A return to FF14

Hey, everyone! I made an introduction here about 4 years ago. I dabbled in a bit of the game, made it to 46 as a Paladin, and even joined a pretty solid FC on Balmung. For some reason though the game just didn't stick. Decided to give it another shot with the latest expansion dropping and I am wondering why I didn't give the game a second chance sooner.

I've been role playing for too long and thoroughly enjoy it. I've rolled up a Double Catman (Hrothgar) named Red Tooth, a take on a long-standing character of mine from a D&D campaign, on Mateus. I welcome RP o all kinds, and though I am interested in a RP FC, I am waiting to see if the game is going to hold my interest long-term. Looking forward to getting back into the community again. I plan on creating a character sheet with pertinent details soonish, but right now Red Tooth is looking to network and make some friends in a land that is entirely alien and overwhelming to him.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking through Welcome Desk posts and realize I missed yours, so I'm a little late to the party 😞

Welcome back to FFXIV! I know how you feel, too! I stopped for a good bit after playing through a good bit of ARR and just felt kinda.. spent.. but we're very happy you decided to give it another go and found us here on the RPC!

Is there even such a thing as RPing for too long? xD - I just hope you continue to have fun and meet some interesting people that make you want to stick around even more!

Welcome aboard @Red Tooth and welcome back to FFXIV! ^_^ You picked a great time to return. I sort of know how you feel, except in my case I only recently started playing the game so I wish I started it sooner. I had good reasons for waiting, but man, FFXIV has been such a blast to play and there's still so much left to see and do! 

Thank you @Kirakira for replying to the thread, I missed it as well but your bump took care of that. :)