[Spoiler-ish] Random notes about the First

I'm opening a thread where I can post various interesting tidbits of lore about the First.

Apparently, glamours aren't a thing on the First and are a specific creation of the Source. It was introduced by the Exarch among other things, like gremlins that aren't native to the First as well, and came unfortunately with the Crystal Tower (source: I don't have the image, it's from a FATE in Lakeland).

image.png

Edited by Valence

To wonder why they didn't use those for Eden and chose old malfunctioning linkpearls instead (maybe because said weed withers and dies in the Empty)..

Edited by Valence
  • 2 weeks later...

Not specific to the First per se, but the Viera/Vis have superior hearing. How exactly compared to other races with superior hearing (elezens/duskwights and especially lalafells), that remains to be discovered...

image.png

1 hour ago, Valence said:

Not specific to the First per se, but the Viera/Vis have superior hearing. How exactly compared to other races with superior hearing (elezens/duskwights and especially lalafells), that remains to be discovered...

image.png

Or she's saying they do not have superior hearing at all. That first sentence heavily depends on context preceding it. Possibly the other localizations can help fill in some blanks, as when I was doing those crafter quests, I took it as "Viera/Vis have ordinary hearing" just like a Miqo'te/Mystel does.

Good point but I just can't read it like that myself I guess.

I'm unable to find videos in other languages yet for the facet of crafting quests..

Edited by Valence