Favorite Comic hero?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But are you THE GODDAMN BATMAN?

Always a good line. It's a shame that the comic that line comes from was a huge piece of shit though. You're better than that, Frank Miller.

I'm Batman....

that is all.

yes.

Oh. Well okay then. Carry on.

Always a good line. It's a shame that the comic that line comes from was a huge piece of shit though. You're better than that, Frank Miller.

I agree. It's such an iconic line, but it's from one of the worst takes on the series.

120__580x380_sandman_lg.jpg

Seconded, but Hellboy is still my #1.

My favourite comic hero?...Good

Question.png

Plus, his replacement is hot (shame she doesn't swing my way):

52_week48_panel.jpg

"A man without answers has two choices: to retreat into the shallow darkness of his own ignorance, or to brave the cruel light of discovery." - Vic Sage

Excellent choice. I love The Question.

Thanks Uther, the Question is awesome (and Rorschach of course).

Guess I should post my runner up too for fun?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqaWmyfH9TS9EAtnciSefBWnYnjst3COohE5ixoHZEE3E6K6Il

Wait no, sorry, this guy:

tumblr_mhzeu1pCm21s3xj2go1_500.jpg

He can also be funny:

Funny+Batman.jpg

But ultimately, this has to happen2439212-1635841_1294698_green_lantern_batman1_super_super.jpg

Hahahaha those pictures were a lot more humorous than the one I put for Batman. Have you read the issue where he wears that ring? It's not as epic as I was hoping. He puts it on for like two frames because Hal Jordan wants to show him what it means to have it. Although he did get a yellow one for spreading more fear than anyone in sector 2814. He rejected that also, though, because he's not an asshole.

...I talk about Batman a lot, sorry. xD

Here is one of my all time favorites, especially now and in Reggie Hudlin's run

uaZqh_rYeUw

2914524-black_panther.jpg

AVX-Black-Panther-Bitchslap-Tony-Stark.jpg

Another awesome choice. I love this thread. Talking comic books is the best.

DC: Batman. No one else even comes close. A normal guy who uses gadgets to keep up with people who have the craziest super powers. Oh, and let's not forget that the ENTIRE JUSTICE LEAGUE fears him. Freakin' yeah.

Marvel: The Incredible Hulk. Always liked him as a kid. Not really all that sure why. I just can't get enough of Hulk smashing things. That said, I love this meme:

v7xcue.jpg

For Supes I suggest reading All Star Superman and J. Michael Strazynski's (sp?) run. I think those are honestly the two best interpretations. Where as All Star is a classic interpretation, Straz's interpretation takes the character to where I'd like to see him.

Too bad DC comics (especially now) are just idiots.

This girl.resdonjaQFW1Chocov.jpg

As for Superman, I recommend Bill's speech at the end of Kill Bill 2. I'm still not too fond of the supe, but the Bill Speech gave me a new perspective on him.

I'm also rather fond of Black Canary, Harley Quinn (I know, not a hero :P), and Iron Man.

rogue___gambit_wallpaper_by_new_moon_nightmikechoi.jpg

Gambit and Rogue were my two fav comic book heros.  Still to this day I love these two..  It really makes me sad how they portrayed him in the origins movie.  I just loved his flare, and how he was always the smooth talker.   And Rogue, other than being my fav was Rhynka's fav as well.

The superman debate doesn't really seem so bad to me, though I got a message or two about it. I'm going to suggest that if you guys really want to continue the discussion and don't feel it belongs here that you take it to PMs. Simple as that : )

In the meantime, if you would like to continue debating in the public forum, the thread has been split for your convenience:

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2680

Thanks!

2490481-dawn01.jpg

Sexy lover to death himself!!!

:love:

"Every time I died I thought of you..."

rogue___gambit_wallpaper_by_new_moon_nightmikechoi.jpg

Gambit and Rogue were my two fav comic book heros.  Still to this day I love these two..  It really makes me sad how they portrayed him in the origins movie.  I just loved his flare, and how he was always the smooth talker.   And Rogue, other than being my fav was Rhynka's fav as well.

I also love and admire Rogue...

Gambit is cool, but he's the guy you shoulda left at the bar when going home!

If I had to choose a favorite...

Rurouni-Kenshin-Wallpaper-HD-8.jpg

"Anime and manga don't count Ellie!" I hear you saying. Maybe not, but Kenshin Himura has the qualities of a superhero. Super speed, super senses, has great skill, and he uses it to save people. Sure, he wasn't bitten by a radioactive spider or sent to earth from a dying star, but those are just icing, really.

And while I do have western superheros that I like a lot, I'd be lying if I listed any of them as my favorite, not when I'll always have this awesome character in the forefront of my mind.

"Anime and manga don't count Ellie!" I hear you saying. Maybe not, but Kenshin Himura has the qualities of a superhero. Super speed, super senses, has great skill, and he uses it to save people.

Him.... and 90% of every other anime character :P Kenshin was awesome and I loved the Samurai X movies, but still I don't think he's appropriate to call a superhero. No more than say, Goku.

Of course, if Kenshin is a viable option I'd like to change my vote to Doctor Who. In 50 years he's probably saved Earth more than any other comic hero in existence. Not only that, but he's saved countless other planets, and time itself, as well.

Much more of an anime guy then a comic guy... western comixxxxx...aahhhhhhh...:?

But:

spider-man2_pole_4681.jpg

And I choose him because of Peter Parker. There's one little trend about every single Super Hero that I kind of.. dislike. That trend has to do with the fact that every single super hero is a super person. What I mean by super person, is that they are always some kind of experiment, or awesome kind of superhuman sort of.. thing.

The identity of the hero always has a billion things going for them. Whether it be, oh, they are some sexy billionaire. They have this awesome genetic mutation. They have double D breasts and a snake tongue. They reap fame, fortune, and they're just the star of the friggin' town.

Even if they are labeled as outcasts or some shit, they are always either sexy, or badass.

Peter Parker / Spider-Man.. was the first super hero I saw whom.. was just a guy.

Not just a guy, but a teen, someone young, who eventually goes to college and stuff but y'know.. he's a geek. A nerd. An awkward somewhat-socially unsuccessful person.

He's nothing... special. That's what I love about him. How he ends up becoming a Superhero by accident.

I suppose Captain America is somewhat the same but... he becomes this huge, ripped hunk. Peter get muscles, yeah, but it's a swimmer's body. It's nothing too.. ridiculously photoshop-magazine glamorous.

He's not arrogant. Or full of himself. Or a witty talker-doer. He's just trying to do what he thinks is right, and his struggle is something I can relate to.

He reminds me of what would happen if just some.. boy, happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. With great power, comes great responsibility and the responsibility aspect I also love about him.

Aren't you happy I didn't say Deadpool?