Character banners

Most people make them. I would have one of X'Sato if I could screen cap off my ps3 (or had more custom art), but sadly... I can't. I know Lauren made a few.

Nox, do you only play on PS3? Next time give us a bell and we can screencap for you :D

Most people make them. I would have one of X'Sato if I could screen cap off my ps3 (or had more custom art), but sadly... I can't. I know Lauren made a few.

Nox, do you only play on PS3? Next time give us a bell and we can screencap for you :D

Yeah, I only play on ps3. My desktop is old and a piece of shit for online play (I maxed my ping on LoL at... like 6000) and my laptop... well, I use my laptop for skype and stuff. It can't really handle graphically intensive games. I'd like to build a rig, but they're so expensive.

I'm not sure which forum this should go into... forgive me if I got it wrong.

I was curious, where do you guys get the character banners in your signatures? I've seen some of them and they are gorgeous!

I or many others here can make you one just need references and what you would like. I like making these things, it's fun and helps me improve.

I can always try a hand at making a little signature banner it may take me a couple tries to make it to someones liking and it probably won't be super, super detailed but I can do the basics till I figure out all the tools with it. Practice will only make it better after all right?:moogle:

I also make my banner, mostly when I get bored and need something to do. Not nearly as good as some of the banners here, :D But I would very much enjoy making a banner for you if you like.

Speaking of banners, it is something I have wondered about a long time and just never had the spot to ask. What software do you use/ prefer to use for making banners? Getting on this site I see so many beautiful character pictures that it has caused me to start sketching again (damn i got rusty) and eventually I would like to get into making a few pictures of Rogier (and once I get some nice ones on the computer a banner or two).

I generally use Photoshop to edit it all together or do special editing. I have heard of some other sites/programs around that can produce things but doesn't have all the different things you can play and experiment with. But I just don't know any off the top of my head.

Speaking of banners, it is something I have wondered about a long time and just never had the spot to ask. What software do you use/ prefer to use for making banners? Getting on this site I see so many beautiful character pictures that it has caused me to start sketching again (damn i got rusty) and eventually I would like to get into making a few pictures of Rogier (and once I get some nice ones on the computer a banner or two).

I personally use Daz Studio and PaintNet to do mine. I am currently taking a class on Photoshop so I might start using that. But at the moment just Daz and PaintNet.

That reminds me I should do banners for mine... but I got like... 4 characters right now. T_T

Anyways, it's not very hard. Just a bit of photoshopping. Like copy/paste through layers, add text box, that kinda stuff. Some people can do more though!

Ill definitely be making one once I have some decent screenshots.  For now, I have also made a customizable "Right of Passage" certificate, for those who never got one. Only Gridania is done so far, but I plan on doing the other two later on.

Gridania Right of Passage

What software do you use/ prefer to use for making banners?

I actually used to get away with making decent ones using only MS Paint. I've since upgraded to using a mix of Photoshop and GIMP when I'm at home, or Pixlr when I'm at work and want to mess around with something.

I tend to like the banners that I make all the way up until I see someone else's banner that they've made. Then I get jealous that mine doesn't look as good. :P