Eorzean Zodiac Wheel

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update - 1/20: Hey everyone! Since I haven't received any male Roegadyns to model for Althyk, I've decided to open up the slot to all males from any race except for male Miqo'te. If you would like your character to represent Althyk, the Keeper, please PM me! To make things fair for everyone, I'm only taking requests made after this post. All previous requests for Althyk will need to be resubmitted. Sorry to everyone who has already volunteered!

Also, I'm doing another casting call for any and all adventurers! However, I only have 14 slots available! As such, I need 7 males and 7 females. Please PM me your request as well as an reference pictures and details for your character. Again, any requests made on this thread will be ignored.

If it helps to move me to Althyk to find the final person, I don't mind. I have no problem swapping with someone who would prefer to be Rhalgr. I'm just a tad worried about having my character represented in a way he isn't (a common problem I've been striving to fix recently >.>). If this is the case, the god of time better end up being one hawt deity :lol:

Was just mulling over the work in progresses again, liking how they're all coming out, some lovely poses and concepts.

Though it's such a shame there was a pass on Halone's shield emphasis, I always pictured her like a greek warrior woman type figure with that shield. Reminiscent of some old statues like this one:

535839.jpg

Still, the ice wall encapsulating the shield is very unique and interesting, and I wish you best of luck in developing it as things encased in ice can be a real pain to portray and especially to color. @_@

I meant to reply earlier, but I hate typing from my phone. Such a hassle trying to type out anything on such a tiny screen or have it constantly auto correct any names I type. -____-

The shield as the main focus was something that crossed my mind initially, but as Deirdre pointed out, I wanted to take the character into mind for the design, hence why I opted for the sword and triple spear in hand to represent Halone as the goddess of war and her title as the Fury.

I actually have a couple rough doodles in my sketch book for the shield design which I may post up when I get around to hooking my scanner up again. I definitely agree with you about how hard things in ice can be to color. I think that'll single handily be the hardest part of this one since I don't have much experience with rendering ice outside of sketches, but hopefully all the awesome tutorials on DA will help me out here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! So I just wanted to give you all a short update and let you all know the project is still underway. I guess there was a fear that I may have been burnt out already. To those of you who have been keeping an eye on this thread, sorry for the slow down! I've been a bit busy outside of this. Anyways, I wanted to give you all a peak at what I've been working on. :)

[align=center]NEOhwn7.png[/align]

Ellie: Oh geez, rookie mod's first day. I go to reply and I accidentally erase your post. (I'm used to the left-most button being "reply with quote")

There's no way to get your post back to the way it was, so please edit this message and repost once you do because it was a really really beautiful image. Again, very sorry. >_<

:) No worries!

Here is the image again :P

Original post:

I felt bad for leaving you all in the dark for over a week, so I decided to post up the current progress for Eva/Nophica. Take it as a taste for what's to come with the others. Enjoy!

Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress. I'd put it at about 70% done.

bXcmPKw.jpg

Thanks guys :)

I should have Eva's pic done this weekend. I still have a few more things I want to add and I want to tighten up the line work a bit more.

Deirdre/Halone is next, and I'm pretty excited to start that one.

As for Nald'thal, Nymeia, and Althyk, I have ideas done, but I'll probably just do the rough draft and everything all together rather than post it up seperately. 

Also, I do stream! I usually post the link up in the RPC Skype chat, but you can find my livestream profile here. I'm looking for better streaming options, so feel free to give suggestions as to what I could use!