FFXIII Outfits in XIV.

So, according to sources at the Japan Expo in Paris, supposedly these will actually be making their way into XIV. Interesting, to say the least.

ff14_f13_lightning.jpg

ff14_f13_weapons.jpgff14_f13_costumes.jpgQ9b8kvI.jpg

...As much as I hate myself for saying it, I kiiiinda need that Snow Villiers outfit~

ff14_f13_weapons.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm neutral about this. It doesn't really bother me but I'm not excited about it either. But honestly I hope this is a one time thing... I do know that it started because of the developer of FFXIII: lightning returns. And that it became more of a fun tribute thing between devs, so hopefully it's just this one time. But I'm sure as hell not going to wear and use any of it.

I've got to say, I thought I'd be a little weirded out by the idea of different Final Fantasys bleeding into ARR but I am surprisingly okay with it.

The armor looks good, the weapons are cool (that gunblade hrrrghn) and apparently they're gained through a quest involving Lightning herself, and not through some silly mircrotransaction deal. Seems solid to me. I am hype!

I've got to say, I thought I'd be a little weirded out by the idea of different Final Fantasys bleeding into ARR but I am surprisingly okay with it.

The armor looks good, the weapons are cool (that gunblade hrrrghn) and apparently they're gained through a quest involving Lightning herself, and not through some silly mircrotransaction deal. Seems solid to me. I am hype!

Wait... lightning herself will be in game?

I LOVE CROSSOVERS!

I'm interested in it for two reasons.

1. Those weapons look great, new hairstyle and the costumes are ok.

2. Just imagine WHO WILL BE NEXT!!

WANT!

Auron_Art.png

/swoon

I would absolutely love for Auron's outfit to be implemented. Although I don't know how I feel about other Final Fantasy games bleeding in to XIV; sort of weirded out but also really excited?

After some thought... 

I don't care about the cross-over. I wasn't very fond of XIII and don't plan on getting XIII-2. 

However, it's more costume options and some more pretty weapons. I'm all for that. Better yet, it's costume pieces that don't honestly look too out of place in FFXIV: ARR and they don't look like 'epic loot drops' made of fairy dust and primal farts so I can feel okay wearing them on a 'non-combat' character as far as RP goes. 

How did you get that? 

Well... it's a coat. I went to the tailor / copied the design and made it / bought it from "coat shack" down the street.

While having constant out of world crossover events might dilute lore I don't think having a few here or there will cause a problem, especially if they're implemented as limited time events for a month or two. In that case, I can't find it any worse than the holiday events which have never really 'fit' the world tone of any MMO.

That's... interesting. While I always hoped we would get "sexier" outfits like we see in the single-player FFs, I didn't want them to copy them right from the past games.

I'd rather ARR build its own identity without becoming an FF melting pot of all the past games. I hope this doesn't become a constant thing.

And if Lightning is in the game, I hope she's a Lightning from Eorzea and not from "another universe". 

:/

Though... I would LOVE to have something like Serah's first game outfit. >.>

Well! ... I'm of two minds, where-in I'd love to see outfits from other games, but I do NOOOT want to see the characters in Eorzea. A Beatrix or a Quistis outfit would be kick ass.. Or Celes' gown or Yuna's wedding dress! With the exception of Yuna, though, they're not the leading ladies of their games, so I won't get my hopes up. Maybe it's time to start a request thread on the Beta/Official Forums~

Wait... lightning herself will be in game?

I LOVE CROSSOVERS!

Right? This isn't official or anything so until word comes out from Yoshi or the website, take it with a grain of salt but: http://www.rpgsite.net/news/2488-final-fantasy-xiv-goes-final-fantasy-xiii-crossover-crazy

"As part of the promotion, FF13 lead character Lightning will put in an appearance in the remade, relaunched version of FF14 as part of a specific, exclusive quest line related to the famous heroine."

I wasn't a huge fan of 13, but Lightning is right up there as one of my favorite FF characters; the deal was sealed when she socked Snow.

I'm hoping they'll play her off as being Garlean in XIV lore. Not the real "lightning" exactly, but still lightning. They've always been pretty consistent with lore, so I don't think they'd break it and bring the whole mess of universe-hopping into XIV.

Yeah. It could get out of hand pretty quickly.

I think this is kind of a special case since during E3 it was revealed (to the 14 team's surprise!) that Lightning was given a miqo'te rse set for 13-3. I wouldn't be surprised if this is largely the end of it, and was dealt with as a sort of dream sequence or something.

That being said, I am happy that Gilgamesh will be the universe hopper he was in all the other games, though. :D