Keepers of the Moon in Othard?

Is it possible for there to be Keepers of the Moon clans in Othard? If so, where would they most likely be located? Would it be acceptable for their names to conform to standard Miqo'te naming conventions, but with Othard (Chinese/Japanese) elements mixed in it?

As of this point in time we don't even have a hint of that even being a thing. So far the only races confirmed being present in Othard are Hyur, Roegadyn, Lalafell, and Au Ra. Not even Elezen seem to be present in Othard thus far. Now we of course have not seen all of Othard so this is only true thus far for Doman, the Azim Steppes, and Hingashi. So a whole entire clan of them seems to be quite a bit of a stretch, that said it isn't entirely impossible to be a miqo'te from Othard you'd just have to do a good job of explaining it. The Garlean forces of course are an easy way, seeing as conscripts are taken from provinces (like Ala Mhigo) and sent elsewhere in the Empire to serve. This could easily put a miqo'te in Doma during her occupation and they settled down there.

Like Silmanos said, we haven't seen any Miqo'te native to the Far East yet, but it's totally feasible that Miqo'te could have traveled there in the last 80~100 odd years since Eorzean and Far Eastern trade really took off. 

This post might help with brainstorming some ideas:

http://mirkemenagerie.tumblr.com/post/167069872424/hi-lore-mom-is-there-any-information-about-miqote

Keepers are a bit of a tough one since we don't really have any evidence of them living outside the Shroud. Though the fact they run on family units rather than outright tribes probably means you could put a small batch of Keepers anywhere there's game to hunt and trees for cover. Probably depends on what kind of story you want to tell. Did you and your parents move to Othard? Did they move for trade, or did they go to aid the Domans in resisting the Empire? Or were you born to a Imperially conquered family that moved in as part of the occupation? Or were you born there, in which case your parents probably migrated to Doma before the Imperial occupation even began.

As for naming, I'd say it depends how long they've been there. Unless we're talking a long-established family, though, they probably still use traditional Keeper names.

Your best bet if you want to go with this is to play up the Othardian miqo'te group as being very, very isolated. This will largely avoid the issue of lore contradiction, since it therefore makes sense why an NPC might at some point comment about there being no miqo'te from Othard. Well, of course the NPC wouldn't know about them, they were total hermits living high in the mountains, pretty much nobody knew they were even there.

6 hours ago, Silmanos said:

So far the only races confirmed being present in Othard are Hyur, Roegadyn, Lalafell, and Au Ra. Not even Elezen seem to be present in Othard thus far.

Lalafells? I don't remember well, where did we see some of them natives already?

5 hours ago, Sohki said:

Keepers are a bit of a tough one since we don't really have any evidence of them living outside the Shroud.

If I remember correctly we have hints of Keeper clans living in the primeval forest of the Farreach (the region on top of Dravania, you can also see a bit of it beneath Idyllshire, or so people speculate). Old lore though, haven't checked on it since I started playing. Might have to give it another go someday...

Also, Meracydia and possibly Ilsabard... With literally even less lore blurbs about it. 

Anyway a good idea when you want to play races that aren't native to Othard can usually be playing the card of the foreign expatriates. A lot of those live daily in the Ijin part of the Kugane port city in Hingashi, and as mentionned already there is always the Garlean influence.

Edited by Valence
42 minutes ago, Valence said:

Lalafells? I don't remember well, where did we see some of them natives already?

Ironically the only Othardian Lalafells we are shown are in Eorzea already. There are a few NPCs stating that they are from Othard, but that is the only indication of such as like you I don't actually remember spotting them in any of the Othard zones we were given.

I was thinking that since we can hire Miqo’te/Elezen/Lalafell Hokinin NPCs, there theoretically should be some population of them that have lived for at least 2-3 generations in Othard.

Thank you all so much for giving this newbie the time of day and for this great discussion so far!

My Keeper’s name is Yukih Yehqu and I’ve gotten quite attached to the name. I’ve also made a post on Character Workshop seeking help/ideas for her backstory.