FFXIII Outfits in XIV.

I haven't read all 90-something responses, but I can honestly say I don't like this. I remember every Final Fantasy having its own unique story, feel, and look, with few similarities between them. This is blatant and obvious fan service to get more advertising. FFXIII is their cash cow right now, and they are just beating it to death to get some extra cash. I bought this game to play FFXIV, not FFXIV Presents FFXIII. Of course one could make the argument "Don't wear the gear if you don't like it." but frankly, I don't even want to see it.

And that's all I have to say on this subject.

EVEN THOUGH I HONOR YOU, GUILDY, I'm going to have to disagree here.

I'm pretty sure all of the content that will be added to the game will be free, so there's not much of a cash grab as some people seem to be seeing it as, and more just... regular marketing? This sort of thing happens all the time, even within the other Final Fantasy games.

I mean, I'll be skipping the outfits, but the weapons... look damn awesome. Even if you're not a fan of the game itself, just looking at the weapon options on their own have their own merits. There's some pretty sound designs there. And to add on to that, I'm also pretty sure that this stuff will only be implemented in an event, suggesting that it'll only be around for a short period. So even if you hate the idea of seeing hundreds of Lightning copy cats running around (which honestly has me wincing as well), it'll only be for a short time... hopefully.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EVEN THOUGH I HONOR YOU, GUILDY, I'm going to have to disagree here.

Hahaha, I'm fine with that. People can't always agree on everything. Maybe my issue is that FFXIII is too... fresh? 

I mean, clearly the Dragoon armor is a tribute to Kain from FFIV, and the same could be said about the Paladin armor and Cecil (unless there's some other FF I'm not thinking of that has that armor). And I love both of those sets. They're iconic, and they scream "Final Fantasy!" to me. I just dislike the idea of putting in clothing from the most recent FF into the game already, it just kind of seems tasteless to me... Unless they put in Auron's coat from FFX... Then all bets are off and my opinion might have to flip 180 degrees.

Idk, to be honest my initial response of shock and disgust feels like overkill in retrospect. I still think it's kind of lame, though. 

Granted, this is just my opinion and everyone is free to disagree. I'm not going to be the in-game clothing police or anything. :P

Yeah, I think I just have this fear of seeing a bunch of Lightning clones running around and hearing newer role-players use this as an excuse to bring in characters from other universes. While I certainly have no control over any of this and what people do within the game is none of my business, I'll just have to try and turn a blind eye to it like I have to with other elements. It's purely a case of my image of what I thought the game would be from a strict RP perspective compared to the more casual FF melting-pot angle they seem to be going for. I'll likely play the mission(s) from a gamer perspective, but likely not from an RP perspective.