Hello! Completely New to XIV RP :'3 [NA DC]

Hi guys, I'm Byzantene and as the title suggests I am entirely new to roleplaying in FF14 and would like to try my hand at it!

I did review the Intro to Eorzea thread, but it looks like the links to resources there are broken? So I thought I'd introduce myself and ask for help here :)

A bit of background about me, I have RPd outside of XIV before.

It wasn't until I started playing about a month ago that I fell in love with the world and discovered there is roleplay to be had here~

Not sure if there is a good thread describing how to begin RPing, but I would be so grateful if someone could help me to get started.

I have a lvl 57 main on Gilgamesh, but I think I would like to create a new character for roleplay purposes on a different NA server (thinking Brynhildr, Hyperion, Lamia or Malboro? But I'm open to joining any North American server) so if there's a world you recommend I would welcome your expertise.

Thank you and looking forward to having some fun :D

Edited by Byzantene

Welcome!

If you want to stick to rping on Aether datacenter, Gilgamesh and all the other Servers have united in a discord for community rp events and for finding one-v one rps and plots as well. I believe Gilgamesh rp community also has their own personal server discord for rpers as well.

Hello there! Fellow XIV RP newbie here :D

You may want to consider having your alt on Balmung or Mateus -- really any Crystal server, since you can do World Visit. The Crystal DC is much more saturated with RPers so you should have an easier time!

Hi,

I am working on getting a RP linkshell going on Faerie.

Also looking at making a cross server linkshell to help connect Aether for RP.

So there is RP on Aether, it just does not seem to be as organized or advertised. (I have been on Faerie for 2 years this August and havent seen it, but have seen enough Fc's with RP tags to know it exists.)

If you plan on sticking around on Aether let me know and I will get you in the cross-world linkshell when I get it made.

Edited by ShadeObscura
On 4/29/2019 at 8:52 PM, Orianna Chant said:

Welcome!

If you want to stick to rping on Aether datacenter, Gilgamesh and all the other Servers have united in a discord for community rp events and for finding one-v one rps and plots as well. I believe Gilgamesh rp community also has their own personal server discord for rpers as well.

Orianna, what is the discord server for this or where can I find this info?

12 hours ago, ShadeObscura said:

Hi,

I am working on getting a RP linkshell going on Faerie.

Also looking at making a cross server linkshell to help connect Aether for RP.

So there is RP on Aether, it just does not seem to be as organized or advertised. (I have been on Faerie for 2 years this August and havent seen it, but have seen enough Fc's with RP tags to know it exists.)

If you plan on sticking around on Aether let me know and I will get you in the cross-world linkshell when I get it made.

Hallo!

I've done a small bit of RPing before but never on FFXIV. I've been juggling the idea of RPing since my FC more or less disbanded. I was even thinking about making an alt on Mateus after Shadowbringers was released.

However, if there is a RP community around Aether I could check out, that would be groovy!

My main, and really only character, is on Adamantoise.