Hexblade Feasibility?

Hey everyone. I am building up a new character on Mateus (Male Keeper), and am looking forward to roleplaying. I thought about making someone who was very into magic but... eeeh? I miss Tanking too much and I've never been much of a healer. So I had an idea to make someone similar to a Hexblade Warlock from D&D, minus a patron; Someone of a half martial skillset/ half into thaumaturgy/conjury to enhance that martial prowess. My question is: How feasible would this be in the world of FFXIV?

Edited by The-Penman
add in

Weapon enhancing spells are very common in Eorzea. Those are called enthunder, enfire, etc. They basically transfer a magical property to the weapon attacks, like a burning sword, or a spear crackling with levin, etc. This is also one of the classical FF jobs seen in some other titles (Spellblade). Even gladiators are known to use other variants in the forms of Flash, the ability that concentrates aether on the tip of their weapons to provoke a blinding light.

Enhancing martial prowess though is usually done through various means depending on the medium the job user relies on to draw their aether. Monks will directly tap into the energy/aether flowing through their chakras and channel it through their bodies for example. Dragoons will use it to jump yalms into the skies, etc.

Edited by Valence
  • 2 months later...