An idea for a Linkshell/Free Company

Loki

So.. I've had this idea swimming around in my head for two or three linkshells under the same Free Company; Involved in a bit of a darker, shady-like story. Not necessarily a villain-esque as in siding with Garleans or anything; but they are a pretty dark group. 

One linkshell would be comprised of a militia type group. Those who excel best at fighting.

The second would be comprised of scholar types. Those who learn and strategies plans and new techniques as well as oversee training as well as experimentation.

And if it all goes well; The third would be comprised of builders and inventors. Who make things for utilizing in activities.

I haven't really planned any further than that and I am seriously open to any and all suggestions. And I'd also like to start gathering fellow players to sort of build a ground for this idea. /nod

Anyway! Thank you for your time and feedback! :chocobo:

Almost this exact concept has been done before and it worked very well, in my opinion. It does take a lot of upkeep, though. If you've got the drive and the support, go for it! Though since we're not sure how free companies work yet, you might have to alter it a bit.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I'll have to alter it if Free Companies don't work the way we all think. But it's always good to brainstorm possible ideas and change them accordingly. ^^

Thank you for the encouragement! Right now I plan to have three different leaders to keep up the three different shells. But in another case it may just all be one big Linkshell.

I think the drive will come with how many supporters I get supporting the idea and how many show interest in wanting to join and plan along with me. But so far I am way psyched to try and get this ball rolling. :D

Sounds like a fun way to go about it, especially since there are bound to be people who want to take advantage of the rebuilding effort to advance their own powers and prestige.

I just recently got back into FFXIV and am in the process of learning all the lore that I've missed, but I'd love to help around, see how it goes!

This sounds like a very fun and (wonderfully) convoluted idea. You would need quite a few members though, due to the multiple tiers, but overall completely worth it. I am extremely interested in how this will evolve from idea to practice and I'd love to help out if you felt you needed it; wishing you the best of luck.

This sounds like a very fun and (wonderfully) convoluted idea. You would need quite a few members though, due to the multiple tiers, but overall completely worth it. I am extremely interested in how this will evolve from idea to practice and I'd love to help out if you felt you needed it; wishing you the best of luck.

I am equally interested in what ideas you have regarding the dark element you mean in this LS.

Feel free to consult with me about it.

I'll follow your progress.

I would definitely support this idea. My main, Lizzo Trange would fit this "darker" Free Company well as he is a Garlean ex-patriot and former pirate. Part of his character revolves around his search for the instigators of a coup that claimed his father's life. 

Lizzo is a 'shady' and calculating individual who would fit well into the second, scholarly, faction.

If you need any help building this thing, or just want to bounce ideas around let me know.

So much love to you all for supporting this! ;w; I recently posted artwork of one of the Head Honcho's of said organization over in the art section. That guy will be my main. 

If anyone would be interested; Please add me to skype! My skype is Ravijioli Can't wait to hear from you all so we can start planning!

I'm curious to see this develop. I was a member of Sanctus Refero, and while it did not have the "dark" element you are talking about, it was a functioning LS with branches similar to this (lots of RP).. but at the same time, non-functioning (no real RP relating to the purpose of the LS). xD

I'm curious to see this develop. I was a member of Sanctus Refero, and while it did not have the "dark" element you are talking about, it was a functioning LS with branches similar to this (lots of RP).. but at the same time, non-functioning (no real RP relating to the purpose of the LS). xD

Well as I said previously; depending how Free Companys work with Linkshells sort of alters the plans. ^^

The free Company would probably be the title of the entire organization, with the linkshells being titled the sub organizations within the group. 

I'm super curious to see if the Free Company has a chat that allows all Linkshells joined with it to utilize it. If the case is that Linkshells can be brought in under the Free Company.

But yes! Need more ideas and more planning!

I'll admit it reminds me a little of the structure of the Outer Heaven LS (still can't utter the LS name without snickering a little now that I know where its creator borrowed it from) - with the four pillars and kind of a bigger LS encompassing smaller subdivisions each with a vastly different purpose.  So many memories!  So much nostalgia!

It seems like a great idea and I'm looking forward to seeing more how it unfolds!!  :thumbsup:

Thank you Eva for the big encouragement! :D

Things are already starting to unfold as far as planning goes and ideas for a base story are starting to get thrown around. 

And I'm still open to suggestions from anyone! ^^ So feel free to add me to skype to join the conversation!

Also- What must one do to use the FFXIV RP Wiki to start jotting down finalized character drafts? ;w;

Things are already starting to unfold as far as planning goes and ideas for a base story are starting to get thrown around. 

And I'm still open to suggestions from anyone! ^^ So feel free to add me to skype to join the conversation!

Also- What must one do to use the FFXIV RP Wiki to start jotting down finalized character drafts? ;w;

Since you already have a RPC account you are half way there :D

Just log in to the wiki with the same information you use here on the main site and then follow this guide (it's in Xenedra's getting started post):

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=RPC_Library:Character_page_tutorial

Edited to correct mistake. Thank you Deirdre

Since you already have a RPC account you are half way there :D

Just log in to the wiki with the same information you use here on the main site and then follow this guide (it's in Xenedra's getting started post):

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=RPC_Library:Character_page_tutorial

Edited to correct mistake. Thank you Deirdre

The guide to using the wiki is in Xenedra's 'getting started' post on the welcome forums, please let me know if you have any problems with the wiki! :)

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1821

Thank you both! ^^