MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried liquid liner today.

Nope.

I'm bad at this. ._.

Did you use a brush & well liner? Or felt tip? I gave up on liquid liner until I discovered the Sephora felt tip eyeliner. Now I wear it pretty much daily. Dem wingtips, man.

Felt tip. I think that my hands shake a bit too much.

Aaahhh, yeah that makes sense. I heard that if you can at least brace your elbow on something, like the sink or counter, it can really help steady your hand. Works for some people, I guess!

Nope.

I'm bad at this. ._.

Did you use a brush & well liner? Or felt tip? I gave up on liquid liner until I discovered the Sephora felt tip eyeliner. Now I wear it pretty much daily. Dem wingtips, man.

Try a shot of whiskey in the morning, really calms down the shakes.

Nope.

I'm bad at this. ._.

Try a shot of whiskey in the morning, really calms down the shakes.

yeahhhhh beef's the expert

Aaahhh, yeah that makes sense. I heard that if you can at least brace your elbow on something, like the sink or counter, it can really help steady your hand. Works for some people, I guess!

I use liquid liner with a felt tip (tried a brush before and made waaaay too much of a mess with it). Bracing your elbow does help if you can lean forward and rest it against something like your thigh or the counter!

I use liquid liner with a felt tip (tried a brush before and made waaaay too much of a mess with it). Bracing your elbow does help if you can lean forward and rest it against something like your thigh or the counter!

also for this it's really just practice makes perfect...i have poked myself in the eye many times when I started playing with makeup, trust me :P it was a progression to move from pencil -> felt tip -> brush tip

Nope.

I'm bad at this. ._.

LOL which one did you use?

Um...I forget.  It was in my Boxycharm last month or the month before.

It's going to suck the first few times you try. That's just the way it is. It's all about practice!

Liquid eyeliner is amazing, but definitely something you have to get use. I still can't apply eyeliner well with a brush... and that's with makeup school under my belt. ; w ;

I find that felt tip eyeliners give more control, even with shaky hands. And as others said, bracing your elbow helps too!

Liquid eyeliner is amazing, but definitely something you have to get use. I still can't apply eyeliner well with a brush... and that's with makeup school under my belt. ; w ;

I find that felt tip eyeliners give more control, even with shaky hands. And as others said, bracing your elbow helps too!

Unfortunately I don't really have a counter to brace my elbow on. Maybe when I get my room fixed so I can have a vanity in here.

Unfortunately I don't really have a counter to brace my elbow on.  Maybe when I get my room fixed so I can have a vanity in here.

lol my makeup desk is my computer desk. It's a constant battle of space between mouse and keyboards and all the tiny cute.

But yes I can never do eyeliner standing up either!!

Unfortunately I don't really have a counter to brace my elbow on. Maybe when I get my room fixed so I can have a vanity in here.

A wall or door may be able to help, if you have a mirror on said wall/door. :3

My Tartelette Tease is here from Sephora.

Soooooooo cute.

Ex-Girlfriend lipstick by Gwen Stefani is more sheer than I was expecting.

Does it still look and apply well? :o

The tease or the lipstick? The lipstick still looks great. It's def what Tati was wearing. I think I might wear it with some gloss, tho. But it's pretty.

I have only swatched the Tease.

My Tartelette Tease is here from Sephora.

Soooooooo cute.

Ex-Girlfriend lipstick by Gwen Stefani is more sheer than I was expecting.

Does it still look and apply well? :o

The tease or the lipstick? The lipstick still looks great. It's def what Tati was wearing. I think I might wear it with some gloss, tho. But it's pretty.

I have only swatched the Tease.

Oops! I meant the lipstick, lol.

Now I'm curious about how the Tease will apply. Each time I swatch Tart shadows they feel awfully chalky, like they wont apply well/pigmented. Then again, I really enjoy really pigmented shadows. >w<;

Now I'm curious about how the Tease will apply. Each time I swatch Tart shadows they feel awfully chalky, like they wont apply well/pigmented. Then again, I really enjoy really pigmented shadows. >w<;

Oooh no. I have the Tartelette 2 In Bloom and the mattes are REALLY pigmented. The only one I have trouble with is the shimmer in the bottom left corner, and it actually is really pretty, you just have to play with it.

I did have that issue a bit with the Energy Noire palette, and with a few of the shadows from their Christmas limited edition set, but most of them are really good.

Oooh no. I have the Tartelette 2 In Bloom and the mattes are REALLY pigmented. The only one I have trouble with is the shimmer in the bottom left corner, and it actually is really pretty, you just have to play with it.

I did have that issue a bit with the Energy Noire palette, and with a few of the shadows from their Christmas limited edition set, but most of them are really good.

Good to know! I'll have to swatch it next time I'm in Sephora. :D

Lame about the Noire palette and Christmas colors tho. I hope you find someway to work with them.

I mentioned a couple posts back about wanting to try out the shadow palettes from Melt, and that I couldn't decide which I wanted. Well... I bought them all(along with a lipstick) as an early birthday gift. They should get here tomorrow. >D

Good to know! I'll have to swatch it next time I'm in Sephora. :D

Lame about the Noire palette and Christmas colors tho. I hope you find someway to work with them.

I mentioned a couple posts back about wanting to try out the shadow palettes from Melt, and that I couldn't decide which I wanted. Well... I bought them all(along with a lipstick) as an early birthday gift. They should get here tomorrow. >D

I had the same "this feels hard and chalky" experience when I swatched at Sephora/Ulta. I think sometimes the palettes are really old and dried out. >.>

So not makeup, but something related I am familiar with.

For eyebrows, does everyone here use tweezers? These days I use eyebrow razors and I feel like they're a lot faster/less painful. 

bnJYrvW.jpg

I highly recommend them! Though Sukaaretto makes fun of me when I use them.

For eyebrows, does everyone here use tweezers? These days I use eyebrow razors and I feel like they're a lot faster/less painful. 

bnJYrvW.jpg

I've used these! I really liked them - I don't know why I still use tweezers. Probably because I never think to go buy razors. I'm too set in my ways, even though my ways are bad.

bnJYrvW.jpg

I've used these! I really liked them - I don't know why I still use tweezers. Probably because I never think to go buy razors. I'm too set in my ways, even though my ways are bad.

LOL. ok, i might borrow them then to see what the fuzz is about