Tis a Pleasure

Echo

Introductions

Howdy there!  You can call me Echo!  It was supposed to be something else but my iPad went auto-correct ninja on me and changed it when I wasn't looking~  It doesn’t seem too bad of a name, so I’m going to stick with it!  I haven’t gotten the chance to play FFXIV at all because I was one of those few PS3 Users that were also Apple enthusiasts that never quite learned how to use Bootcamp correctly(In all likely hood I might be the only one, but I like to convince myself that there are others that have quietly been brooding about, waiting for the PS3 port to release >.> 

MMORPG Background History

So for starter’s, my MMORPG background is actually pretty strange and very non-linear now that I’ve given it some serious thought.  My first exposure to MMORPG’s came from Diablo II and it’s subsequent expansion set, mainly because I looked up to my uncle and always wanted to follow in his foot steps.  I played that game casually for a little over two years before getting bored, also because I eventually realized the multiplayer portion of the game was littered with glitched and modded items.

The next game I came across was MapleStory, however that was a pretty strange thing for me as I ended up playing that game on and off for a little over six years before quitting all together.  All the meanwhile, in between that time span, I was also exposed to Final Fantasy XI and only got to play for a few months.  I was too young to make an account but I had a relative to share his account with me.  I had my own character slot, however he ended up neglecting the warning popped up every time the game started up and sort of ignored his own life and didn’t stop until he lost his scholarship because of poor grades.  

After that little stint, I also played a game called Fiesta, which had left me some memorable times and definitely taught me the most about party dynamics before in game drama had been inadvertently pulled into real life to the point where I quit the game and stopped using my PC all together, bringing an effective end to MMORPG’s while I had other things to focus on.

RP Experience

My RP experience is something that I consider to be a shaming part of my life because of how it all started.  Originally, it was something innocent enough at the time, because I had a tendency to play female characters.  Apparently my mannerisms had a feminine appeal and it escalated to the point where I ended up blatantly lying about my own identity in real life and adopted a whole new persona.

It was a rather guilty though freeing experience to be able to act without any imposed expectations.  I rolled through a rather large portion of my middle school and high school life having completely polarizing social lives respectively in reality and on the internet until both worlds started clashing, resulting in some rather intense moments that were resolved through a restraining order, and moving away after graduation.  

Since then, I had been on and off, roleplaying on a website called Gaia Online, along with taking it into real life in sense. ...Though I suppose Goffman's presentation of self would suggest that everything in life can be regarded as role-playing to some degree, but I'm getting off topic.

Character Ideas

While I do have intentions of making multiple characters in the long run, what I currently have in mind is a female Roegadyn raised Hellguard.  With a light skin tone, suggesting lineage from both Hellguard and Sea Wolves alike, she uses the old language form time to time in tangent with how she speaks.  I want her to be somewhat of an over-enthusiastic type that simply tries too hard when she wants to do well.  I don't think I have her quite fleshed out however though..

How did you learn about the coalition?

I honestly had no idea this forum existed, until someone brought up the topic of a Role-Playing dedicated server on the Zam Forums.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

In some aspects I would say I'm a heavy role-player though I think it's safer to say that I'm a medium role-player.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? 

I figure I might as well throw it out there...I was born male though I have since become a woman in most regards.  So...I suppose when you hear about those guys that pose on the internet as a girl, I'm one of those!  ...Except I took it a few steps further~

I'm 22 years old and I currently attend college.  Past experiences have made me an intensely private person and I lead something comparable to a double life with a fake identity(I'm not sure if I should admit to that) whenever I'm not on campus.  I'm not sure what else I should add...Please treat me well? :love:

Thank you kindly for your responses.  It's a pleasure to meet you all as well!  I have a minor inquiry, about servers.  As far as I understand, Balmung will be the primary server for RP-ers, however I would prefer to start off in a new server if possible.  Will there be an 'unofficial' server for new characters?

Thank you kindly for your responses.  It's a pleasure to meet you all as well!  I have a minor inquiry, about servers.  As far as I understand, Balmung will be the primary server for RP-ers, however I would prefer to start off in a new server if possible.  Will there be an 'unofficial' server for new characters?

At the moment we'll be staying on Balmung, which will remain the unofficial RP server. This is due to a large amount of people here already being on Balmung and being literally unable to transfer our characters to a new server at launch.

While there are some RPers on other servers of course, many of the new RPers are joining us on Balmung, which I am totally thrilled to see! :) There will be plenty of new people on Balmung to play through things with, and loads of us here are willing to help people "catch up" if they want. I do hope you'll consider joining us there!

Welcome to the RPC!

And if you are looking for another server to RP on, message Lilszee - he was also expressing interest in starting off in a new server and mentioned quite a few people would join him.

Welcome! I recognize that avatar from Zam~

Balmung will indeed likely remain the primary RP server. However, we will show support toward those who wish to join another fresh RP server (though one should be warned, Rp population may differ between the two). Should SE not speak up on the official RP server debate, we'll hold a poll here on these forums for people like you who want a secondary fresh RP server 8-)

Such a warm welcoming bunch!  I don't think I'll have any trouble, growing to love this community~  

I was already under the notion that if there was going to a New RP server at all, it wasn't going to be quite as populated as the Legacy server.  Despite my love for Role-Playing, I'm a little hesitant about starting anew in a server full of high level people.  The capitalist in me is slightly concerned as I tend to have some rather 'expensive' tastes and habits(Don't judge me!)  Though I do enjoy playing arm candy and submissive roles are more appealing, I don't like to be forcibly dependent on others, if that makes any sense. . . 

Welcome! I recognize that avatar from Zam~

Balmung will indeed likely remain the primary RP server. However, we will show support toward those who wish to join another fresh RP server (though one should be warned, Rp population may differ between the two). Should SE not speak up on the official RP server debate, we'll hold a poll here on these forums for people like you who want a secondary fresh RP server 8-)

Glad to hear it Kylin!