Hello all!

rhaqnroll

I'm Gideon (xe/xem) and I've been lurking for a while before finally making an account so I could post! Following the little template provided, here's some info about me:

MMORPG background: I've played FFXIV for around 2 years, and prior to that I played WoW off and on for about 6-7 years. Tried GW2 for a bit but it didn't really stick.

RP experience: RP has been a major part of my life since about 2009! I started on MSN and Tumblr (before it got really graphics-heavy with funky fonts in the posts and wacky blog layouts and stuff), and had a couple of brief stints on Dreamwidth, but for the most part for the last 5 years or so I've been doing RP via email with my partner-- who I got to know through RP in the first place!

Character info: I've got a post up in Making Connections, but my main character (A'rhaqa Tia) has hubs on Tumblr and Carrd. I've got a couple ideas for other characters percolating so info on them might be coming in the future!

How did you learn about the coalition? I came across it multiple times when searching for resources about RP in FFXIV, and poked around a bit until now.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Probably medium to heavy; I'm used to lengthy stories and plot arcs and love to really get deeply involved in my characters' lives and their relationships with others.

Other misc. info: When I'm not playing XIV, I'm drawing and designing merch for various fandoms I'm in, or playing other games (faves include the Yakuza series, Ace Attorney, historical citybuilders, chill farming sims, and several other FF titles).

Looking forward to meeting folks here and getting a little less afraid of the newness of XIV RP!!

Hey there!
Welcome to thee community. Should you ever have some questions, feel free to reach out as I still tend to check here often, just not so active in posting.
I'm a big fan of Yakuza so its always nice to run into others that appreciate the art that is Yakuza.