Getting Gil

pcfan99

I recently started playing this game and am looking for a quick way to get Gil. Does anyone have any interesting way or good article? Unfortunately, I don't have much time for long farming this currency. 

aMHfGVn1iay9EZt3WVVl5olDXTayEUZa.png?w=3

Edited by pcfan99

Truth be told, gil is mostly useless in this game for general gameplay. You'll easily accumulate enough for repairing your gear through playing the game as normal and after that, it's really only used for teleports or if you want to attempt to buy a house, which moreso depends on your home world's availability.

I've seen some people amass a fair amount by reselling NPC vendor items on the market boards because people don't really go to check who sells what. And crafting/gathering materials that are in medium/high demand usually sell pretty alright too. 

Otherwise for casual gil earning, treasure maps with friends/FC members/(even random parties) is a good way to get some gil and possibly some rare things to sell too, if you're not looking to get into some extreme crafting/gathering and market play.

You can gather, craft, and make profits on the marketboards. That's generally how you make big gil. Otherwise, I'd recommend just making your way through the MSQ and to level 80 if you haven't already. For passive/fast gil, send your retainers on ventures, do your roulettes and challenge logs, wondrous tails, and do treasure maps. And remember to extract materia from any of your gear that has reached 100% spiritbond. It's a little difficult to make a lot of gil easily and quickly because like Franz mentioned, it's not really important to the game. It's mostly for more cosmetic stuff like housing and glamour items.

• 2 months later...

This is my favorite method for making lots of gil, and hey, you get an achievement for your troubles.

This method requires leveling gatherers miner and botanist and 1 or 2 crafters to 80, but it's also one of the most effective means of non-MB gil production as of this patch cycle. You probably should level miner and botanist to 80 in the first place because crafting mats are always in demand, but this lets you sink the resources you farm into instant gil without having to play the marketboard. It's predicated entirely on having the levequest allowances to do it, but those are easy to come by. 

Hope this helps. Also, don't be intimidated by the grind for crafters and gatherers, Leves are incredibly efficient for doing it. Make sure you stock up on the items that boost crafter/gatherer xp while you're at it. I leveled both miner and botanist to 80 over a few small afternoons. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2021 at 5:03 PM, Dat Oni said:

This is my favorite method for making lots of gil, and hey, you get an achievement for your troubles.

This method requires leveling gatherers miner and botanist and 1 or 2 crafters to 80, but it's also one of the most effective means of non-MB gil production as of this patch cycle. You probably should level miner and botanist to 80 in the first place because crafting mats are always in demand, but this lets you sink the resources you farm into instant gil without having to play the marketboard. It's predicated entirely on having the levequest allowances to do it, but those are easy to come by. 

Hope this helps. Also, don't be intimidated by the grind for crafters and gatherers, Leves are incredibly efficient for doing it. Make sure you stock up on the items that boost crafter/gatherer xp while you're at it. I leveled both miner and botanist to 80 over a few small afternoons. 

Thanks BunBun, I need more Gil. And I have lots of time on my hands...

• 6 months later...
On 5/17/2021 at 5:03 PM, Dat Oni said:

I've been slowly trying to get my stuff up. Miner to 70, botanist to 60, but man it's a slow slog getting them ranked up. Glad it'll payoff eventually!

EDIT: Wow, I did not realize this post was so old... uhh, topic boost I guess?

Edited by Blze001