Aspiring "Knight" seeks Mentor or Cause to serve!

600x350http://i.imgur.com/Mab5OwX.jpg[/img]

Z'Tehra is a somewhat classic case of youthful potential without proper direction. Her history is something of a mystery even to her; raised in a library in Coerthas by her uncle - a grizzled Miqo'te named R'Rahz. She was told next to nothing of who her parents were, nor why the only heirloom that they left her was a peculiar (and some would say grim) sword. Raised on story books about Knights in Shining Armor fighting evil Dragons and similar, Tehra had wanted to be like them since she had been a child. Though some would argue that at only 17, she still is one. Despite her desires, uncle Rahz had always impressed the importance of taking care of the small library - and staying well and far away from the Temple Knights for poorly explained reasons.

Time, however, waits for no one. And when the shrouded day came that her uncle passed on from life, Z'Tehra was left without a cause. In trepid defiance of her uncle's teaching, Z'Tehra has thus left the frozen lands of Coerthas to seek adventure - and more importantly, purpose. Her cherished heirloom does indeed hold a dark power, but to her it is normal to hear the whispers of the gem embedded in the hilt. Z'Tehra does not behold her great-blade nor darkened Aether as a curse to bare nor a power of desperation - it is simply how she has always been.

Though, in truth, her combat training is rudimentary and instinctive. There is an undeniable potential in someone like her; but not one that will ever unlock nor pledge itself. That would require...others.

((OOC Section:

I'm a long-time RPer who's looking for a fresh start with a new character and new ideas for Stormblood and beyond (and hopefully a bit before, too)! I'm hoping to meet some people who could either help or 'corrupt' Z'Tehra. She's not completely naive, but her sense of justice and judgement comes from story books with a limited understanding of how the real Eorzea works. This should make her an excellent candidate for some skilled Dark Knight to take as an apprentice/squire or perhaps a more righteous person to try and teach actual morality to. Though I will evenly consider the idea that someone criminal or questionable (who seems trustworthy and honest) might be able to 'teach' her that justice is a lie...and to heed more of what the echos of dark knights past demand.

As this is a new character concept for me, I'm still tweaking a few details and welcome constructive critique.))

Josiah is always looking for more companions to travel with him! I think him and Z'Tehra would get along rather well. He has a RPC wiki if you wanted to check out his entire backstory, but the TL;DR of it is: Being raised in the middle of nowhere Coerthas, Josiah was raised by his single mother, and told numerous stories of his heroic father. Compassion, bravery, and honor were drilled into him by those stories, as well as how his mother raised him, and when he was of age he left to travel to Ul'Dah. Spending years as a Gladiator, and then some as a Conjurer, he became a Free Paladin and now wanders all over Eorzea, seeking those who've been wrong and doing all he's able to make things right. He's a cinnamon roll Highlander who desires love and peace for all, and is a walking pile of metal. If you're interested, don't feel afraid to PM here or hit me up in game! Hope to see ya soon!

While I come here not as a Mentor character by any stretch, I'd like to ask if I can bring C'io over to share this journey with Z'tehra -- to whatever mentor she decides on (so this is a plea to the mentors in here as well) and beyond!

C'io is character of strong and high ideals always struggling to reconcile her beliefs with the realities of Eorzea. She can speak in Library, which I'm sure will help, and while on the magician spectrum now, grew up as a hunter and sword-fighter, skills she is at present seeking to return to and polish. Having another character along on that journey would make it much more special for me, definitely.

Additionally, as a researcher, C'io's studies are into public attitudes and policies on "Taboo Magics" and whether such beliefs are deserved or mistaken -- she is someone who may eventually be turned to should Z'tehra's heirloom weapon turn problematic.

C'io also has her own causes, which she believes in fervently, so any interaction between the two could eventually lead to your second ask -- a cause to serve.

Feel free to PM me or poke at me here! I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing your story and concept develop!

• 1 month later...

I can say the OP is a pretty awesome RP'er and does some pretty in-depth stuff, based on my past experience! Folks should totally hook in. 

I'm a little late to this party on account of things being a mess when this post went up, but I'm free to toss Kasi out there as a potential mentor now- especially to other Miqo'te. She operates in the grey spectrum in general with her own 'cause' and morale code, and can teach both polearms and swords. 

Regardless, hope you find something good!