Yo-kai Watch Event!

Gabineaux

As long as the Weapons can be stored in the Armoire I am, :P

Just a side note, This works like the Atma step for the Zodiac and the initial step for the Anima, that means FATEs, that means likely mi to low drop rates an that means a certain adamantoise in Southern Thanalan will likely have his days numbered

I'm just glad it's sticking around until October. That's a lot of stuff to do if you want to get everything. Farming for medals for the minions, then going into FATEs with those minions to get OTHER medals that you can turn in for weapons. Also, getting all the minions so you can get the mount. Depending on the medal cost, this could be a lengthy endeavor if you're one of them competition types (like I can be).

I'll probably try and get the minions... and hopefully by then someone will have verified if you can store the weapons in the armoire or not.

Because bag space, yo.

Not sure if I'll do this on my alts or not (I usually strive for limited event completion on all of my alts). Guess it depends on how difficult it turns out to be on my main - because, you know, I do have seven of the buggers. That's a lot of FATEs, even if I just strive for "all the minions + the weapon corresponding to their main class".

Sorry, for me this just adds more to the side of this being a non-serious game. Though many will say it never was.

Why? 

You will find me in the corner being a grumpy old git.

I'm just glad it's sticking around until October. That's a lot of stuff to do if you want to get everything. Farming for medals for the minions, then going into FATEs with those minions to get OTHER medals that you can turn in for weapons. Also, getting all the minions so you can get the mount. Depending on the medal cost, this could be a lengthy endeavor if you're one of them competition types (like I can be).

ALL THE GRINDING! \o/

I'm also happy to see that you can get medals on both silver and gold FATE results. That will make things way easier.

I'll have one character get everything for sure, but it will depend on just how much of a pain in the ass it is as to whether I'll go for more than just 1 or two weapons on my other characters. It might be a good time to finish getting atma for the old relics that have been laying around for years... >.>

Also, I was rather annoyed with this crossover til I actually watched some of the show. It's like bizarro world pokemon. It still doesn't "go with" ffxiv imo, but the show is just so je ne sais quoi that I'm fine with grinding for these items. Methdog went from being cringey to my favorite character of the set. xD

Well, I'll use this to finally level up NIN on Tanya (my main) and all the other classes I'm going to do on her.  For John and Kestlona, well, I'll use it to level up their magic (John) and War (Kest).  Not sure if I'll try to get all the minions on Kest or not but I'll wait and see what the drop rate on Tanya is for this.

Personally I find these... creatures to be over-designed and annoying to look at, and the weapon rewards are not much better. However, I will commit myself to this for the sake of having such a silly looking mount. If I can't throw the weapons immediately into my armoire and have to wait some unknown amount of time to do so, I will face God and walk backwards into hell.

If I can't throw the weapons immediately into my armoire and have to wait some unknown amount of time to do so, I will face God and walk backwards into hell.

SE did away with the armoire delay some time back. :)

This makes me so happy to hear. Are they finally pulling their head out of their asses when it comes to the armoire? Will we someday be able to throw all our extra greens/blues in there for endless glamour wardrobe? I can dream.

I guess those yellow gloves kinda look like boxing gloves. It's a shame no weapon resembles that in-game yet, but the color doesn't quite work for me. 

A few others do have design elements of the creature that inspires it, but more the problem is coloration. If you could dye these things, some might actually be passable, at a distance. Really the big selling point for me by far is the minions and Whis.

Personally I find these... creatures to be over-designed and annoying to look at, and the weapon rewards are not much better. However, I will commit myself to this for the sake of having such a silly looking mount. If I can't throw the weapons immediately into my armoire and have to wait some unknown amount of time to do so, I will face God and walk backwards into hell.

More or less sums up my stance. I find the weapons far too cartoonish to even warrant as glamour. That said, the collector bug has bitten. So I at least want the minions/mount/achievements just to have them. If I can't toss the weapons in the Armoire immediately.... I may just toss them period. >.>

Now I have a question, I figured between my brother being a fan and this collaberation, I might as well give the anime a try so I watched a few episodes. Its...a little more like a Slice of Life show the the likes of Pokemon and Digimon.

I want to know why you guys think of the show and games?

BTW I'm going for the minions as well. And trying to get the weapons for collection's sake

So, plus side, it seems getting the minions and such aren't too bad. The near-instant FATE respawn in Outer La Noscea means you can run back and forth and get your badges pretty quick. There IS a bit of a hitch that folks should be aware of for both minions and the weapons, though.

It's not stated right away, but as you progress, you require MORE badges for the things. Your first minion is 1 token, the next three are 3, next three are 5, then 7 and finally 9 per. The total number of tokens for all the minions is 73 or something similar. I managed to get 6-7 minions in about an hour or so of FATE farming in Outer La Noscea.

Where it gets vicious is if you want the weapons. First one is 7 legendary tokens, which - as the event stuff states - has a chance to drop if you're doing FATEs in a zone with a minion whose Legendary tokens that drop there. However, EACH successive weapon requires two more tokens. So your second weapon is 9 legendary tokens, then 11, then 13, then 15. From what I read yesterday, it is unknown how much the fifth and beyond weapons are - whether they cap at 15 tokens each or if it keeps increasing to a higher cap, if there even is one.

So, if you're wanting a full set of weapons? You're going to be doing a LOT of FATE grinding. So, I'd recommend aiming for one, maybe two weapons, and just get all the minions for the ghostmobile. Likely going to be much less headache-inducing.

You DO have until October to do all this, though, so there's no particular rush if you decide you want all of the things.

Reddit research has the numbers on the weapons. It starts at seven, then nine, then eleven, thirteen, and "capping" at fifteen for weapons four through ten. For the last three? Thirty each. For a grand total of 222 legendary tokens required to get all the weapons.

... Keep in mind that getting all the minions costs 73 normal medals, which have a 100% drop rate as long as you have the watch on (though, fortunately you don't need to be wearing the watch to get the legendary medals, just have the "right" minion out) and don't require you to be using the "right" minion to get them to spawn.

I don't think I'll be going for more than two weapons.

You mean the ghost mobile for getting all the minions? Or is there a second, unmentioned mount?

... Well I'll be. Looked it up and there really is a second, supposedly flashier ghost mobile for getting all the weapons. I... don't know if I care enough to get it. That is a LOT of FATE grinding.