MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :)

So---here's my question, wondering if anyone has tried Kat Von D liquid lipsticks...I recently got Lolita and I love love love it, although it's a bit too dark to use during the day especially for a work day (I am fair skin toned), but it's smooth, not too drying and stays on forever. I was looking at the other colors too now cause I like it so much lol has anyone tried it? Or liquid lipsticks in general cause this is my first one....xD

If you think Lolita is too dark for the day, you may want to try out Lolita II which is a brighter version. I know at one point it was being sold as a sample size duo at Sephora, but the full product can also be bought. If you don't want to buy Lolita II, you can take Lolita and combined it with lighter lipsticks to lighten it up.

I've only tried three liquid lipsticks so far; one from Kat Von D(Lolita) and the other from Anastasia Beverly Hills(American Doll), and the third from Gerard Cosmetics(MannyMUA's Serenity).

I like the KVD one, except I have to apply it twice because of streaks. I'm not sure if the formula was the older one which might have been the issue, or if it was because darker colors are more prone to doing that. I'd buy it again to see.

I absolutely love ABH's liquid lipstick. It applied evenly, highly pigmented, and stayed on all day even when I had food and drinks. Because its durable you'll want to remove it with makeup remover or that isn't gunna come off... I speak from experience.

GC's was... eh. I like the color, but it pooled in my lip's lines, which is a big hella no for me.

I've heard that Jeffree Star's lquid lipstick is good along with OFRA, which is a brand that KathleenLights has collaborated with.

(/ o u o)/ Yay makeup!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So---here's my question, wondering if anyone has tried Kat Von D liquid lipsticks...I recently got Lolita and I love love love it, although it's a bit too dark to use during the day especially for a work day (I am fair skin toned), but it's smooth, not too drying and stays on forever. I was looking at the other colors too now cause I like it so much lol has anyone tried it? Or liquid lipsticks in general cause this is my first one....xD

If you think Lolita is too dark for the day, you may want to try out Lolita II which is a brighter version. I know at one point it was being sold as a sample size duo at Sephora, but the full product can also be bought. If you don't want to buy Lolita II, you can take Lolita and combined it with lighter lipsticks to lighten it up.

I've only tried three liquid lipsticks so far; one from Kat Von D(Lolita) and the other from Anastasia Beverly Hills(American Doll), and the third from Gerard Cosmetics(MannyMUA's Serenity).

I like the KVD one, except I have to apply it twice because of streaks. I'm not sure if the formula was the older one which might have been the issue, or if it was because darker colors are more prone to doing that. I'd buy it again to see.

I absolutely love ABH's liquid lipstick. It applied evenly, highly pigmented, and stayed on all day even when I had food and drinks. Because its durable you'll want to remove it with makeup remover or that isn't gunna come off... I speak from experience.

GC's was... eh. I like the color, but it pooled in my lip's lines, which is a big hella no for me.

I've heard that Jeffree Star's lquid lipstick is good along with OFRA, which is a brand that KathleenLights has collaborated with.

(/ o u o)/ Yay makeup!

So I actually grabbed another shade Double Dare when I went to sephora - they didn't have lolita II at the time, I did swatch the tester though - and I AM going back to get it some time!!! Double Dare is actually quite similar to Lolita II, just a bit warmer and orange-y. But either way thank you for the recommendation! ^.^ I'm pretty sure im gonna get more colors - as liquid lipsticks they're surprisingly not that drying - i wear it for a work day and it doesn't wear off near the end of the day either!

So many people rave about ABH's liquid lipsticks too - and I follow their Instagram, I swear almost everyday they have pictures up featuring different shades. I especially love the bold ones! Need to check them out more...

...Wow, I was JUST thinking about this thread.

Funny you should mention Kat Von D... I haven't tried her liquid lipsticks yet, but I just bought and have fallen in love with one of her new Studded lip shades, Piaf. (Wearing it right now, it's this really nice rich brown with sparkly purple undertones, LOVE!) I also bought Magick and Motorhead but I haven't worn either of them very much as of yet.

I don't have a lot of experience with liquid lipsticks in general, though the one that comes to mind that I really like is the Sonia Kashuk liquid lipsticks. I also just bought a tube from Nyx, but I haven't tried it yet.

:lol: you should try the KVD liquid lipsticks!!! I also have a couple sephora ones, given that they're more affordable and got a big color selection - but they're more drying than the kat von D ones so I wouldn't really recommend them :c

On the other hand The Studded lip shades have such cute packaging..but then again that's probably not the best reason to buy more lipsticks -- "but they just look so cute!"

I haven't, though KathleenLights apparently loves them.

Tati has been wearing one of the UD Gwen Stefani lipsticks, but I'm not sure which one. I need to investigate, because I love the color!

:bouncy:try them try them!! And did you ever find out the UD Gwen Stephani shades Tati wears - I am very curious. I have been following reviews on that collection and they do look cute, but sure about the eyeshadows but both lip liners and lipsticks look like they've done a great job picking the colors

:bouncy:try them try them!! And did you ever find out the UD Gwen Stephani shades Tati wears - I am very curious. I have been following reviews on that collection and they do look cute, but sure about the eyeshadows but both lip liners and lipsticks look like they've done a great job picking the colors

99% sure that the shade I like is ex-girlfriend, which I just bought off Sephora. >.>

Edit: Ulta and Sephora have completely different lines for the Gwen Stefani collection. The ex-girlfriend shade is only available at Sephora. None of the Ulta shades remotely resembled what I saw Tati wearing. So here's hoping I'm correct.

Speaking of lip products, has anyone tried Too Faced's Melted Liquified Lipsticks?

I wasn't sure how I was going to like them, but after seeing some reviews Youtube I caved and bought one in the color Fig a couple months ago. I gotta say, I like the one I have(its easy to apply and feels soooo smooth) and am definitely going to try some more colors. @ A @ ♥

What are peeps opinion on the Gwen Stefani line? :o

Speaking of lip products, has anyone tried Too Faced's Melted Liquified Lipsticks?

I wasn't sure how I was going to like them, but after seeing some reviews Youtube I caved and bought one in the color Fig a couple months ago. I gotta say, I like the one I have(its easy to apply and feels soooo smooth) and am definitely going to try some more colors. @ A @ ♥

I got the Melted Kisses giftset. I do not like the Melted Metallic lippies. I feel like they go on blotchy and bring out every line in my lips.

But I love the Melted Liquified Lipsticks otherwise. My favorite right now is Chihuahua.

Yes, I have Poeny for Too Faced's Melted Liquified Lipstick!!! I got it a while ago in a sephora kit I believe...but I never used it too much. I love the color, but the texture feels thick and sticky :c Maybe I should dig it out and try it again some time..

I am trash and I wear whatever's cheapest.

Here's my fav lipstick, though.

532457_10150975159238697_441060111_n.jpg?oh=43648c79dd9059a740473d9d2add9540&oe=57234A93

30233_410454068696_1651194_n.jpg?oh=34aecc419a94fc140210225f7c8c1e1d&oe=57298681

I don't know what brand or color it is, so I have decided it is "Hooker Red."

H-hey, I like cheap drugstore makeup too lol maybe some day we can have a biggest bang for the buck discussion xD

Hooker red does look good on you tho:love:

I've got three, actually! One from each line. Berry, Metallic Debutante, and Metallic Frozen Hot Chocolate. I kind of agree that the original, non-metallics are the nicest quality of the three, they stay the longest and are the easiest to apply. Berry was my ballroom color for a long time, actually. Debutante is a FANTASTIC color, it has a nice frosty look, but it just... doesn't wanna stay on. Same goes for hot chocolate, the metallics just aren't very long lasting on their own, but I've found they work better if you wear 'em over a nice nude lip.

TLDR, Original Melted and non-metallic Melted Chocolates are magic, Melted Metallics are slightly less magic, but still pretty if you can keep them on.

99% sure that the shade I like is ex-girlfriend, which I just bought off Sephora.  >.>

Edit: Ulta and Sephora have completely different lines for the Gwen Stefani collection.  The ex-girlfriend shade is only available at Sephora.  None of the Ulta shades remotely resembled what I saw Tati wearing.  So here's hoping I'm correct.

ex girlfriend is an interesting name lol. from the screen shoot it looks like it's nude rose tone color.  I haven't seen the Ulta shades yet, just the sephora ones - need to investigate!

@LiadansWhisper Ugh, that's no good. Thanks for the heads up! ; w ;

@Sukaaretto Ueno Aw man, I can definitely see where it would feel that way. Something that might help with that: after applying the lipstick, take a tissue and gently press it against your lips. Do not rub! Just remove the tissue from your lips and it should help remove some of that thick and sticking feeling while keeping most of the color in tact. I do that often for most of my lip products, including lip glosses. :3

@LiadansWhisper Ugh, that's no good. Thanks for the heads up! ; w ;

@Sukaaretto Ueno Aw man, I can definitely see where it would feel that way. Something that might help with that: after applying the lipstick, take a tissue and gently press it against your  lips. Do not rub! Just remove the tissue from your lips and it should help remove some of that thick and sticking feeling while keeping most of the color in tact. I do that often for most of my lip products, including lip glosses. :3

Even better: Press the tissue evenly to your lips and gently apply finishing powder over it before removing the tissue.

My favorite lip color of the moment is Illamasqua's Posture. I'm really, really into colors that are muted by gray tones right now. I dunno, I like looking washed out and dead? lmao My personal makeup style is kind of grunge-zombie-chic. I'm weird.

Nako doesn't wear much makeup aside from traditional Keeper face paint. Depending on the season, or certain religious ceremonies, she'll wear different colors or designs.

I used to work at Sephora, and while I don't wear makeup regularly anymore, I can still paint my face with the best of them.

Urban Decay and Kat von D are my favorite lines.

I'm allergic to mineral foundation (yay) but the Urban Decay Naked liquid foundation is amazing for every day wear, and Kat von D is good for days when I'm super pale (hello winter) or my skin is acting up because it covers up -everything-

Urban's eyeshadow primers are a must-have for anybody that wears eyeshadow, regardless of whether you wear anything else.

And I cannot use any other black eyeliner than Kat von D's tattoo liner. It's a liquid liner in a pen with a brush tip that goes on smoothly, dries quickly, doesn't budge, and has the slightest bit of a glossy finish.

As for lipcolor, I'm a lipstain/tar kinda gal, and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetic's makes excellent liptars that don't move until you want them to.

Urban's eyeshadow primers are a must-have for anybody that wears eyeshadow' date=' regardless of whether you wear anything else.[/quote']

Unfortunately, they do jack all for me. My shadows still crease up horribly when I use the Urban Decay primers. I've tried using more, using less, blotting, setting them, etc. Nothing fixes it. The only one I've found that holds for an extended amount of time is the Smashbox 24-hour photo finish shadow primer, and that even only holds for about 6-8 hours before creasing.

I don't have greasy eyelids, either!

@Nako Vesh Thats hella nice. Bare is also really pretty! I always love mauve and nude colored lip products. ♥

I'm currently debating on trying out Melt's eyeshadow stacks, which just so happen to be 30% off. I've heard looooads of good things about them. Plus every Instagram photo I see using them look amazing. Dark Matter and Love Sick... I need you. ; w ;'''

not posting a pic of my ugly mug, but I swear by Kat von D eyeliner. It stays on at work for my crazy long shifts, and then some for when I go get plastered with coworkers when our restaurant closes at night. Same with my liquid to matte lipstick. Its a gift from god, and with how  much I lick my lips/drink having something that stays on so well is fantastic. I wear a lot of really dark colours, my skin is hella pale, and I have jet black hair and blue eyes, so I use blues, purples, plums, etc. :bomb:

as a side note, I dont do any of that full face foundation/contouring bullshit. I have this one girl I work with who does and after an hour of work it looks like her face is melting off from the heat of the kitchen plus all the running around we do. nothx.

Does anyone else use those $1 masks you find at walmart on the endcaps? They have like Green Tea Peel, and Coconut, etc?

*raises hand*

....I have an oily T-zone.

I feel your pain.

We can form a oily t-zone SQUAD

Sheet masks do help though. I love the asian ones (although they're hard to get a hold of depend on where you're at - if not you're in asia, that is). Urban Outfitters have the Tony Moly masks in store recently and I went a bit crazy and bought like 10 of them. Strongly recommend! :thumbsup:

not posting a pic of my ugly mug, but I swear by Kat von D eyeliner. It stays on at work for my crazy long shifts, and then some for when I go get plastered with coworkers when our restaurant closes at night. Same with my liquid to matte lipstick. Its a gift from god, and with how  much I lick my lips/drink having something that stays on so well is fantastic. I wear a lot of really dark colours, my skin is hella pale, and I have jet black hair and blue eyes, so I use blues, purples, plums, etc. :bomb:

as a side note, I dont do any of that full face foundation/contouring bullshit. I have this one girl I work with who does and after an hour of work it looks like her face is melting off from the heat of the kitchen plus all the running around we do. nothx.

That liner and the Stila Stay All Day are two queens - they share the crown in Suka's makeup world.