Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22)

Kage

Everything looks so good I am so hype

How're PVP folks reacting to the news

Idk how they're reacting but I really, really hope this changes how stale/slow the PvP was in general. My main gripe is that certain classes/things were crazy (but necessary) due to PvE requirements and had mentioned many times to others that they needed to balance hem separately. Now that they're doing it, I'm looking forward to actually giving PvP another serious shot.

I'm still kind of holding out hope that Thunder and Thunder III will simply be Thunder & Thunder II, while Thunder II and Thunder IV will become Thundaga & Thundaga II. Wouldn't mind if Aero III became Tornado and was beefed up a bit. Alas, no Quake yet, or Flood. Or Burst it seems.

Stoked for the Red Mage. Nice to see it using all 6 Elements, not to mention some non-aspected looking spells that seem to be Astral or Umbral in charge. Was hoping for a lot more hard facts about the changes, like a link to where you could read all new tool-tips with a GIANT disclaimer that numbers are subject to change. I'd like to know the full tool kits for the new jobs.

Those jump potion prices are a bit steep for me. I understand their desire to "recoup the losses" of people not playing their game, but damn. The only way I can convince myself to do that is for a fresh character below lvl 10 or something... $50 gone for one character in SB with one class.

Blegh.

Lots of other good stuff, though! Excited for that stuff!

I didn't quite understand the explanation of the Red Mage's gauge in the stream, but seeing that video makes it more clear. You build up black and white mana with spells, then jump into melee range to spend it with sword attacks. Cool!

NOT GOOD FRIEND NOT GOOD. Some pvp fcs have changed their tags to <9Butns> everyone is going nuts. I can't really blame them? But I have faith it won't be as world ending as they say.

NOT GOOD FRIEND NOT GOOD. Some pvp fcs have changed their tags to <9Butns> everyone is going nuts. I can't really blame them? But I have faith it won't be as world ending as they say.

so regular PvE abilities wont be used at all, it will be PvP versions in the 9 button list? I might actually try PvP in this game now. It was horrid before.

It wasn't horrid, lot of people just sucked ass at it.

Nah man, extra ability bloat in a game with ability bloat is not fun.

I don't understand your issue? I started getting into PvP when Feast was released and didn't know anything about it and learned blindly.

By the end of the first ranked season I had reached Gold tier & was #75 on the top 100 list for a short while. It's really not that hard to do and is pretty fun. But the meta apparently is to hate on it if you don't know how to adapt.

I'm just glad we finally got juicy juicy info on how RDM plays. The style sounds like decent resource management with some on-the-fly decisions about extra chain spells.

While that darkity-dark lightning spell is a disappointment to me, everything else they have in their bag animation wise looked sublime and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

On a different note I flat out think this might be the first time I allow myself to get hyped over an expansion, because if they truly deliver on everything they spoke of during that Live Letter I can only see SB bringing great things to the game.