Yelp of Eorzea

Yandros

Sooo....I had a rather horrible idea after going to a restaurant themed event tonight.  Well, perhaps horrible, perhaps really good!

What of a thread or board, for people to post reviews of the bars/taverns/restaurants they have visited?  Critiques of the food, wait staff, venue, etc etc.  Exactly like Yelp does for our world, what of one for FFXIV?

What would your character say about places they have been?

That's a neat idea!  I'll have to think about where I've had a meal that's an IC place... most usually for that sort of thing I've created my own setting, and that might be boring to review for people :-]

Not particularly. A collection of food locales that folks have used for stories and stuff could also provide options and flesh out the world a bit more. Obviously ones actually run by players and such would be great, but one that is basically just a headcanon'd up little hole in the wall could work just as well. :thumbsup:

That's a neat idea!  I'll have to think about where I've had a meal that's an IC place... most usually for that sort of thing I've created my own setting, and that might be boring to review for people :-]

Not particularly. A collection of food locales that folks have used for stories and stuff could also provide options and flesh out the world a bit more. Obviously ones actually run by players and such would be great, but one that is basically just a headcanon'd up little hole in the wall could work just as well. :thumbsup:

Exactly!  It can be anywhere really, so long as you write it from a character perspective.  Just something to pass time, be helpful or a bit snarky.

It might be interesting to create word of mouth for things in the RP version of the setting. Like people saying certain establishments have better food that others, or even something as simple as trying to describe the taste of food ingredients that don't exist in our world, like Eft or Raptor meat. I often wonder how these foods compare to ours, and how to describe them vividly enough that other players can imagine what it's like to eat them.

I really like this idea. Especially since people can add not only real game places but also fictional places (like Aya mentioned) that are created in people's RP stories.

Example of a Quicksand review:

"4/5. Good ale but some lalafell tried scrambling in my lap while singing 'A Brigand's Life for Me' and I had to call for someone to get them off me without hurting the cretin. An au ri muttered to them in a strange land before carting them off to a Duskwright who treated it like a baby. Never smoke herbs before coming here or it makes shite look weird."

Can we make wiki pages for establishments that we have created for our RP?  Even if they have no actual physical location in-game?

And what about this Yelp idea?  Is that going to be a thing? Are we going to start a thread for it? :)

I really think that would be up to the person creating the place or making the review really.

And as for the idea, I was thinking this was the thread for it?

Can we make wiki pages for establishments that we have created for our RP?  Even if they have no actual physical location in-game?

And what about this Yelp idea?  Is that going to be a thing? Are we going to start a thread for it? :)

I really think that would be up to the person creating the place or making the review really.

And as for the idea, I was thinking this was the thread for it?

Oh! It seemed like more of a discussion thread rather than a place for the posts :)