Shopping for clothing bargains.

So as I level through the game. Anyone have any suggestions for great looking easy to acquire gear.

I love the fashions in this game, and looking for economical ways to aquire a decent wardrobe while I level.

Sadly, you don't have the ability to glamour your leveling gear until you hit level 50. Up til then, you just have to put up with wearing the leveling gear the game gives you. ^^; If you just want to wear nice clothes for RP, check a lot of the level 1 glamour items. Since so many are dropping in potd, the prices have really come down.

If you're looking to keep up on PVE stuff, you'll be able to buy things pretty steadily as you go in each new aetheryte camp you're sent to. Your job quests also give you a pretty decent selection of gear, not to mention the sidequests.

As mentioned by the friendly qiqirn though, you can't glamour until level 50! So you're forced to make RP sets beforehand. Economics-wise, you could consider taking the allagan currency rewards as you go through the main story: It adds up to something like 200k when all is said and done? Once they start offering you silver, it's not a bad idea to start stockpiling. Don't forget to unlock your Challenge Log in Limsa at level 15, too! It's a series of meta-challenges that resets every week and is very effective for lining your pockets, just as a by-product of playing the game.

On the market board, search for hats/shirts/boots/etc that are level 1 only. These are "glamour items" that tend to have a certain look to them.

Some will be really expensive (usually those that are new, or require a material that's really low drop rate).

Some will be cheaper than you think.

I managed to pick up a full set of this on the MB for under 10k gil total the other day, was real chuffed with that =v=

This gear doesn't have any stats on it though - so you shouldn't wear it for questing or dungeons. At level 50 you'll unlock a system that allows you to show the appearance of one piece of gear while utilising the stats of another, but until then, usually what quests give you - or what's on the gear vendor for the area you're levelling in - is best to wear while doing regular gameplay. I've had good results from picking one colour of dye and using it for all my character's gear, so it doesn't look HORRIBLY uncoordinated even if I think the models look ugly. xD

There are also dungeon sets - ones that spring to mind are at level 15 (dps) (spellcaster), level 30 (dps) (tank) (spellcaster), and level 45 (dps) (spellcaster). Those can be neat if they happen to suit your character, and the level 15/30 sets can be purchased with silver chocobo feathers if you used the Recruit A Friend scheme.

If you find clothing for your level that's craftable, please make a list and let me know.  I keep a lot of low-level materials (if I don't have them, I can usually gather them) and I'd be happy to craft some things for you to save you a bit of gil. 

All I ask for in trade are roleplay opportunities!  :)  You're welcome to friend me in-game anytime.

At least dyeing is available at level 15. I make a beeline for that quest as soon as I've unlocked air travel. The NPC is at Vesper Bay in Western Thanalan.

It sucks that glamour isn't available until level 50, but not all the leveling gear is hideous. xD The one I've found it hardest to dress nicely in what the leveling stuff gives you is my tank. She always looks mismatched or meh.