[3-24-16] New Staff

Hello!

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone who applied to the staff. There was a good number of applications for us to review and many great candidates. I am sorry that we could not select them all.

Please note that this new selection of moderators is not necessarily permanent! Sometimes people don't mesh well with the role, sometimes people find themselves too busy to continue, or some people merely find the responsibilities to be a chore, and that's okay. If you've submitted an application, you may be contacted in the future about possible openings on the staff. There really were a lot of good candidates, we just couldn't accept every single one.

And if you didn't get in on the last application period, then don't worry! If any openings on the staff become available or if the staff feel that more members are needed, a new application thread will be opened and those who did not or could not previously submit an application can do so.

Now for the new staff. You may review the full list of staff here.

Our new staff members are GhostlyMaiden, Meishali, RiniKett,. Sorcini, Teadrinker, and Kylin, whose name isn't applied yet due to technical difficulties. In addition, Graeham has agreed to become a supermoderator.

You might have also noticed some new name colours, so here is an overview of each label and their role on the staff.

The administrator is responsible for, as the name implies, administration of the site. The administrator is mainly responsible for:

• Resolve disputes between staff
  • Implement or coordinate technical changes to the site or the site's tools
  • Approve or disapprove policy changes suggested by the staff, and to in turn present policy changes to the staff for democratic approval.
  • Serve as a final authority on moderation issues

The supermoderators are responsible for the following:

• Enforce policy, interpret rules, and hand out infractions and bans for violations of policy on a site-wide basis
  • Suggest and vote on policy changes
  • Lock threads and remove posts as needed
  • Provide input to issues brought up by other moderators
  • Make announcements and communicate to users
  • Reorganize threads into the appropriate forums or subforums
  • Report additional issues to the administrator

The moderators are responsible for the following:

• Enforcing and interpret rule violations within a limited number of forums or subforums
  • Reorganizing threads into the appropriate forums or subforums
  • Reporting additional issues to supermoderators and the administrator
  • Submit disputes, user appeals, or violations to supermoderators or the administrator for review
  • Remove duplicate posts
  • Lock threads until review by a supermoderator only in notably egregious cases
  • Provide additional input on issues brought up by supermoderators or the administrator
  • Suggest changes and input to rules, policy, and enforcement as needed

Lastly, a new colour, the hardhats, are technical staff responsible for the following:

• Implementing new features and plugins to the site
  • Troubleshooting technical issues with access, formatting, and users
  • Suggest or dispute feature changes to the website
  • Reporting issues for review by moderators, supermoderators, and the administrator
  • Manage technical issues from the RPC Wiki

Again, thank you to all of the applicants and welcome to the new staff members.

INTRODUCTIONS! Better late than never.

Hello! My (user)name is Meishali. I've been around for almost a year, now.

I'm a freelance digital illustrator and I cry myself to sleep at night. 

I've been role-playing for what feels like ages now, and I started MMO RPing with World of Warcraft. I also used multiple platforms other than MMOs (Tumblr/Blogs/DA, etc) to do textual RP. I do tabletop as well. I'm a lore enthusiast and a massive Final Fantasy fan.

I live in Paris, France, and English is my second language, but I do my absolute best. I thought I could give a hand with the EU and artistic section of the RPC. I've been modding RP communities for several years now, but they were mostly in French. 

I need to get used to all the buttons so I don't press something I don't want to press. (I hope there's no SPOF in there.)

If you need French lessons, just ask.

Greetings. Folk can call me Teadrinker.

As far as my RP I'd call myself a moderate with the time I put into it but my RP tends to be heavy in intensity. As far as the rest of my time in game I help lead a Free Company on Balmung and I enjoy high level PvE content.

Thinking of it, my background was mostly PvE until Final Fantasy. I had RP'd only a little in MMO's prior to it. Most of my RP has been via forums which I've done since I was about 14.

As far as additional interests and hobbies I tend to enjoy writing in general, gaming, anime, tabletop and being a hermit. If you play Shadowrun you need to let me know, seriously.

-bow-

Hello.

Some of you know me, some of you don't.

I go by Nagi, Ghostly, and Ghostie.

There isn't much to say about me other than I've been around for about 6 months now. FFXIV is my first MMO (Was anti-MMO for the longest time) and I don't regret deciding to play one bit. I also have 3 years of RP experience.

Started RPing on forums here and there, nothing too exciting. Then I started playing tabletop with a bunch of friends and my love for RP just kept growing from there. I RP in-game as well as on the forums.

I live on the East Coast and in rather small town. I'm also an avid gamer. Not only do I love Final Fantasy, but i'm also a fan of games like Skyrim, Mass Effect, Fire Emblem, etc.

Since i'm on the internet a lot and have a terrible sleep schedule, i'm almost always online and on RPC.

So, yeah. That's about it. I'm one of your new green mods. *thumbs up*

EDIT: I also raid a lot.

Eyyy, grats on your shiny new tags, and here's to as much stressless moderation as possible! Yay new mods!

THAT GOES TO YOU TOO, KYLIN.

I didn't mean to break the combo

am I even supposed to be posting in here?!

I'm sorry!

HkpS2Sdu2io

Darn technology these days, revealing political flubs before you even enter the stage... And I just freaking woke up too.

I really don't like intro posts like these, much for the same reason Nero already mentioned. But I'll be a team player regardless.

My name is Kylin (though I've since retired the character under that name not too long ago). I've been with the RPC since...since...well, before it was even born >.>. I was so entangled into this thing that even the admin couldn't give me permissions without performing a delicate surgery to cut me from all the cables and whatnot that were wrapped around me.

Back in those days, RP coalitions were still a somewhat new concept for MMOs. While I've long since retired from the main helm, I have (like many retired people) felt an urge to return in a role without all of the full blown responsibilities that came with being admin. I'll always view the RPC, in part, as one of my babies. And as I look at how it's grown over the years, I still to this day am filled with unbelievable pride and joy in how far it's come and what it had to weather to get here. To see how many people it has brought together over the years (some long lasting friendships, and even some real life relationships!) and the impact it has forever left with XIV's RP community gives a feeling that can't be described. I don't think a day has gone by where I still haven't visited the RPC every single day in the shadows to watch it like a creeper (well...maybe one day I didn't visit, but I was moving so cut me some slack).

But I ramble, much like old people do. To sum up though, the RPC means a lot to me and it's an honor to get a chance to come out of the shadows again and have a more direct hand in its management once more. I've also remained part of XIV since 2010, with only about a month's break from the game since then.

Please feel free to reach out to me for any reason and I'll try to get back as promptly as possible! ...Okay, not ANY reason. I'm not a prostitute, a charity, or anything like that. But my office door is always open! ...Okay, it's closed when I'm not there. And when I'm hosting my evil council meetings of doom. You know what, just stay away from the office and feel free to leave a voicemail at any time. Or bother Alothia first. Yeah, let's go with that one.

Seriously though, I'm pretty quick at responding so feel free to reach out for inquiries and such.

Well since ZHAVI DID IT....

Welcome new mods!!! Thank you for your willingness to help out with the RPC boards!

Some of your names I don't readily recognize, but that doesn't mean you don't have great ideas and a fresh new outlook for this place!

And then there are the familiar faces and old timers... who is that Kylin guy? (just kidding!)

Hiya, 

I’m Sorcini. I'm amongst the more new members of this forum so I shall try to give a bit of myself as best as I'm able. 

Like all of you here, I enjoy role playing. My RP experience has been limited to pen and paper D&D 3.5e and 4e before realising I could actually find RP in a gaming community such as FFXIV. And, after finding RP in this environment the passion hit like a truck.

I’ve been playing FFXIV since about 2.3 or 2.4, when a friend that I raided with in Wow said he was having great fun in this game. I started it for the story and stayed for the end game raiding challenges. Now though, after RPing for 2-3 months here, I split my time between RP (which I adore) and raiding (with people that twitch stream our crazy mistakes for all the world to see. Eeek! Did I do that? *blush*). 

When I’m not doing these things I’m girling out, nerding out, or hanging out. I like sci-fi and all manor of things that make you think beyond normal conventionalism.

I’m part of the EU community so while my time difference doesn’t help, I’m still getting to know a fair many of you and enjoying it immensely.

As a mod for this community, I will do my best to help or else tie up a vet mod and throw them at your feet. ;)

Cheers!

So, I'm not new, but I figure I'll post in here anyway since I recently was given back my bluemod status from being on baby hiatus.

So, I'm Alothia or Aly if you prefer. I've been around these parts since 1.0 days. Like Ghostie, FFXIV was my first MMO because I was very anti MMO at the time. I guess that 1.0 launched in September, and in November of that year I started RPing, much in thanks to the people of Kylin's old guild.

As far as the RPC, I've been mod here since...well, I don't even remember any more. I've been mod here for a long time, I'm probably senior mod here in relation to time served, second only to Kylin. My style as a Mod tends to be to try to diffuse any situations before taking firm action, but I won't hesitate to do what needs to be done. Don't take my kindness for being a pushover, please.

As far as IRL, I teach Creative Writing at the high school level, as well as Film and Mythology. I like to write poetry and journal entries from the PoV of my character. I haven't been in game in a bit, but mostly because having a baby keeps me from getting to my computer. I still keep up with the news and try to be semi active here on the boards or at the very least in the chat. If you need me, during the week in the morning time is when I take my "shift," so that's always the best time to get a hold of me.

So, if you want to talk random stuff, 1.0 days, want to look at pictures of my baby...any of those things, I'm your gal!