Hello, friends!

Hello everyone, thanks for dropping by. My name is Yuki, I'm 25 and very new to the FFXIV roleplaying scene (though thankfully not to RP itself!). I think the introduction template would be helpful here, but please don't leave a note or two and say hello! I love to make friends and chat.

MMORPG background

Gaming has been a huge part of my life for years, specifically the MMO scene. Suffice to say I've tried most of them at least once, sparing perhaps a few in the wake of more recent ventures. I'd love to list them all but truthfully it would take a while, so I'll leave it up to your imagination unless curiosity ensues. As for Final Fantasy, it's been a welcomed change of pace since I began playing roughly one year ago, but I didn't have the courage to explore the RP side until now.

RP experience

Fortunately I do have a veritable wellspring of RP experience up my sleeve, though admittedly I'm also very shy about using it. It's difficult to find reliable RP partners and most of my tabletop-RPG groups have come unraveled with time. I'm excited to dive back in but my confidence may take time to rebuild, so I welcome any helpful advice!

Character ideas/info

Rather than babbling about my characters and ideas I think it would be more enlightening to talk about what kinds of characters I enjoy playing. To put it simply, I find normal and relatable characters much more interesting than overloaded "unique" personas. Seeing a normal character interact with their environment, watching them develop over time and observing how they handle situations is enjoyable. Thus I try to instill the same qualities in my characters.

Believe it or not, I also enjoy tropes! Though not how they're normally employed; a good trope with the proper twist never ceases to please. Final Fantasy's story is a great example, with the common trope of

Spoiler

Light vs Dark being twisted in a way that makes both 'bad' in excessive amounts (No spoilers please, just got to Stormblood!).

How did you learn about the coalition?

Someone on Reddit had replied to a help post suggesting that new roleplayers check the Coalition out. So here I am :D

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

Casual, I think. I enjoy fully immersing myself in a role (thoroughly, in fact), but I'll absolutely remove the tag to chill with friends and play through content. I'm not sure what the difference between Light, Medium and Heavy are, but I imagine it would be something I fluctuated between.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)

Nothing to hide here if anyone is interested! As mentioned before I'm 25, my real name is Star and I work as a hotel receptionist. I love tabletop RPGs, video games, photography, writing, coffee and dogs. I have an unhealthy obsession with grammar and work tirelessly to suppress the damned beast, but otherwise my life is pretty normal.

In any case, thanks for taking the time to read through my banter! I look forward to meeting everyone and hopefully getting to hear your suggestions and comments. Have a great day! :3

Edited by Yuki Estelle
On 4/22/2020 at 10:53 AM, Yuki Estelle said:

but please don't leave a note or two and say hello

Oops. I left a note :P Welcome to the FF14 RP scene! I'm also on Mateus so feel free to hit me up sometime!

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC! o/

I know the pain of campaign groups falling apart. Fortunately you have some options with plugging into guilds that might have stable groups. Personally I've had a lot of success operating with independents, which is really a good sign overall for the community. It's possible to simply exist outside of an RP guild and still find campaign groups that are functional. The one I've run has been steady for the last 4 months so far, and has picked up a couple more players over that time too. 

Best way to get launched is to join the Balmung and/or Mateus Discords, and create a Carrd so you can get yourself out there. From there, the connections largely write themselves!