Character Tropes!

Bye, productivity.

General

Just Like Robin Hood - Ty's overarching philosophy

Outlaw - Goes with the above

Pirates - Ty is most definitely a Type 2

Loveable Rogue - Strongly ties into his Robin Hood mentality

Gentleman Thief - He often crosses over into this

Smoking is Cool - Ty is often seen with some form of cigarette.

Combat Pragmatist - Any fight he can walk away from, Ty considers a 'fair' fight.

Chaotic Good

Badass Beard - C'mon, look at him.

Awesome Ego/Small Name, Big Ego - Ty is an odd combination of both of these

Large Ham - Om nom nom scenery

Adventurer Archaeologist - For all his claims to be a pirate, Ty really falls more under this.

Distracted by the Sexy - Highly susceptible.

The Captain

Cool Boat - Has one

Let's Get Dangerous - Due to his usual laid back, charming and flirtatious mannerisms, Ty has a certain degree of this.

Relationships

Chivalrous Pervert - So, so much

Handsome Lech - Goes with the above

Commitment Issues - In abundance

I probably could have done a lot more, but here we go.

Dark and Troubled Past - Abandoned by his original parents because he was believed to be evil, raised by the leader of a dark secret society, Ashren definitely has a dark and troubled past.

Dark Is Not Evil - Ashren is broody and cold hearted, but he isn't exactly evil, morally gray is more like it.

Evil Albino - Ashren is more a combination of this trope and the one below, especially given it is suggested for the "Antihero Albino."

Heroic Albino - See above.

The Sacred Darkness - Ashren lives in the shadows, practices Black Magic, and believes that dark power is not by nature evil, it is all in the way it is wielded, so definitely a part of this.

Conventionally an Orphan - See above about being abandoned.

The Idealist - He ultimately believes that what he and the Blades do is good, even if their methods are not always as such, and whole heartedly believes some day Eorzea will not need him or his methods.

Merchant Prince - The Blades (and by extension him) control a number of subsidiary shops and businesses, so while he is in no way on par with the Syndice he is sort of a Merchant Prince, though this isn't public knowledge at all.

The Stoic - Doing what he and his kin do, he has been forced over the years to remove all emotion from the equation and remains unphased in dire situations.

Scars Are Forever - Ashren is covered in scars from his training with his father.

Good Scars, Evil Scars - Scars are cool.

Must... stop... pressing... random...

Neutral Good: He's a good guy, but not overly concerned with the law of the land. He just likes being helpful.

Humble Hero: Don't expect him to take credit for anything he does. The act is the reward, and recognition makes him uncomfortable.

The Anti-Nihilist: If he learned anything from the Calamity it's that life is short and needlessly cruel, so why not be nice while you can?

Combat Pragmatist: Clashing with his alignment, Monty doesn't believe in drawing things out for no reason. If he's fighting you chances are you deserve a beating, and he's not going to waste time with honor his enemy doesn't deserve.

Knight Errant: He's a classic White Knight.

The Insomniac: Carteneau left him with bad dreams.

Exhausted Eye Bags: Not sleeping isn't exactly healthy.

Eyepatch After Timeskip: Lost an eye during the Calamity.

The Quiet One: He's a bit shy.

Nice Guy: Monty'd give you the shirt off his back - providing it's not too chilly out.

No Social Skills: A lifetime spent avoiding social interaction has left him fairly bad at it.

Properly Paranoid: He's a firm believer in Murphy's Law, and is constantly on the lookout for life to implode around him.

The Reliable One: He keeps his word, for good or bad.

The Slacker: Not so much anymore, but before the world got blown up by a dragon Monty wasn't exactly a go-getter.

Working on a new character (possibly even my main) named Eko Tenok. I'll have him fully ready by phase 4, and a short story posted about him hopefully by tomorrow. Consider these tropes a "teaser trailer"

Raised by Wolves - Close enough. Eko's people do not have religion, technology, money, a written language, oral legends, or anything more advanced than stone tools.

Hungry Jungle - First twenty-some cycles of his life.

Lost World - Eko's jungle-island birthplace. No one (including Eko) knows exactly where it is on a map or what it's called.

Noble Savage - Raised in a primitive tribe of people who barely understand tools.

Wild Child - See "Noble Savage"

Walking Shirtless Scene - From birth to age twenty-something, Eko lived one long Shirtless Scene coupled with Loin Cloth.

The Berserker - Eko is sophisticated until he enters a fight. Old habits die hard.

Chaotic Good - Coming from a place with no defined law structure, Eko sees most authority figures as a nuisance at best and oppressors at worst.

Determinator - Comes from both his bestial nature (in combat) and his obsession with the world outside of his jungle more than any specific altruism.

Cultured Badass - Eko is a complete xenophile, and has learned to emulate sophisticated society.

Genius Bruiser - Has an affinity for alchemy and linguistics, despite his history.

Occult Detective - Logic: "It takes the dangerous and unusual to understand the dangerous and unusual." - This one's more of a reference to his membership in Misericorde than anything else.

*claps hands together* So! Let's take a look at L'yhta, shall we?

Catgirl -- She's a miqo'te, so she can't exactly avoid this.

Neutral Good -- Type 2, if you please: for her, the side of Good and Awesome is more than just a concept, it's a way of life. Although...

Good Is Not Soft -- For all her niceness, she'll set a bad guy on fire, then push him off a cliff to make sure she's finished the job -- and maybe hit him with a few more spells on the way down. After all, that's the only way to be sure. And after she does this, she'll immediately go back to being the smiling...

Genki Girl -- "Some people say I'm a bit hyperactive, but you don't think so, do you? I mean, sure, I'm always doing something, but that's just how I am. Speaking of, why don't we go dive into that dungeon over there? C'mon, c'mon! The fate of the world is at stake! *grabs your wrist*" Given the right circumstances, she could even be a Manic Pixie Dream Girl.

Action Girl -- With three kinds of magic at her command, she doesn't need you to save her, since she's a...

Black Magician Girl -- Despite her expertise in healing magics, personality-wise, she fits this trope extremely well.

Celibate Hero -- For the moment, at any rate, due to past family issues; in some instances, she's a Chaste Hero, too.

Hot Blooded -- Loud, exuberant, and over the top: that's often L'yhta's style, especially in combat.

Too Clever by Half -- "Limsa Lominsa's majestifabulous brillancellent sorcerer," indeed. For her, it can fall into Small Name, Big Ego or Awesome Ego, depending on the situation. Pride goeth before the fall; one or more Break the Haughty situations are inevitable (and possibly already in the works).

Crunchtastic -- A particularly annoying characteristic of hers is the tragic forced collision of multiple adjectives to describe herself.

Stranger in a Familiar Land -- She could go home, but after all she's seen, it's unlikely she'd get along very well there.

Glory Seeker -- More or less, proving herself to the world is her primary driving motivation.

Pre-Asskicking One-Liner -- "It's time for your *shocking* finale!" and "You're gonna have a hot time in Toto-Rak tonight!" are but two of many examples.

Hates Being Alone -- Really. She can put up a good show otherwise, but she prefers the company of others, which explains why she sometimes has...

No Sense of Personal Space -- Once she knows you, be prepared for the hugs. And cheek kisses. And other (in her mind, at any rate) non-sexual but overly friendly ways of saying hello.

Fantastic Racism -- Go ahead and ask her about miqo'te dancers in Ul'dah. It's one of her truly and irredeemably Jerkass characteristics.

• 3 weeks later...

Just pushing this up for those who are waiting to get in game. A fun waste of time.

Thanks I was too lazy to look for it and have to do my other characters. :P

Jeanette Lenoire

Kicking Ass In All Her Finery is what she aspires to as a Thaumaturge/Weaver

The Fashionista is half of her, with...

The Lady of Black Magic being the other half.

Dark is not Evil "I prefer to call it 'efficient'." -Jeanette

Combat Pragmatism "Fighting with honor? Please! I aim to win, not inspire poems about my defeat." - Jeanette

Helena Duval

Jack Of All Trades Actually Jane, but details. She's just one of those people who seem talented at everything they try.

Badass Bookworm represents her well as her levels in DoW classes come from Awesomeness by Analysis.

Here are some fun tropes for Virgil!

Absent-Minded Professor

Virgil is often far too interested in magic to commit names of people he has just met to memory. If he forgets your name, it's not personal.

Badass Bookworm

One of the most competent wielders of magic, able to single-handedly fend off enemies statistically more powerful than himself without breaking too much of a sweat. And he's very much a bookworm.

Beneath the Mask

Spoilers... Only those who get to be friends with Virgil will understand this one.

Beware The Nice Ones

Just because Virgil's an incredibly nice guy does not mean that he's a pushover.

Catboy

Comes with the racial territory.

[/url]Exceptionally Tolerant

Virgil is as tolerant as I am. And I have been called "inhumanly tolerant" by some people.

Gentleman and a Scholar

Gentleman Wizard

As intelligent and as skilled with magic as he is, he never forgets his manners.

Gibbering Genius

Virgil (by extension of myself) has been known to... ramble on a number of subjects a bit too much. Rift Theory, the nature of the symbiosis between Carbuncles and Arcanists, etc.

Good Is Not Dumb

Virgil is intelligent. Would be foolish to underestimate that.

My Country Doth Protest Too Much

Made glaringly clear by the blind hatred for the Primals as well as some of the beast races. Virgil is disappointed in the blind views of the Eorzean people and would prefer to establish diplomatic relations with the intelligent beast races rather than mercilessly slaughter them out of fear of their gods. While the Primals are indeed frighteningly powerful, should that automatically force us to commit genocide? Please refer to Pay Evil Unto Evil for more on Virgil's apprehension.

Neutral Good

Virgil believes in morality and law, except when law clashes with morality. When that happens, he will use logic to determine whether morality or law is right.

Politeness Judo

One of Virgil's favorite pastimes, though never from a manipulation perspective. Well, not usually.

Straight Gay

Virgil is a gay man. No one would really know that unless they asked, however. He doesn't make a habit of shouting his sexuality at people.

The Ace

Virgil is good at what he does and he knows it. He doesn't lord this over anyone and never calls out another for being bad, instead offering his aid in their development.

Combat Medic

Contrary to being a full healer build as an Arcanist with a small arsenal of Conjurer spells (including Raise, Esuna, and Protect), Virgil makes full use of his abilities to not only be a support for his party, but makes full utilization of his symbiotic bond with his Carbuncle, simultaneously issuing orders and using both debilitation spells and Ruin to inflict massive amounts of damage.

Even while he is a DPS according to the game rules, he is a fully functioning healer while in the DPS role, providing backup healing when needed. On the flip side of that, as a Conjurer in the Healer role, he is just as functional as a DPS. While he does not have access to many of the Arcanist's most debilitating spells and is temporarily disconnected from his Carbuncle, he is still a formidable force.

Gradual Grinder

This is certainly half of what being an Arcanist is all about.

Mighty Glacier

Virgil can dish out the hurt and take a beating himself, but he is very hard-pressed to finish a battle quickly, due to the nature of his spells. Casting Time + Majority of spells being DoT = Slow Finishers.

Oh boy. Well... this is definitely gonna take some thought. The original Corelyn (from WoW) was, at the time I left, a Broken Bird Hikkikomori who had taken far too many hits from life to really have anything close to happiness outside of forcing herself to try. That said, yay getting back to basics and reinventing her, hopefully, a bit of a happier way (since good RP doesn't -always- go the way you want X-D).

Badass Bookworm

This is, quite simply, the basis of Corelyn's existence. Aside from her "darker" style of dress, she is relatively unimposing - short, mousey, and rather fragile - but her mind makes up for that and then some. Simply put, she's a "total screaming genius." (Points to whomever gets that reference.)

Meganekko (Glasses Girl)

It's rather uncertain whether or not she -needs- glasses, given she can function well without them, but Corelyn will tell you that she wears them to correct a small issue that irks her when reading. She just opts to wear them all the time. If I'm RPing Corelyn actively, no matter what level or gear I have... you can bet her head gear will be a pair of glasses.

Measuring the Marigolds

Corelyn tends to see more from her books and brain than from her eyes. Everything, at first glance, is reduced to numbers, figures, and equations. Everything must be explained. Beauty and the like are nice, so long as she knows the -reason- they are that way first, and often, she will see beauty in things no one else can from the complexity and impossibility involved in their being.

Genius Cripple

While not completely disabled in any major way, Corelyn is fragile at best, leading her gait to be very cautious and calculated. More often than not, she is liable to be wounded much worse than most. However, she makes up for this by (over-)compensating with her intellect. Ties in directly with... 

Glass Cannon / Squishy Wizard

She can dish it out, but she certainly can't take it. A force to be reckoned with, whether it's in some accident in scribbling arcanima designs in her tomes or just taking a hit a bigger, tougher person could shrug off easily, a decent hit could grievously wound her. To this end, she's forced to compensate greatly - that is, when she's not diverting her full attention to something else.

Squishy Wizard applies primarily to this Corelyn as most other versions are technology-reliant and are disabled in both physical and magical abilities (come on Magitek class! >_>).

Magic is Mental

This is kind of a universal thing. Smart = magic!

Disabled Snarker

Especially snarky if she's nursing some sort of wound or otherwise at a disadvantage due to her physical ineptness, Corelyn's prone to snark in the first place - but is especially prone to being Enraged by Idiocy.

The Spock

This is more a mistake that others make. While her cool head and tendency toward an apathy-like calm, people tend to see her as emotionless, cold and logical. However, she's...

No So Stoic

She bottles things up, be it positive or negative emotion, and eventually releases them in bursts, often to herself or at overwhelming moments. This is often fairly contained or limited to so much as a fit of laughter or a breakdown behind closed doors. There are also some things she doesn't bother holding back. However, when things get extreme enough and she has no outlet...

Rant-Inducing Slight

When she finally can't take anymore of the stupid, the ignorant, or just anything in general that is pissing her off, she will likely go off the deep end and start screaming at whomever happened to be the last straw. Though it will not always be at that person in particular. She may just fume until she sees that person next, then explode without warning into a "The Reason You Suck" Speech. She's a little too good at those.

I Work Alone

While not entirely averse to help, she will more often than not decline. This is mostly due to her confidence in her own ability to complete a task with the utmost efficiency, and that adding another party would complicate her calculations with too many variables or unknowns. She will, however, work with people she can predict.

Socially Awkward Hero

She has no fear of going into the wilds to test a new spell or pattern from her tomes, but when confronted with most sorts of social interaction... she'll procrastinate, often even blowing it off entirely. While she does possess some manner of social skill, she's still rather awkward due to her general disinclination to be in such situations.

Too Clever by Half

Be careful if Corelyn's writing in a one of her tomes or grimoires... while she's got a brilliant mind, she's far from perfect and is known to have some spectacular failures. More than once has she blown up a grimoire by accident, set her immediate surroundings ablaze, or even blown herself up.

Familiar

Somewhat obvious, given the Arcanist class and Carbuncle. Hers is named Xiin (ZEEN). The difference in the Emerald and Topaz are simply different forms of the same.

There are probably a lot more, but... I'm gonna stop while I'm ahead. This is bad for my Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!

Aaaugh, the time-wastey. I approve, though. 'tis fun. I really haven't solidified Darien enough to give solid explanations, but it was definitely a good exercise in picking the kind of things I want to develop more as I play him.

I had some time to kill so here it is. I apologize for the lack of spoiler tag..I can't quite figure them out. >.> 

Fantastic Racist: Daddy instilled this into her growing up. Mostly aimed toward WW Elezen but not limited to the other races. Though, she has gotten better over time with either holding her tongue or dispelling these thoughts altogether. However, she is still prone to foot-in-mouth moments.

Deadpan Snarker: She is very fluent in Sarcasm.

Grey and Gray Morality: Not completely "evil" but not really a "goodie goodie" Her morality depends on the situation and the result.  

Too Clever by Half: Very good at thievery and deception but when she slips up, it's a pretty epic failure.

Lovable Rogue: At least she likes to think so.

Crazy Prepared: After the Calamity, she ALWAYS comes up with a contingency plan for EVERY situation, no matter how mundane.  

Riddle Me This: A strange quirk of hers. She does this to either, gauge reliability of a person, or to talk her way out of a situation.

Kuudere: A mix of types 1 and 2. 

The Fatalist: Big time considering she is a follower of Nymeia.

Classy Cat Burglar: She refers to herself as an "opportunist". No..she doesn't wear cat suits...

I was too lazy to do this for more than one of my characters, and I could probably have added plenty more but I got tired of it.

Heroic Mime with a tendency for Shrinking Violet. Though it won't come up often, you should also Beware the Quiet Ones.

A Type 2 Chaotic Good Knight In Shining Armor or Knight Errant with Chronic Hero Syndrome. Also has the tendency to Walk The Earth in search of evil to slay and people to help.

He's a Jack of All Trades but a master of one in terms of combat, with the Necessary Drawback being that he doesn't have much in the way of magical skills, and of course that he won't be able to contend with a skilled opponent in those combat skills he is only "good" in.

He's got Trauma Induced Amnesia. Always useful, of course.

Blade On A Stick is his Weapon of Choice,