RPC Tarot card set

Xenedra

Riding on Mtoto's coat tails.. or rather with them, as this will be a collaboration... Some of us in the skype chat thought it'd be fun to try and do a tarot card set for the RPC. This opens up a bunch more slots for people to fill, so maybe we can get closer to getting everyone who wants a card in : P

ALSO, if you're interested in contributing to the art side of things, like I said, this will be a collaborative effort. Once we have the final list, we can hand out characters to those willing to assist~

If you would be willing to help draw the characters for the cards please post in this thread.

As of 2/21/2013 we have filled up the major arcana! However, there are still plenty of cards left in the minor arcana.

If you would like your character to be part of this project, we will be accepting card requests up until each and every last card is full.

It's our goal to fill up a whole deck. Also if you would like to be included, please submit a request for only your MAIN character. We'll do our best to make sure everyone gets a card they're pleased with. Pleeease pick your card based on the meaning and not on the pretty pictures you find : P. Also please keep in mind, even if you don't get a big important name card, you're still likely to get a fabulous piece of art of your character, free of charge. The number cards are just as important as the major arcana, so don't feel jipped! One might fit your character very well. Bottom line, please try to be understanding with us as we iron out the who's-who of this tarot set : P.

If you would like to request a specific card for your character please PM the request to me!

If you have NO idea which card might represent your character, I've wrangled up a quick reference guide. There are a lot of cards, but please take a look!

www.paranormality.com/tarot_meanings.shtml

http://www.tarotteachings.com/index.html

The current list of assigned Tarot cards is as follows:

Major Arcana:

Fool - Miya

Magician - Rikitiki Tavatiki

High Priestess - Eva

Empress - Deirdre

Emperor - Ban

Hierophant - Kylin

Lovers - Xenedra

Chariot - Mtoto

Strength - Rhostel

Hermit - Shurin

Fortune - Gerik

Justice - Yssen

Hanged Man - Zesiro

Death - Gospel

Temperance - Isilwen

Devil - Klarimel

Tower - Endricane

Star - Nel

Moon - Paradyme

Sun - Aveline

Judgement - Manari

The World - Sienna

Minor Arcana:

King of Coins - Myllor

Queen of Coins - Abaigeal

Knight of Coins - Fearless

Page of Coins - Genevieve

Nine of Coins - Moltove

Queen of Swords - Kannadi

Knight of Swords - Shippuu

Page of Swords - Rhio

Nine of Swords - Aysun

Seven of Swords - Isaac Vadoma

Six of Swords - Zenge

Three of Swords - K'aworu

Ace of Swords - Siobhain

King of Wands - Rakka'li

Queen of Wands - Alothia

Knight of Wands - Endemerrin

Page of Wands - Kerr

Seven of Wands - Koumoru Doumoru

Four of Wands - Kyri

Three of Wands - Ariel

King of Cups - Tanum

Queen of Cups - Kassandra

Knight of Cups - Tahrara

Page of Cups - Lyriah

If you've ended up with a card you REALLY don't like, do let us know and feel free to request a different card. PLEASE do not request a card that's already taken on the list, I will just tell you no : P.

Card Border:

[spoil]leve_by_michialmasy-d5wgzme.png[/spoil]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be interested in throwing my hat into the ring to help with the project, if you'll have me.

Apart from that, I wouldn't know what card would suit Feral Ren.

I'm not sure about the specifics of your character but going off the name 'Feral Ren' and the Miqo in your avatar:

Maybe the Sun?

Optimism---Expansion---Being radiant---Positive feelings

Enlightenment---Vitality---Innocence---Non-criticism

Assurance---Energy---Personal power---Happiness

Splendor---Brilliance---Joy ---Enthusiasm

*tries to help* Maybe the Chariot.

I might be interested in throwing my hat into the ring to help with the project, if you'll have me.

Apart from that, I wouldn't know what card would suit Feral Ren.

I'm not sure about the specifics of your character but going off the name 'Feral Ren' and the Miqo in your avatar:

Maybe the Sun?

Optimism---Expansion---Being radiant---Positive feelings

Enlightenment---Vitality---Innocence---Non-criticism

Assurance---Energy---Personal power---Happiness

Splendor---Brilliance---Joy ---Enthusiasm

*tries to help* Maybe the Chariot.

This made me chuckle. :) Feral Ren is a grumpy old Miqo'te woman, hardened from battles and such. x3 You can see my amusement~!

This made me chuckle. :) Feral Ren is a grumpy old Miqo'te woman, hardened from battles and such. x3 You can see my amusement~!

Oh my! I'm sorry, I admit I'm so used to people using the term Feral to describe characters that are peppy. Hrm.

Maybe

The Tower-

Chaos ----- Sudden change ----- Impact ----- Hard times

Crisis ----- Revelation ----- Disruption ----- Realizing the truth

Disillusion ----- Crash ----- Burst ----- Uncomfortable experience

Downfall ----- Ruin ----- Ego blow ----- Explosive transformation

to explain why she's grumpy and the impact of the battles she's survived on her personality.

Also there's

Ace of Swords: The Reaver. Indicates decisive ability. Cutting through confusion. Taking a radical decision or standpoint. The ability to see through deception, and expose it.

Five of Cups: A hooded figure with bowed head seems to mourn the 3 cups spilled before him. Behind the cloaked figure stand two cups, upright. The 5 of any suit can be considered difficult. Here it indicates hopes that have been dashed, or mourning over something that is lost. The hooded figure remains unaware of the two cups still standing behindâso the situation is not completely hopeless

and The key meanings of the Nine of Wands:

Afraid

Cautious

Defensive

Impermanent Security

Inner strength

Though these are all Minor Arcana.

Oh my! I'm sorry, I admit I'm so used to people using the term Feral to describe characters that are peppy. Hrm.

Maybe

The Tower-

Chaos ----- Sudden change ----- Impact ----- Hard times

Crisis ----- Revelation ----- Disruption ----- Realizing the truth

Disillusion ----- Crash ----- Burst ----- Uncomfortable experience

Downfall ----- Ruin ----- Ego blow ----- Explosive transformation

to explain why she's grumpy and the impact of the battles she's survived on her personality.

Also there's

Ace of Swords: The Reaver. Indicates decisive ability. Cutting through confusion. Taking a radical decision or standpoint. The ability to see through deception, and expose it.

Five of Cups: A hooded figure with bowed head seems to mourn the 3 cups spilled before him. Behind the cloaked figure stand two cups, upright. The 5 of any suit can be considered difficult. Here it indicates hopes that have been dashed, or mourning over something that is lost. The hooded figure remains unaware of the two cups still standing behindâso the situation is not completely hopeless

and The key meanings of the Nine of Wands:

Afraid

Cautious

Defensive

Impermanent Security

Inner strength

Though these are all Minor Arcana.

I personally favor the Tower. I've made this known to Xenedra - she's the one who makes the decision. :)

Though I wouldn't mind the Ace of Swords, too. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Bump! Requests have virtually stopped coming in, so I'm thinking its time to start finalizing the list. I'll start talking to people who've requested doubles and poking artists about who/which cards they're interested in sketchin'!

This does not mean the request period is over! Obviously as people come later on down the line they won't have the full deck to pick from since we'll have finished some cards, but many slots are still open and it'd be great to fill this thing out!

You don't have to do any art to sign up for a card~

Still the problem of not understanding tarot enough to even choose a card. xD Trying to read over the descriptions.. they all seem very similar? Upright, reversed, wut.

Confusion.

Some are similar, with only a slight difference, some are not at all. I've been telling people to go mostly based on the upright descriptions, but some (myself included) found cards that were appropriate both ways. To clarify what upright and reverse mean, when you read someone's cards, you lay them down in a certain pattern (some people don't bother) and each position that a card is placed in means something different. For example one position would mean whatever card is put there is about a future happening. Whether the card happens to land upright or upside down when taken from the deck just affects the meaning of the card placed in position. I hope that was clear enough to help you out : x