Hi... *waves*

So not a new player in ff14 but I have come and gone a few times trying to get into the game.  I have never actually roleplayed in the game but have in a few other games (WoW, Eq2, GW2, TSW, and SWTOR).  Each time I have tried to rp in ff14 I end up being too shy cause I know nothing of the lore in the game and well everyone in any spot I found look all fancy and intimidating lol.  But I am here again to give it a try..... Hopefully it goes well. *edit* I forgot to say I am on the Balmung server. 

MMORPG background: I have played just about every mmorpg that has  come out.  I mainly stuck with eq2, wow, and swtor.

RP experience: I have been roleplaying since I was 14 with table top Robotech then to D&D 2E and it just ignited from there.  I first rped in a mmorpg back in eq2.

Character ideas/info:  I still not sure what I want my characters story to be I am horrible at this stuff and just kind of make it up as I go and hope things work.  Not knowing the lore of the very well if at all makes this even harder.  I guess for the most part something easy like a merc just looking for a job would be about it.  

How did you learn about the coalition?  I googled final fantasy 14 roleplayers and this site came up back in 2013 when I first tried to get into ff14 rp.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy) I can be anywhere from a medium to heavy rper but I do get distracted sometimes when I go quest or lvling characters.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.) I'm Male and celebrated my *cringes* 40th birthday yesterday.  Dang i'm getting old.   I work retail management for a ma and pa department store and tend to play odd hours since my schedule is always crazy. 

Oh and before anyone says yes I know Corban Dallas isn't how it is spelled in the movie but it is always the easiest version of the name to get in a game.  *Multi-pass*  I hope to meet some of you in game when I reactivate my account tomorrow and hopefully can find a FC that will let me join up and stumble my way through some rp.   Thank you all for reading and happy times! :)

Edited by CorbanDallas

Hey there and big bada boom! 😁 It seems we share some things in common! I too am too shy to RP because I feel a bit intimidated by some of the fancy roleplayers I've come across. I usually just stand off to the side and eavesdrop on RP like some weirdo creeper because I don't know lore well enough to feel comfortable jumping in. I also have no idea what I'm doing with my character's story...so yeah you're definitely not alone. Anywho, welcome and happy belated birthday! 🎉

Hey everyone thank you for the replies and likes.   I have been creeping around watching people in the cities too though I think they all seem to be talking in I think linkshells?  Is that what they are called?  Tuulai if you see me around the cities lurking also don't hesitate to say hi.  :)

On 1/4/2019 at 2:15 AM, CorbanDallas said:

Each time I have tried to rp in ff14 I end up being too shy cause I know nothing of the lore in the game and well everyone in any spot I found look all fancy and intimidating lol.

I still not sure what I want my characters story to be I am horrible at this stuff and just kind of make it up as I go and hope things work.  Not knowing the lore of the very well if at all makes this even harder.  I guess for the most part something easy like a merc just looking for a job would be about it.

If you're having trouble with the lore, maybe the Lore Index can help some? It's far from all encompassing but it could give you a pretty good place to start learning more lore if that helps you feel better about getting into character. Hope this helps!