Returning Player; Fresh World

Greetings, all. I go by Savader, or "Sav" for short when out of character. As detailed in the title there, I am a returning player (up to about halfway through Stormblood, originally), having been on hiatus for the past year and a half. I decided to create a new character in a different world (Goblin), with my primary intentions being to enjoy the wonderful and beautiful world of Eorzea through roleplay.

I am familiar with the concept of conventional roleplaying (i.e. writing), but must admit that this avenue will be fairly fresh to me. All the same, I am very interested in giving it a go.

Now, I have been told by many sources that the ideal RP communities can be found in either Balmung or Mateus. Question is, should I world hop over to one of them, or does it not matter in the grand scheme of things? Thus, I turn to you fine people for guidance.

How is roleplaying on Goblin, for instance? Are there many available plots of land to purchase? Is the community strong and welcoming? And I'd ask the same of Balmung and Mateus, respectively. How do they stack up against Goblin? Please, share your experiences, preferences, and advice on this matter. I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey there, Sav! Welcome to the RPC!

To help out where I can, it’s true that the most ideal, or active, RP communities within the Crystal Data-center is either located Mateus or Balmung. However! I think it’s important note of the semi-recent update to the game that has allowed travel to different servers within your date-center, so even though you’re on Goblin, you can visit the worlds both Mateus and Balmung due to the simple fact that they’re also located within the Crystal DC. So it may not entirely matter in the grand scheme of things as to rather or not to move over to either of these worlds.

But I think that it’s important to note that while you’re world hopping, some features may not work due to it. While some features may not be entirely too hampering for some folks, but it would wise to take a quick look of it to see if there’s something that may come in conflict when you’re out and about.

(Here's a link for a pretty in-depth analysis of the World Visiting system that I actually use off and on.) https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/contentsguide/worldvisit/

As for Goblin, I’m not entirely sure. My own first-hand experiences with Goblin at all is just as a current housing world for several alts to take advantage of the “Preferred World: Road to 60” buff that people get for making a new character there. Though while I’ve been browsing the RPC every so often, I think I’ve seen actually a new, rising community beginning to grow there as I’ve seen some posts advertising about events being organized. I could be wrong, though.