse" and "mun". Is this something that's widespread in the FF14 RP community? I admit I've never heard of this, but it does make sense in that there has to be some way of signifying the separation between character and player, and "muse"/"mun" is as good a method as any I've seen elsewhere.

Currently listening to this, thanks to this thread. Agreed that it's pretty entertaining, although there hasn't been very many episodes yet.

I'm currently on episode two, and I don't know if it improves, but there's a lot of dead air on occasion, which implies that the hosts don't really have a script, and often just fall silent when they run out of things to say. It's one of those things which can absolutely be corrected with practice, so I don't begrudge them that.

Anyway, what prompted me to comment here is something from their first episode; namely the idea of the "muse" and "mun". Is this something that's widespread in the FF14 RP community? I admit I've never heard of this, but it does make sense in that there has to be some way of signifying the separation between character and player, and "muse"/"mun" is as good a method as any I've seen elsewhere.

I have only seen "muse" and "mun" used on Tumblr, which I know the hosts both use so that is probably where that came from. They do explain it in one episode but I cannot for the life of me remember which one.

To summarise; "muse" comes from the Greek muses. They were nine Goddesses of inspiration for literature, arts, sciences etc. The train of thought being that we get inspiration from our characters; they become our muse. "Mun" on the other hand, means mundane. Which as players who live in the real world, we kinda are.

In truth, I think most RPers find muse and mun dumb. It is just a Tumblr thing mostly, so don't worry too much about it. Muse and mun is in my eyes often used by people who cross the line with IC and OOC a bit too much. My roleplay characters is far from my inspiration, a tool, not a person. She's just my roleplay character. I'd also not degrade myself or others to be 'mundane', because real people are not boring :^)

But each to their own. Most people don't use it in game though, I've only strictly seen it used on Tumblr.