What are you Rping?

What Race are you going to roleplay?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. What Race are you going to roleplay?

• Male Miqo'te
    • Female Miqo'te
    • Male Lalafell
    • Female Lalafell
    • Male Roegadyn
    • Female Roegadyn
    • Male Elezen
    • Female Elezen
    • Male Hyur
    • Female Hyur
    • Not sure yet!

Yeah, that's what I missed. Shame about the tiny sample size, but I guess that's to be expected considering the timing and the size of the RP community.

Nothing poor about it, some people simply prefer to not be "yet another [insert most popular choice here" if they can avoid it. I think most of us love having as much appearance customization as possible to avoid looking like everyone else, na matter the race we pick, too.

I used to be like that and I still  enjoy being a rarer sight, but it's just not a big deal for me anymore because in a mmorps, there will be tons of everything, anyway.

I'm speaking from personal experience. I used to try to choose the less-common looks in the past, but eventually I realized that I was hampering my own experience just for the sake of "being different", so now I just don't bother unless it's something I would have picked anyway.

Of course, if you would have chosen the less-common look anyway, then you're good, but I'd be very wary of looking over something you like just because lots of other people happen to like it as well. (What's that saying - "Great minds think alike"?)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad that Keepers are less popular than Seekers

Wait, how do you know this? Is there another survey or something that I'm not aware of?

(Also something being less popular is a really poor reason to prefer something, just sayin')

He may be referring to this? http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/misc.php?page=census-2013

I was indeed and it wasn't that I was glad being a special snow flake but when I see threads with bile and hate towards those of us who chose to roll Miqo'te there is a little part of me that is glad not to be right at the very top.  It doesn't actually bother me really and the post was meant as a little jokey but I guess it kinda a little flat.  No worries, Hugs to my Sun Seeker brothers and sisters.

Yeah, that's what I missed. Shame about the tiny sample size, but I guess that's to be expected considering the timing and the size of the RP community.

Nothing poor about it, some people simply prefer to not be "yet another [insert most popular choice here" if they can avoid it. I think most of us love having as much appearance customization as possible to avoid looking like everyone else, na matter the race we pick, too.

I used to be like that and I still  enjoy being a rarer sight, but it's just not a big deal for me anymore because in a mmorps, there will be tons of everything, anyway.

I'm speaking from personal experience. I used to try to choose the less-common looks in the past, but eventually I realized that I was hampering my own experience just for the sake of "being different", so now I just don't bother unless it's something I would have picked anyway.

Of course, if you would have chosen the less-common look anyway, then you're good, but I'd be very wary of looking over something you like just because lots of other people happen to like it as well. (What's that saying - "Great minds think alike"?)

Oh and I chose to roll this character long before I knew which way the community was leaning.  That goes for choosing a Keeper of the Moon as well.

I was indeed and it wasn't that I was glad being a special snow flake but when I see threads with bile and hate towards those of us who chose to roll Miqo'te there is a little part of me that is glad not to be right at the very top.  It doesn't actually bother me really and the post was meant as a little jokey but I guess it kinda a little flat.  No worries, Hugs to my Sun Seeker brothers and sisters.

I don't have a hatred for you cat people. My brain just doesn't work the same way. I honestly cannot think of a reason that anyone would want to play a cat person. Although, I'm not really a fan of cats in general, so... grain of salt. And despite my preference for character race, I certainly won't be avoiding anyone simply because of cat ears and a tail. I look forward to some good RP with the Miqo'te. :D

I would have rather played an Elezen to be honest, having played an Elvaan my entire time in FFXI, but something about them bugs me. Even in FFXI they had over exaggerated proportions, but it seems even worse in FFXIV, and this combined with the "dainty" way they move and fight, I understand they are supposed to be refined and what not but in FFXI the Elvaan were refined as well but they still looked badass in a fight.

The Male Miqo'te seem to have taken the spot as the "alpha" race/gender as far as animations go, I actually enjoy watching my character run around, doing emotes, etc. Plus, I always loved Zidane and the animations, racial clothing, and body proportions kind of remind me of him... only a cat instead of a monkey.

Sadly, my main character doesn't fit any of the listed options, so I can't actually vote - the character has a gender neutral gender expression.

So you're rolling an FFXI Galka? ;)

*laughs* That totally didn't come to mind until just now. xD

That's pretty much what I've been through too except described much better!

And for the record...

I was a blue-haired Miqo'te before it was cool. *adjusts hipster glasses*

Another Keeper Catboy, but that decision is easily explained, at least for me.

I never play "human" race in a game (hell, when i play i want to be something different). I don't like the elezen stature, as someone said the proportions are way out...

Neither do i like playing a "bulky" race like the roegaden and the lalafels... no offense meant, but they remind me toooo much of children. ^^

That's just personal preference, i couldnt play as lalafel.

And i like the miquo'te style, having a tail is cool. ^^ Although looking most close to hyur/human, they are not as "bland" as such.

I have finally come to terms with the fact that I just can't resist having my main be a Dunesfolk Lalafel. It took me a long time to really come to this conclusion as I had intended even as far back as 1.0 to play a Miqo'te. However, even in 1.0 I ended up playing a Dunesfolk and couldn't have had any more fun than I did on her specifically. That's the same feeling I have this time but instead I'll be starting with her as my primary and my Miqo'te being my secondary character whom all ready has a fleshed out story - which I have to tweak majorly being that I'm not sure I want her to be a conjurer anymore. It's all really a headache! What I do know is I'll be playing a Lalafel!! Yay!! :moogle:

I never play "human" race in a game (hell, when i play i want to be something different). I don't like the elezen stature, as someone said the proportions are way out...

Neither do i like playing a "bulky" race like the roegaden

It's all different perspective. I feel the Roegaydns have a different variety from humans, at least their striking skin color. So, to me, they are the "least human" of races, but I also try to play unique/unusual races in games that are not too human, too.

Heck, if there was an option to play a four-legged cow or a dog, I'd be all over that! I'd be throwing money at Yoshida in an embarrassing manner! :blush: :D Or even something really alien.

:moogle::moogle:

Hmm...well I must say Hyur Male - Dragoon.  Why?  Because I'm totally inspired by Kain Highwind from FF IV :P As for RP background, I've been toying with the concept of having him being a defector from the Garlean Empire(something he keeps as a secret for obvious reasons) who tries to start a new life as a merc after he saw the Empire's true colors. Though I have much research to do on the lore yet to see if this concept is even possible.

I've finally decided on a character -- a female miqo'te Seeker of the Sun, who's surprisingly (to herself, at any rate :) ) talented with magic and who ran away from her tribal life. Despite living in Limsa Lominsa, her primary class will most likely be Conjurer.

Why this combo? First, I like the miqo'te lore and the opportunity for conflict between them and others over their traditional culture. Second, the "voice" of the character in my mind is female, and so that's what the character will be. The concept didn't work well for me as a male.