MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone tried Glossier products? I loooove the stuff I've tried, particularly the Priming Moisturizer. I'm going to try Boy Brow next. I'm not into super lined, ultra manicured brows for myself so that seems perfect for me.

I haven't, but I've been hearing good things about it. I ended up picking up Benefit's Gimmie Brow on the advice of the nice lady at Ulta, and I really like it but I need to go get my brows done again.

Also, if you're looking for a good Eye Primer, I picked up the Wet n' Wild eye primer at CVS the other day, and it's freaking amazing. It doesn't crease on me at all, and every other primer had me creasing within a few hours. Plus, it's less than $5. :D

Also, if you're looking for a good Eye Primer, I picked up the Wet n' Wild eye primer at CVS the other day, and it's freaking amazing.  It doesn't crease on me at all, and every other primer had me creasing within a few hours.  Plus, it's less than $5.  :D

wattt.

I have gone thought several UD ones and now using the too faced primer but I'm about to run out of it as well. Maybe I will pick up this one!

Anyone tried Glossier products? I loooove the stuff I've tried, particularly the Priming Moisturizer. I'm going to try Boy Brow next. I'm not into super lined, ultra manicured brows for myself so that seems perfect for me.

I haven't, but I've been hearing good things about it.  I ended up picking up Benefit's Gimmie Brow on the advice of the nice lady at Ulta, and I really like it but I need to go get my brows done again.

Eva has mentioned  this in the thread before, and recently I have been stealing hers recently to shaped my brows with...recommend!! 

And also gimmie brow is nice! but they dont have a dark enough color for darkbrow-black hair :c 

auxvngc.jpg

ipsy always sends me emails featuring them..do you like the moisturizer? I am interested in all priming products..

Yeah, I really love it though it's not a traditional primer. It doesn't use silicone to get that "slippy" feel. It's just somehow really magically moisturizing? It's very dewy, too, so if you're not into that you may no like it.

Also, Sephora is FINALLY carrying RMS Beauty so I can start reaping rewards for shelling out dat cash. Although it seems they don't have the full lineup yet so I'm still going to have to get the finishing powder from their original website. Boooo.

Recently discovered Kat Von D products and they're really great for me. The Lock-It foundations match me really well and cover VERY well (have a super pigmented "smell" to them though), and her studded lipstick in Lolita is amazing. Nice matte finish and it's a great color that can be worn basically anytime of day.

Been super pleased with the quality of these products so far.

Recently discovered Kat Von D products and they're really great for me. The Lock-It foundations match me really well and cover VERY well (have a super pigmented "smell" to them though), and her studded lipstick in Lolita is amazing. Nice matte finish and it's a great color that can be worn basically anytime of day.

You should try the liquid lipstick if you like her products!! They have a shade in lolita as well (though I do like lolita II in the liquid lipstick formula).

I loooooooooooove the Tattoo Eyeliner. It goes on so well that I was an immediate convert from Stila. lol

So..my waifu went to England recently for a family weeding and for reasons, I couldn't make the trip with her :(. BUT, she came back with some sweets (I mean, makeup, which is my kind of candy really) :lol: . A couple of these are available in the states, but it's way more pricy and one would have to resolve to online shipping and pay for it :c I was extremely excited to get a hold of these. Especially the illamasqua products - Sephora carried the brand at one point but they have been gone for a couple years now, I miss it so much and it's been harder to get a hold of the products. 

Two face products from Surratt:

I have never tried Surratt thought they have started carrying it in Sephora recently, the blush/bronzer powders are pricer in the states, but the eyeshadow are about the same price so I asked for the two face products. I love these two so much that now I want to try the eyeshadows as well and a swatch session will happen soon....idk if anyone here has tried it, if you have let me know what you think of the eyeshadows and their other products!! 

ARTISTIQUE BLUSH IN 8 PARFAIT

Great everyday cheek color, a light coral with some sheen. The powder is quite soft and creamy! I have been using it as blush every day(well, on the days that I do put on makeup) and I love it. 

8BpouOD.png

Artistique blush in 10 Grisaille

Also a everyday color for conturing. Though you would have to be at least fair-medium skin toned for it to show up as it is quite light itself. Same powder quality, soft and creamy. I have also been using it as eyeshadow (as how I use almost all my conturing powders sometimes) and it lasts a surprising long time on the eyelids.

IVa37om.png

Illasmasqua prodcuts:

Loose Powder in 010 Translucent Powder 

I remember how much i liked it when it was still sold in sephora. After they pulled out of sephora and US, I resolved to this NARS loose setting powdder. However it is slightly more expensive, with about 1/3 less product inside the packaging (the nars one is 10gramsand the Illamasqua one is 15g), yet i still like the Illamasqua powder better as it holds everything together just longer and appears more natural instead of making the makeup look too cakey. 

A9idFan.png

2. Sealing Gel

I got complains that this is the tiniest bottle ever, yet it costs £8 - but this things lasts FOREVER, you only need the smallest amount. There's many uses for this, but what I use it is when I do a heavy eyeliner, especially if I do a wing, then I just apply it as a thin layer on top of the eyeliner, with a angled brush - then the wing becomes BULLET PROOF. I also dab it on the brush if I am doing a dramatic color on my lids - it works similar to MAC Fix Plus, but just even more hardcore. 

79N0cWS.png

If you are in Europe you can probably get a hold of Illamasqua easily, but for me it was rather exciting since I live in the states. It reminds me of multiple asian beauty products that I really love/want to try, but they are hard to get a hold of in the states as well. Sephora has been bringing more korean beauty brands in recently but there's still a lot that are missing! :/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to have to try that sealing gel. With all this PoGo walking I'm doing in humidity, I need something to make sure my eyeliner stays sharp and intimidating. lol

it is sort of a pain to use if you're like rushing out the door, but on the days I do have time it's quite worthwhile. ;) Let me know what you think if you do get it! 

And yes...sharp and intimidating eyeliner is the key :bouncy:

I've been having a problem with finding foundation and base make-ups for very fair skin! I'm lighter then ivory and a number of places I've looked into don't carry much lighter then that. Anyone have any tips or suggestions where I could look?

I believe TooFaced and Urban Decay both have foundations that are very pale.

I've been having a problem with finding foundation and base make-ups for very fair skin! I'm lighter then ivory and a number of places I've looked into don't carry much lighter then that. Anyone have any tips or suggestions where I could look?

Loreal true match? w1 porcelain and C1 Alabaster both look very light to me!

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/products/makeup/face/foundation-makeup/true-match-super-blendable-makeup.aspx?cid=cpc|googleSearchBrand|Search%20-%20Brand%20Makeup|Brand%20-%20True%20Match%20Make%20Up|kw:%20%2Bloreal%20%2Btrue%20match&gclid=CjwKEAjwrIa9BRD5_dvqqazMrFESJACdv27GeeI4N4ddHfLq7TQC_E-fXtrNwgc3WgqhwAfLoNl65BoCKvTw_wcB