Returning player, but new in the RP world.

Hello guys,

I'm Kari (or Kairi in game), and I'm coming back to FFXIV, but since I don't remember a single thing about the gameplay, I decided to start a new character, and this time I would like to do some RP. The only problem is that, I've never done RP in an MMO before, and also English is not my first language, so I'm afraid to annoy people somehow. That said, I would really love some tips, if you guys could, or maybe a mentor? /o/

Anyway, here some info if that would help.

MMORPG Background

To be honest, the only MMO I've played massively was Ragnarok online, after that I only played offline games, and mostly RPGs.

RP Experience

I used to play in chats and things of the sort... And does tabletop rpg games count?

Character ideas/info

My characters tend to be neutral and serious. But, this time, I'm trying something different and doing a clumsy/happy miqo'te.. but I'm not sure yet 😓

What kind of a role-player are you aimingto be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

since I'm a newbie of the sort I'd say I'm want to start it light, but aiming to be a heavy role-played 😊

And something about me... I really love Otome games/novel games, and sometimes I like to write silly stuff with a friend. 

Welcome :) My best advice would be to make an alt on Mateus, and go check out the quicksand. It's the best place to see rp in action. If you need any more help, don't hesitate. ❤️Also, be aware you can only make alts during non peak times. So if it's closed, try again in a few hours :)

Edited by Neneso Neso

*waves* I actually just transferred to the Siren server. If you're looking for someone to play through the game and RP with, I would be up for it! I am kind of new too since I don't have much time on this game yet. Only a few months or so. Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it 😊

15 hours ago, Neneso Neso said:

Welcome :) My best advice would be to make an alt on Mateus, and go check out the quicksand. It's the best place to see rp in action. If you need any more help, don't hesitate. ❤️Also, be aware you can only make alts during non peak times. So if it's closed, try again in a few hours :)

I made an alt on Mateus as you said, and  checked the quicksand, it was really nice thanks for the advice, unfortunately I was too shy to engage into conversation, anyway, I know that eventually I'll get into action.

Again thanks for the welcoming guys ❤️ 

Edited by himekari
On 6/29/2018 at 12:44 PM, himekari said:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it 😊

I made an alt on Mateus as you said, and  checked the quicksand, it was really nice thanks for the advice, unfortunately I was too shy to engage into conversation, anyway, I know that eventually I'll get into action.

Again thanks for the welcoming guys ❤️ 

Well, you're always welcome to come by our company :) We don't get as bit crowds and we got a lot of folk that will engage conversation if you hand around. Here's our discord ❤️

I'd be happy to help in any way if you have questins but the best advice it to just get out there! :D That first step is the hardest.

discord.gg/TWUEWem