Yo-kai Watch Event!

Gabineaux

So, if you're wanting a full set of weapons? You're going to be doing a LOT of FATE grinding. So, I'd recommend aiming for one, maybe two weapons, and just get all the minions for the ghostmobile. Likely going to be much less headache-inducing.

I'm mixing both. Got Robonyan F-2 because I liked the look of the machinist weapon (and considering how EX Mog will be a fucking pain to do over and over again for the glamour I might use it as a replacement glamour) and started doing FATEs in the appropriate areas. Probs gonna port back and get the minions as I complete it.

So, if you're wanting a full set of weapons? You're going to be doing a LOT of FATE grinding. So, I'd recommend aiming for one, maybe two weapons, and just get all the minions for the ghostmobile. Likely going to be much less headache-inducing.

I'm mixing both. Got Robonyan F-2 because I liked the look of the machinist weapon (and considering how EX Mog will be a fucking pain to do over and over again for the glamour I might use it as a replacement glamour) and started doing FATEs in the appropriate areas. Probs gonna port back and get the minions as I complete it.

That's... kinda how I've been doing it? The first day, I basically had a minion (Toko) who gets legendary medals out in Outer La Noscea. Did those FATEs until I had seven legendary tokens, then I went back to pick up the weapon and turned in all the regular tokens picked up in the process for more minions. Considering the time of day, I took a break there, but that's basically what I did yesterday too - switched to another minion that gets legendaries (USApyon this time) in that zone and farmed again.

Given the drop rate of the normal medals, though, you're going to get all the minions WAY before the weapons. Even if you were the luckiest person in the world and got a legendary token drop every FATE. You'd still be a third of the way to having all the tokens you need for all the weapons.

You mean the ghost mobile for getting all the minions? Or is there a second, unmentioned mount?

... Well I'll be. Looked it up and there really is a second, supposedly flashier ghost mobile for getting all the weapons. I... don't know if I care enough to get it. That is a LOT of FATE grinding.

It is definitely a ton of FATE grinding but it's not absolutely awful. I think we've got about three months to do it in? Going for one a day typically has you grind FATEs for about an hour depending on RNG. I've heard rumor that the last 3 weapons require 30 legendary tokens per, so I don't know if I'll be doing those all in one day. I don't think it's necessarily terrible unless you're a masochist and want to fate grind for days without stop.

I seem to have no interest in this event like previous ones. Maybe it's because it's a promotion for Yo-Kai watch that was talked about for a month in the us and then forgotten.

Maybe it's because the weapons and mount along with the pets are unappealing to me personally...

Or maybe I was not into the Yo-Kao watch hype after playing the demo....what a let down for combat.

The event itself and the grind is fine but the rewards feel so lackluster. Even the mount is sort of meh. Silly but meh.

I'll be skipping on this event though. First one I am skipping in my MMO playtime :(

So can confirm as I now have it, there is a second mount for getting all the weapons.  Its the same as the first mount except it glows a little more, is blue tinted rather than red, and has the red two tailed cat clinging to the side.

• 4 weeks later...