[Mateus] New sprout rolling in! :D

Hi! My name's Dani, but you can call me Maria (character name), Ish/Columbus (it's a long story), or whatever you feel comfortable with. I enjoy reading, drawing, video games, and of course RP! You can see some of my drawings here. I've done forum/informal chat RPs since I was a kid and jumped in and out of playing D&D until I fell in love with 5e.

I dabbled in MMOs a bit in high school, but haven't been engrossed in any as much as FFXIV. It's been a lot of fun! I've seen people RPing here and there (as well as overheard people saying that Mateus is apparently an RP server), but couldn't quite figure out how to jump into it in-game. I figured it was rude to interrupt people in the middle of RP. Not only that, but the further I got in the game, the more I realized that the character I'd made is kind of a hot mess!

I just sorta picked what I thought looked cool during character creation. I named her "Maria" as a reference to FF6, with the last name "Laurent" because it was pretty and flowed better than the generated surnames. I chose Au Ra because they're cute, gave her my birthday, and then just picked the deity corresponding to that month... which was Halone.

It wasn't until I'd gotten almost through ARR that I realized that I'd made my lizard sound Elezen as hell. She's the Elezen-equivalent of a weeaboo. An Eleboo. Oh lawd.

And now I'm in Ishgard and learning the relationship they've had with the Au Ra. OH LAWD.

At first I thought I'd have to fanta her to Elezen to get into any serious RP, because nothing about it made sense. But you guys, I think I'm gonna roll with this trash fire. I'm gonna see if I can write my way into a character background that makes some kind of sense.

Anyway! I think I've rambled a bit. I just wanna say, I think this community is really cool. I look forward to meeting you all!

Edited by Columbus Rayburn
Adding tags