New player, looking for folks to have some fun

Hello! I'm Kibu, or just Ki, and I'm a 30-year-old longtime RP enthusiast but a short-time FFXIV player. I've literally had this game for just over 2 weeks now and I'm enjoying it immensely, but I will admit from the get-go that I'm still picking up bits and pieces of the lore so I'm pretty sketchy on a lot of it. I also do like to play a little loose with lore sometimes anyway, so I'd still like to try to jump in!

I'm a former WoW player, and while I didn't participate in actual RP on my server there, I did develop extensive stories and backgrounds for each of my characters. I'm a writer and I still do a good amount of RP with my fiancee; previous RP experience includes LJ-based, forum-based, chatroom-based, IM-based, tabletop, and a very, very small amount of LARP. All told, I've been doing RP for over 18 years, but not in an MMO setting. I'm on the west coast of the USA and play mostly in the evenings/weekends as I have a full time job during the week.

I'm quietly developing my Au Ra character as well, but the character I am the most involved with at this point is my Miqo'te, Cam'nahl Zarasten.

tumblr_o5ayxk74611spcd4no2_540.png

He's a Keeper of the Moon and an Arcanist/Scholar. He's generally quiet and reserved, especially around people he's not familiar with, but that doesn't mean he's not friendly and pretty laid-back. Probably the most important point about him is that he's a twin - his (just by a couple minutes) older brother is Mik'hal Zarasten, who is my fiancee's character. They are extremely close even though they tend to spend a lot of time in separate places.

Cam spends a lot of time in Limsa, which he considers home, and is a member of the Maelstrom. Talented in magical arts, he prefers active combat to standing back and just plotting strategies - which seems a little unusual from what I know of the Scholar class (but again, I'm still hammering out the kinks in my understanding of the full world and class lore). He's as quick with a healing spell as he is with an offensive one, and he takes the responsibility of keeping his fellows on their feet very seriously.

tumblr_o5ayxk74611spcd4no1_540.png

If he's not in Limsa, Cam is probably in Ul'dah pursuing his hobbies of alchemy, weaving, and goldsmithing. He also spends a great deal of time simply out in the field, honing his skills as well as doing work for the Scions (read: I just hit 30 yesterday and have a long way to go as far as the storyline is concerned!)

I have a great deal of information about Cam rattling around in my head, but there's only so much I can relay through a word-dump. I'm terrifically shy about approaching people, but if you see my boy running around Balmung server, or you want to send me a /Tell or something, do please feel free to say hi! Cam has his brother and that's fantastic, but he (and I!) could always use some new friends.

Edit:

Adding in the information for my Xaela Au Ra, Rhet Hawke!

tumblr_o66ckiL1Qp1spcd4no1_540.png

Rhet is a Thaumaturge, having shown an aptitude for magic from a very young age. His backstory is not a fun one, and not one he's willing to share with just anyone - even his childhood friend has been unable to get more than just a few words out of him in regard to what's been going on with him in the past ~8-9 years since she last saw him when they were kids.

He's tall and dark with those piercing eyes and so he looks pretty intimidating, but he's actually got an easy smile and loves terrible jokes/puns (lewd or tame). He is very protective of the people close to him and will do anything he can for them.

You can usually find Rhet somewhere in Ul'dah, though he recently took up carpentry which takes him off to Gridania more. I'd love to play him off other people and make some new connections!

Hey there Kibu! Welcome to the game (and Balmung!) hope you're enjoying it here so far. I came here not long ago as well and it's really got a great bunch of people.

I tried to whisper you but you weren't online so figured I'd leave my name here - I'd love to RP with you at some time, it seems our characters would really get on together. I'm also pretttttyyyyy not good at the lore at the moment but I have an amazing group of friends who help me out and I'm sure they'd help you out as well, so feel free to whisper me when you're next online! I'm online most of the time so hopefully you'll catch me. If not, then we'll see if we can get a time!

(but again, I'm still hammering out the kinks in my understanding of the full world and class lore)

FFXIV has a veritable ton of lore in it, but is a bit more spaced out and a touch harder to track down as many NPCs are unreliable narrators. Even if you don't use all of the lore, if you ever have questions about it, feel free to ask on the forums here or in the Lore section of the RPC! In the meantime, I figured I'd drop my usual lore starter kit to help out with the basics.

Eorzean Lore Starter Kit

-Racial Lore Compilation

-Class/Job Lore Compilation <-- There's a Scholar lore link in there~

-Hydaelyn Geography Lore

-Eorzean City-states' Political Structures Lore

-Eorzean Units of Time and Measurement Lore

Hope this helps!

Hey there Kibu! Welcome to the game (and Balmung!) hope you're enjoying it here so far. I came here not long ago as well and it's really got a great bunch of people.

I tried to whisper you but you weren't online so figured I'd leave my name here - I'd love to RP with you at some time, it seems our characters would really get on together. I'm also pretttttyyyyy not good at the lore at the moment but I have an amazing group of friends who help me out and I'm sure they'd help you out as well, so feel free to whisper me when you're next online! I'm online most of the time so hopefully you'll catch me. If not, then we'll see if we can get a time!

Thank you so much! I'd love to connect at some point.

I have to admit - I made the post from work. I was mid-commute when you tried to find me! But I'm getting on right now!

Sounsyy - thank you so much! I've seen several of your lore posts around and I've been trying to make my way through them. There's only so much my head will hold at a time, but I will slowly make my way through and hopefully it won't take me long to get up to speed. Thank you for being such a wonderful resource and taking the time to point me in the right direction!

Hello and welcome!

He sounds like the sort of person my kitty would get along with. If you see Isetaari Nuru around feel free to say hi or send me a message and we can work something out.

Hello! I look forward to seeing you and your kit around ^^

Hello there, welcome to FFXIV! :D

Thank you very much! ^^ It's nice here. People are shockingly polite and I love it.

You're very welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying it here so far, most folks are very kind! :)

As an active spellcaster operating out of Limsa Lominsa, you might want to give L'yhta a poke; in fact, if he's interested in esoteric magic or doing incredibly dangerous things in the name of magical knowledge, it's entirely possible he might have heard her name. Feel free to drop me a tell! :)

Cam's not much of a danger/thrillseeker, really. He likes books and he likes learning and he likes the puzzle of figuring out the right twist to make something work ^^ But it could be fun to have them meet; thank you for the invite! I'm at work right now, but likewise feel free to poke at me if you see me on later.

I just wanted to break up this polite love-fest to tell you that I hate you!

On the other hand though, we should RP together!  Momo is an academic type, loves adventures, that sorta thing, or a night at the bar/brothel, drop me a line!

I just wanted to break up this polite love-fest to tell you that I hate you!

On the other hand though, we should RP together!  Momo is an academic type, loves adventures, that sorta thing, or a night at the bar/brothel, drop me a line!

Thank... you..?

Cam is the type who wouldn't be caught dead in a brothel, but Rhet could probably be convinced! I won't be online for another ~8 hours because job, but if you see me online do feel free to drop me a line.

I'd love to meet up sometime. It's been awhile since I've Roleplayed with new players and I'd like to see a few new faces. : )

For sure! Still stuck at work, but I'll try to look you up when I get home and log in. And of course if you see me before I see you, feel free to drop me a message! I'm likely to be on with Cam all night, if only to get through a few more questy bits (Crazy Things Are Happening in the main story line for me right now) but who doesn't love a good RP break?? :D