Just Transfered to Balmung

Kieran

Hey guys,

I just transferred over to Balmung last night.  Have been away from the game for awhile so was just going to make a new character and start fresh but the server is locked.  Short Google search later and I come to find the ONLY way to get on Balmung is through character transfer.  So transferred over my old character and just going to main a new class (Dark Knight).  I figure this is the best way to go to relearn the game as I have played a few games since I left and things are just blurry on how they work.

As far as the RP scene goes, I'm not a total newbie but I just haven't RP'd in a long while.  My last game I RP'd in was when EQ2 was at its peak.

So yeah, looking for some friends - RP and leveling (I have a fast tank queue for dungeons!) and have to check out the FC section here as I think that would be a good way to get my feet wet into the RP scene.

Welcome to Balmung!

I'm glad I'm not the only one coming back to the game after a hiatus that basically left them ignorant to all that has changed. You'll find FFXIV's roleplaying scene is pretty diverse and fairly active. I believe the Adventurer's Guild in Ul'dah is the most active for simple walk-up RP, but you never know what you'll find. If you're looking for an dungeon crawling friend, or just someone to randomly chat with, let me know! You can add me in-game; my character name is Tywin Chamberlain.

Again, welcome back and I hope you enjoy the Dark Knight class - I haven't tried it myself. The FC and LS lists here are great for finding roleplay groups that match up with your ideals as a player and the ideals of your character. There're also some Free Companies in game that don't have an article hear that can be very good as well!

Welcome aboard to Balmung! :thumbsup:

You're already checking out the FC section, but you should also check out the Making Connections forum as well as check the Linkshells available too. There's a whole lot of stuff out there for you to get after, and it can feel like drinking from a firehose really easily. 

You're welcome to hit me up- my signature has a character profile there for ease of reading if it sounds interesting at all! In the case of dungeons? Have lance. Will pewpew!

Hey guys,

I just transferred over to Balmung last night.  Have been away from the game for awhile so was just going to make a new character and start fresh but the server is locked.  Short Google search later and I come to find the ONLY way to get on Balmung is through character transfer.  So transferred over my old character and just going to main a new class (Dark Knight).  I figure this is the best way to go to relearn the game as I have played a few games since I left and things are just blurry on how they work.

As far as the RP scene goes, I'm not a total newbie but I just haven't RP'd in a long while.  My last game I RP'd in was when EQ2 was at its peak.

So yeah, looking for some friends - RP and leveling (I have a fast tank queue for dungeons!) and have to check out the FC section here as I think that would be a good way to get my feet wet into the RP scene.

Heyy! Welcome to Balmung :D I wish to offer you help and assistance with the game and whatnot with dungeons but my character is sadly still a low level so yeah haha xD

If you ever see an Ayaka Yatsurugi in-game, feel free to say hi! :D