MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :)

HEADSHOT RAWR!

ffxiv_01192016_163641.png

This is Cass.  I am trying to level her up in order to get her to wear pretty things.  T_T  But yea, that's what I'm working with.  I really like her complexion and her hair feels both styled and workman-like...so if I were to dress her or apply makeup to her, it'd probably stay in that same sort of region.  A sort of "resolute finery" sort of style, if that makes any kind of sense.

hot damn!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually petty picky about my cosmetics now that I think about it.

If it's not Bare Minerals it doesn't go on my face. Liquid foundation scares me and mineral foundation just looks more natural to me.

I like Urban Decay eyeshadows. Half Baked is seriously one of the best neutral shades ever created.

My face primer, eye primer, eyeliner and Mascara are currently Benefit. 

Perfume is Chanel Chance.

I am not picky about lip glosses at all because I always lose the damn things and find them a year later in a car compartment/sofa/coat pocket etc.

And...this is all my cosmetics.

did you buy half baked on its own or did it come with the naked 1 palette? Curious as in if it's worth it to just get it by itself or not..

And bare mineral was how I started lol I remember when I got the face combo of the mineral powders and the little brushes they come with (i think i still have it altho I was like 5 something years ago) loll I go back to it some times cause I got a backup of the original mineral foundation a couple month ago but I do like liquid foundations cause I can just use my hands sometimes and it offers more coverage for me xD)

And on the last note, yeah, I feel you. I constantly find my lip products in bags that I haven't used for weeks, under my car seat, in my glove compartment, once I've found it in the drawer of my old places where I put cleaning supplies (sponges, etc) and I have no idea how it got there.:dodgy:

I'd buy half baked in the palette or in the single. It's seriously that good but I have a fair complexion so your mileage may vary. It's good for everything from evenings to work at the office.

I actually have pretty sensitive skin and medicate for rosacea. I take care of it and have a good dermatologist so my skin is clear and smooth but I would never cake liquid foundation on it cause of the sensitivity.

i ma pick it the next time I go out to the mall >_> just realized that this thread is probably not helping with me with the idea of "keep the collection small"..but well I'm gonna get it!!!!

I'm actually petty picky about my cosmetics now that I think about it.

If it's not Bare Minerals it doesn't go on my face. Liquid foundation scares me and mineral foundation just looks more natural to me.

I like Urban Decay eyeshadows. Half Baked is seriously one of the best neutral shades ever created.

My face primer, eye primer, eyeliner and Mascara are currently Benefit. 

Perfume is Chanel Chance.

I am not picky about lip glosses at all because I always lose the damn things and find them a year later in a car compartment/sofa/coat pocket etc.

And...this is all my cosmetics.

I can't wear powder foundations, or cream-to-powder, because I have really dry skin and I end up with visible patches all over my face (I tried the Pur Minerals starter kit and it was a no-go, so I gave it to a co-worker).  

So what I have is a mix...  I guess I should just get to it. xD

Currently using Boots No.7 moisturizers for very dry skin, and they are lovely.

Favorite face primer is the Too Faced Hangover Rx primer.  It's AMAZING for anyone with dry skin.

Eye primer is the Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer (I got it for $10 on sale at Ulta!).

I have three foundations that I love - the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy & Smooth in 110 Porcelain, Too Faced Born This Way foundation in Porcelain, and the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion foundation in N2.  All three work really well with my dry skin.

I've heard so much about the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Eraser, but it really doesn't do anything for me.  I find I get better results from using the Nyx Dark Circle Corrector with my Real Techniques sponge, and then layering over the Fit Me concealer and blending that out, too.

I tried baking, I really did.  It was...a nightmare.  o_o  My skin is too dry I think.

I use the Elf High Definition Undereye Setting Powder for under my eyes, and it's super cheap.  :S  I love that.  I'm trying out the Lorac POREfection baked powder, but I don't know if I like it better than my Fit Me powder.  Jury's still out.

As far as eye shadows go, my currently favorite is the Tarte Tartelette In Bloom palette that I got for Christmas from a relative.  The mattes are soooo easy to blend it's amazing.  My other palettes include the Naked 2 (first serious palette I ever got, I'm cool toned so I like the cooler colors in this palette a lot), the Too Faced Natural Eyes, the Tarte Energy Noire Limited Edition palette, and I got the Ulta-exclusive Tarte Holiday set this year from my mom (I forget the name, but it was $49 and a really good deal - three palettes with blushes, plus a lip pencil and a mini Lights Cameras Lashes mascara).

I also have the Lorac Pro Palette, which I purchased over the holidays after hearing so many good things about it.  Buuuut...okay so the primer made the skin around my lashline burn, then harden, then peel off.  It was weeeeird.  The shadows themselves don't seem to inspire that reaction, but I dunno.  I just don't think they're as amazing as all the hype.  I honestly like my Naked 2 or Tartelette in Bloom a lot better.  :|

Favorite mascara right now is the Tarte Lights, Cameras, Lashes mascara - love this stuff!  But I have also tried the Benefit Roller Lash mascara, and that's really good, too.

Favorite highlighter is currently the Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer, and current favorite bronzer is the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer.  

Favorite lip products is honestly a tie between Too Faced's Melted lipstick in Melted Chihuahua and the Colourpop lippie stick in Lumiere (was a collab with KathleenLights).

Does anyone else subscribe to Boxycharm?  We got a Coastal Scents palette in this month's box, along with this weird tubal mascara by Blinc (that I'm semi-scared to try after reading reviews on instagram), a felt-tip eyeliner and some brushes.  I was subscribed to Ipsy, but I cancelled it for Boxycharm because the value is so much better.  I've gotten a clay mask, ridiculously expensive eye serum, nail polish, blushes, multiple eye liners, highlighters, etc.

lol i remember you mentioned at one point about how much you love Boxycharm. I actually don't have my ipsy subscription any more (stopped a couple month ago) and now I am temped to try out boxycharm..And the Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer gets so much rave on youtube! where do you get it from??

i ma pick it the next time I go out to the mall >_> just realized that this thread is probably not helping with me with the idea of "keep the collection small"..but well I'm gonna get it!!!!

I'm going to take a picture of the makeup tower when I get home and post it here :evil:

Hello from someone who did competitive ballroom dancing for a year and a half and still hasn't gotten out of the makeup habit!

In general, Too Faced and Urban Decay are like. My magic happy brands. The UD Vice 4 and the TF Grand Chateau palettes are my faves for eyeshadow right now (And BOY lemme tell you even though it's already on wicked sale V4 was worth every penny at full price) I'm also a recent fan of MakeupGeek's pans, in part because my mother links me WAY too many Jaclyn Hill videos.

And as far as lipstick, I'm pretty easy, my go-to shades range from UD Manic to MAC Plastique. But I just gotta say... Too Faced just released a new color called v right before the holiday season... and oh. My. God. Can you say blue/pink duochrome frost? It's such a weird color and kinda hard to match with outfits but WOW it is gorgeous and creamy, and it even manages to look good against my kinda olive-y skin tone. (Pale blues are usually not a good look for me, but this one has enough pink in it that it works out!)

...Wow, I got REALLY excited there.

lol

lots of girly energy flowing here, you're not alone sister, you're not alone. 

And i just looked up unicorn tears and I was like "hmm it would be really good to cosplay with this color", haven't figured out what yet.Will update -- if I go to fanfest this year I definitely wanna cosplay and play with makeup! xD

And ooooo MakeupGeek! i am a BIG fan! I am tempted to make like a post of "favorites from makeupgeek" single eyeshadow pans if anyone's interested. You should share which ones you love too ^.^ I am always nosy about this kind of things xD

I'm going to take a picture of the makeup tower when I get home and post it here :evil:

leave my makeup tower alone!!! :evil:

lol i remember you mentioned at one point about how much you love Boxycharm. I actually don't have my ipsy subscription any more (stopped a couple month ago) and now I am temped to try out boxycharm..And the Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer gets so much rave on youtube! where do you get it from??

Kohl's!

Hello from someone who did competitive ballroom dancing for a year and a half and still hasn't gotten out of the makeup habit!

In general, Too Faced and Urban Decay are like. My magic happy brands. The UD Vice 4 and the TF Grand Chateau palettes are my faves for eyeshadow right now (And BOY lemme tell you even though it's already on wicked sale V4 was worth every penny at full price) I'm also a recent fan of MakeupGeek's pans, in part because my mother links me WAY too many Jaclyn Hill videos.

And as far as lipstick, I'm pretty easy, my go-to shades range from UD Manic to MAC Plastique. But I just gotta say... Too Faced just released a new color called v right before the holiday season... and oh. My. God. Can you say blue/pink duochrome frost? It's such a weird color and kinda hard to match with outfits but WOW it is gorgeous and creamy, and it even manages to look good against my kinda olive-y skin tone. (Pale blues are usually not a good look for me, but this one has enough pink in it that it works out!)

...Wow, I got REALLY excited there.

lol

lots of girly energy flowing here, you're not alone sister, you're not alone. 

And i just looked up unicorn tears and I was like "hmm it would be really good to cosplay with this color", haven't figured out what yet.Will update -- if I go to fanfest this year I definitely wanna cosplay and play with makeup! xD

And ooooo MakeupGeek! i am a BIG fan! I am tempted to make like a post of "favorites from makeupgeek" single eyeshadow pans if anyone's interested. You should share which ones you love too ^.^ I am always nosy about this kind of things xD

Creme Brulee is probably the MG color I use the most. Love using it as a crease color. I've also got Houdini, Fantasy, Cocoa Bear, and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. But they've gotten some good use, for sure.

I've thought about using Unicorn Tears (Which I'm actually wearing right now) for cosplay too! Particularly if I ever did a JJBA cosplay, since so many of those characters are all about the crazy lip colors. For FFXIV though, since you mentioned Fanfest... maybe if you cosplayed Iceheart? She's got that pale blue lip thing going on, right?

I'm a girl, and this is foreign language to me. When did makeup become an entire self sustained entity subject thingy?

At least I know where to ask when Eleni has issues with her prettiness. :)

So many knowledgeable lovely ladies. :bouncy:

I'm a girl, and this is foreign language to me. When did makeup become an entire self sustained entity subject thingy?

At least I know where to ask when Eleni has issues with her prettiness. :)

So many knowledgeable lovely ladies. :bouncy:

haha. Feel free to ask any questions ^.^ Altho Eleni looks very pretty to e and I don't think she should have issues! wink xD

So I'm trying to decide what my next acquisition should be. I am torn between the Naked3 palette and the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette.

I want something with more rose shades, and my hesitation with the Chocolate Bon Bons palette is that I already have a plethora of neutral colors to work with, and they have very few rose shades in the palette (altho they are really pretty).

But the Naked3 costs a bit more. xD

My vote goes to Naked 3!! I've been asked what the eye shadow shades are when I wear the naked 3. You'll love it ^.^ Especially the two matte (Limit and nooner) shades are to die for. I ended up using a lot of the shimmery shades too! 

Oh and since I got home - favorite MakeupGeek eyeshadows:

Matte 

- beaches & cream 

- creme brulee

- frappe

- cocoa bear 

- mocha

Shimmery:

Goddess and cosmopolitan

They all fall under the the warm&neutral earth tone color but what can i say...you can never have too many of those..:love:

My vote goes to Naked 3!! I've been asked what the eye shadow shades are when I wear the naked 3. You'll love it ^.^ Especially the two matte (Limit and nooner) shades are to die for. I ended up using a lot of the shimmery shades too! 

Yeah, the mix in that palette works perfectly for both work and evenings out. Granted, I use other stuff if I want super dramatic, but it's a really great combo of colors and shimmer.

/watches thread to experience what girl talk really is.

Oh, Aaron! So glad you joined us.

Let's talk about shoes, and nails, and make-up, and fashion and... BOYS!!! Let's talk about boys. I love talking about boys. And make-up. Did I mention perfume? I ilke perfume, haha! Kittens are so cute, omg puppies are sooo adorbs. I talked to this guy this other day and he was like staring at my chest ad I was like, "ew, totally gross" but he was kinda cute so idk! maybe I should date him? I like boys. Boys are kinda gross tho. Wearing high heels is SO hard. I was shopping in the mall at victoria's secret and this bitch Stacey like, glared at me, (like, a glare!) and she was a total bitch, her boyfriend is super hot though, I hope they break up! Shoes! My boobs hurt. I want chocolate ice cream. I want cake, but I don;t want to get fat!! Do you like sparkly stuff? I think it's like, so tacky, sparkly stuff is like totally tacky. Did I mention kittens were cute? I love kittens, my friend has this super cute kitten, to bad I don't hang out with her because she's a total skank, omg are my letters getting smaller, weeeird~~~

There. Take it. That's it.

1460.gif

Just take a bow after that.

Chiming in to say Too Faced is incredible. I have their blush, eyeshadows, and their coco contouring kit and I love every product. The blush seriously lasts ages, and the eyeshadows (I have both bon bons but not the latest one because I live in Australia where makeup companies hate us) come with a great variety, and loads to experiment with. 

Also the products are vegan and cruelty-free, what more do u need. 

I've never tried the naked palette though! I've been wanting it for ages, u girls aren't helping asdfghjkl.

Chiming in to say Too Faced is incredible. I have their blush, eyeshadows, and their coco contouring kit and I love every product. The blush seriously lasts ages, and the eyeshadows (I have both bon bons but not the latest one because I live in Australia where makeup companies hate us) come with a great variety, and loads to experiment with. 

Also the products are vegan and cruelty-free, what more do u need. 

I've never tried the naked palette though! I've been wanting it for ages, u girls aren't helping asdfghjkl.

OKAY. Naked is worth. Naked is SO worth. Actually, any eyeshadow with Urban Decay in the name, PROBABLY worth the price of admission if you will. (except the Gwen Stefani palette, personally, but that's just me.)

Real talk though, GET YOURSELF IN ON THIS NAKED CRAZE!

AekiraSwyfte Wrote 

OKAY. Naked is worth. Naked is SO worth. Actually, any eyeshadow with Urban Decay in the name, PROBABLY worth the price of admission if you will. (except the Gwen Stefani palette, personally, but that's just me.)

AUGH, I will. Legit, the only reason I haven't is 'cause the price always scared me off, but I know Urban Decay is amazing so I WILL GET IT ASAP. I've only ever gotten the single Urban Decay eyeshadows, and they've never let me down. 

*Opens thread, looks through comments, backs out slowly* That's...uh....a lot of ladies talking about stuff I don't know about. *Sits with Eleni* Don't worry, I'm a girl and I have no bloody clue what they're on about. But at least we have a resource?

AekiraSwyfte Wrote 

AUGH, I will. Legit, the only reason I haven't is 'cause the price always scared me off, but I know Urban Decay is amazing so I WILL GET IT ASAP. I've only ever gotten the single Urban Decay eyeshadows, and they've never let me down. 

YAAAAAAS. It's worth it tho cause powder lasts forever!! The first eyeshadow I've hit pan on ever was actually "bootycall" from my naked 2 palatte. Not sure which one you're going to get but I think you'll love whichever one it is!

So---here's my question, wondering if anyone has tried Kat Von D liquid lipsticks...I recently got Lolita and I love love love it, although it's a bit too dark to use during the day especially for a work day (I am fair skin toned), but it's smooth, not too drying and stays on forever. I was looking at the other colors too now cause I like it so much lol has anyone tried it? Or liquid lipsticks in general cause this is my first one....xD

...Wow, I was JUST thinking about this thread.

Funny you should mention Kat Von D... I haven't tried her liquid lipsticks yet, but I just bought and have fallen in love with one of her new Studded lip shades, Piaf. (Wearing it right now, it's this really nice rich brown with sparkly purple undertones, LOVE!) I also bought Magick and Motorhead but I haven't worn either of them very much as of yet.

I don't have a lot of experience with liquid lipsticks in general, though the one that comes to mind that I really like is the Sonia Kashuk liquid lipsticks. I also just bought a tube from Nyx, but I haven't tried it yet.

So---here's my question, wondering if anyone has tried Kat Von D liquid lipsticks...I recently got Lolita and I love love love it, although it's a bit too dark to use during the day especially for a work day (I am fair skin toned), but it's smooth, not too drying and stays on forever. I was looking at the other colors too now cause I like it so much lol has anyone tried it? Or liquid lipsticks in general cause this is my first one....xD

I haven't, though KathleenLights apparently loves them.

Tati has been wearing one of the UD Gwen Stefani lipsticks, but I'm not sure which one. I need to investigate, because I love the color!