RPing Miqo'te Tribes.

Clover

What server should we choose for a Miqo'te Tribe?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What server should we choose for a Miqo'te Tribe?

Hello! I hope this topic is allowed, I'm unused to start topics myself *sweatdrops*.

I've been wondering about the organization of Miqo'te tribes in the RP. So far, I've been told that Miqo'te players haven't really gotten together to organize any sort of Tribal setting.

If our characters (the tribal ones, at least) are supposed to belong to a group of Miqo'tes, wouldn't it be useful to know who else is from the same Tribe? Or, wouldn't it be cool if many Miqo'tes united to RP a real tribe?

My Miqo'te's name is F'miah, but I'm willing to change her name just to adapt to whatever letter is being used by most Miqo'tes (in case other people are interested in organizing a real tribe, I mean). I'd like to know she has some sort of "family" and isn't just a lone soul wandering around the world *laughs*.

S-sorry if my English wasn't very clear (X_X)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think it'd be cool to rp a tribe of Miqo'tes, though my Miqo'te isn't tribal and thus could not join in on the fun. Unless you made his sister, which I doubt you want to do. Anyway, if you look at the wiki (specifically here), you can find out the most popular tribe and the player of all the characters by checking the last edit of a character's wiki page. I hope this helps in some way.

Your english was fine.  If we were to try forming our own RP tribe we'd actually need two-one for the Seekers and one for the Keepers as their traditions and culture are different.  For the Seekers theirs one breeding male-the "Nuhn" and possibly several other males the "Tias" along with 10-50 females per Nuhn.  Also Seeker names are Totem'Name then Father's Name for females or Nuhn/Tia for Males.

Keeper side the tribes are highly Matriarchal with kids taking their mothers surname, and in the case of sons taking their mothers name adding a suffix to designate their order of birth so Xha'li Moui is the third son of Xha Moui.  Not much is really given about the family names other then that some have survived since the first Astral Era.

Your english was fine.  If we were to try forming our own RP tribe we'd actually need two-one for the Seekers and one for the Keepers as their traditions and culture are different.  For the Seekers theirs one breeding male-the "Nuhn" and possibly several other males the "Tias" along with 10-50 females per Nuhn.  Also Seeker names are Totem'Name then Father's Name for females or Nuhn/Tia for Males.

Unless, of course, the female is "Sired", in which case her surname is the first name of the breeding male who sired her.

Edit: Yeah, I had a brain fart and forgot that "sired" meant fathered. Great going, me.

Ah, sorry, I didn't actually specify, but I was referring to Seekers. I guess it's because I heard that Keepers weren't tribes per se but families, so I only relate the concept of Tribe to Seekers. My bad.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who would like to RP in a real Seeker tribe! I think it'd be a very interesting RP experience. Perhaps a good starting point would be for people to post what tribe they belong to, or maybe everyone who is interested could decide what tribe we should try to RP. As I said, I personally don't mind changing my character's name to adapt to whatever the majority decides.

Nox> I haven't fully planned my Miqote's story yet, so I'd be up for her being anyone's sister ^^

I really want her to be related to other Miqo'tes somehow, to have a place she could belong to.

It's a good idea, too bad I'll play a Keeper hehe.

Just to point it out, Keepers have tribes also, but they are composed of only a couple families and thus remains pretty small. My character was from a small tribe, but over a couple of years adapted like many other Miqo'te to the a-hem civilized world :P

I encourage all Miqo'te to work this out though, it's a great initiative and only makes the RP more credible if we see some of the same tribe. Oh and, it's a great way to welcome new role players and make them fit in (sadly saw many new to rp rightfully complain how hard is it sometimes to get accepted).

Nox> I haven't fully planned my Miqote's story yet, so I'd be up for her being anyone's sister ^^

I really want her to be related to other Miqo'tes somehow, to have a place she could belong to.

If things don't work out with the tribe dynamic, you're more than welcome to. Just shoot me a pm and let me know so we can plot. Or add me on skype. (As_A_Syn) Whatever works for you.

Edit: This offer goes out to anyone, by the way. I have set it up for multiple seeker families in Ishgard.

I'll be playing a Keeper, and I'm not entirely sure if she'll fit into the tribe dynamic.

Regardless, I'd really like to see this idea flourish. It'd be interesting to have tribes wandering out in Eorzea. It'd be more immersive for everyone, not just the specific members of the tribe. For example, there may be Elezen who believe them poachers if they're in the Black Shroud, or something of the like.

Roles of families, tribes, etc. can be fun for everyone, so I hope we see a lot of players jumping in on organizing this tribe dynamic. :3

All that aside though, I would be personally interested in interacting with some of the tribes established, even if my character may not necessarily be in it.

I'll likely be playing a Seeker, and while I still haven't quite figured out my character, I'd be happy to be part of a tribe, at least loosely! As I expect most of our characters are travelling regularly, I wouldn't expect it to be something that was constantly hanging over their head, but I'd definitely be up for having connections with one, doing some events, gatherings, etc! :)

As for tribe, I'm personally a big fan of the Coeurl, my character is currently named C'jinn, but I can also be flexible!

If we do get a Seeker tribe going, it could be fun to get the same "sire"'s name as surname for a bunch of the chars, at least, since I don't have a surname for my character yet, I'd definitely be open to take what ever name of the sire would fit!

Too bad my Keeper views the tribes as being an outdated system >>;; Going as far as to ditch any tie he has with them, only keeping the first name his father gave him.

Would be interesting to see if someone gets one running, for sure. Would love to just place him nearby and watch as he begins to feel uncomfortable xD

Well I will be playing a seeker of the sun Miqo'te. I am quite fond of the wolf, so her name will be W'kailia. Also I don't know what server I will be on yet either. Hopefully they make at least 1 server an RP server to make the decision a whole lot easier for me.

I love this idea. Even better, my character will be a seeker as well. Though he wouldn't be able to be part of the tribe do to his backstory, he is very much in touch with his tribal roots. If they were to allow it he would likely spend extended amounts of time with them. While pulling his own weight, of course.

As I expect most of our characters are travelling regularly, I wouldn't expect it to be something that was constantly hanging over their head, but I'd definitely be up for having connections with one, doing some events, gatherings, etc! :)

Yes, that's how I see it too. Characters could be traveling around the world, but still keep ties with their tribe. Organizing events would also be fun, and they'd bring the Miqo'te's community together. It'd also be interesting to see what the Seeker males come up with to fight for the nunh title. There are many possibilities.

Now... I actually don't know how to organize such a thing *falls*. I guess that, in order for it to work, several people should be willing to change their characters' name to adapt to whatever tribe is chosen in the end. Should we make a poll? ;

I'm playing a Coeurl! Given my backstory, it's probably likely that C'io and C'jinn are from different branches of the overall tribe, though.

As C'io, I'd be interested if something came out of this. Given her nature, though, she'll likely wander in and out of the group and be more than happy to help any miqo'te looking to understand or get back in touch with her/his roots! And given that I think my views on how the nunh/tia system work are probably not the norm, though, I'll be keeping my somewhat separated backstory so I don't have to clash paradigms on an OOC level with anyone, just on an IC level, which I always welcome, :).

As I expect most of our characters are travelling regularly, I wouldn't expect it to be something that was constantly hanging over their head, but I'd definitely be up for having connections with one, doing some events, gatherings, etc! :)

Yes, that's how I see it too. Characters could be traveling around the world, but still keep ties with their tribe. Organizing events would also be fun, and they'd bring the Miqo'te's community together. It'd also be interesting to see what the Seeker males come up with to fight for the nunh title. There are many possibilities.

Now... I actually don't know how to organize such a thing *falls*. I guess that, in order for it to work, several people should be willing to change their characters' name to adapt to whatever tribe is chosen in the end. Should we make a poll? ;

Yeah make a poll :) I am hoping for a tribe of the wolf. Doesn't seem like too many people will be using the wolf though.

I'm playing a Coeurl! Given my backstory, it's probably likely that C'io and C'jinn are from different branches of the overall tribe, though.

As C'io, I'd be interested if something came out of this. Given her nature, though, she'll likely wander in and out of the group and be more than happy to help any miqo'te looking to understand or get back in touch with her/his roots! And given that I think my views on how the nunh/tia system work are probably not the norm, though, I'll be keeping my somewhat separated backstory so I don't have to clash paradigms on an OOC level with anyone, just on an IC level, which I always welcome, :).

From what I read on your characters view on tribal life, I think it'd be a blast if my character met yours. You'd blow his mind and make him think really hard on the things he was taught as a kid.

On another note, if people are less inclined to change their names, how about a off-shoot tribe from the usual tribes, one consisting of Miqo'te who might have left their original tribes for a reason but still feel the pull to stay connected to other tribal miqo'te?

I am very into adding cultural aspects to RP.. I think it adds a cool dimension and conflict/alliances in character interactions. (as noted above about the Miqo that would be uncomfortable around other more tribal Seekers).

I am presently debating on what I want to run on Gilgamesh with my LS. The toss up is between Miqo'te Seeker (made one in Beta- so cute! :P) and Hyur Midlander....

I like the look of (and the ideas I have for) my Seeker- but though I would make her more culturally slanted, she would not be a... erm... "my only use is as a kitten factory" type. I seem to recall another Seeker that took a similar stance here- one that said "Females are just awesome- its the males that have to prove themselves."

I -like- that attitude. Totally fits my thought process for her.

If I went with her... I'd not be opposed to a family (never done that before and sounds fun!)... and I'd love to work with you Clover :).

But ONLY if you stop apologizing for your -very good- grasp of English! ;)

As far as name goes... was considering T'kyiah, making her Condor Clan. However... I would be flexible for clan as long as it fit her name *grins*

My Elezen will still be on Balmung, as I fully intend to partake of the lovely RP ops with the great people I (hope) to meet in the RPC. (So far I've really only met/talked with Yssen IG... for as much as THAT is worth...

<_<

>_>

KIDDING! (don't stab me... :cry: ))

Manari is a Keeper, born and raised in a tribe deep in the East Shroud. There aren't many survivors of the tribe, in fact, Manari believes she and one other person are the only ones. When I wrote her story a year and a half ago, I left a few namesless survivors scattered about in case something ever came up and I needed to use one, but for the most part I don't think Manari could be from the same tribe as another player (unless said player really wanted to be from the Onai tribe which I created).

However, I think that other tribes of Keepers living in the Should could easily know of each other. For example, if Manari meets someone from another Keeper tribe, they talk for a bit and Manari mentions that she was from the Onai Tribe, the other person could say something like "Oh, I remember the Onai tribe, we used to trade with them cycles ago." Or something like that. I think that could be entirely possible.

I am very into adding cultural aspects to RP.. I think it adds a cool dimension and conflict/alliances in character interactions. (as noted above about the Miqo that would be uncomfortable around other more tribal Seekers).

I am presently debating on what I want to run on Gilgamesh with my LS. The toss up is between Miqo'te Seeker (made one in Beta- so cute! :P) and Hyur Midlander....

I like the look of (and the ideas I have for) my Seeker- but though I would make her more culturally slanted, she would not be a... erm... "my only use is as a kitten factory" type. I seem to recall another Seeker that took a similar stance here- one that said "Females are just awesome- its the males that have to prove themselves."

I -like- that attitude. Totally fits my thought process for her.

If I went with her... I'd not be opposed to a family (never done that before and sounds fun!)... and I'd love to work with you Clover :).

But ONLY if you stop apologizing for your -very good- grasp of English! ;)

As far as name goes... was considering T'kyiah, making her Condor Clan. However... I would be flexible for clan as long as it fit her name *grins*

My Elezen will still be on Balmung, as I fully intend to partake of the lovely RP ops with the great people I (hope) to meet in the RPC. (So far I've really only met/talked with Yssen IG... for as much as THAT is worth...

<_<

>_>

KIDDING! (don't stab me... :cry: ))

I am with you on that. My character wouldn't be a kitten factory. She's more independent than to be one. If anything she's only recently come into adulthood and beginning her journey. She's not interested in mating, only learning and seeing the world at this stage of her life.

I just came up with an idea and figured I'd throw it out there. Rip it apart if you wish. I'm happy to make a linkshell called something along the lines of "Tribe of the Wayward" or something to that effect. It'd basically be a "tribe" for all (from any tribe) Miqo'te to keep in touch and have someone they can rely on. I'm happy to work with everyone if they like this idea. If not, well, I threw something out there.

Edit: The idea behind it is tentative and subject to tweaks.

Ah, a Linkshell would be helpful to keep Miqo'tes together, indeed! Albeit I'm unsure of how to proceed if all tribes are united (?).

Another problem that has arisen while reading this thread... on what server should the tribe be created? I guess we should choose the server that has most Miqo'tes for it to work. W-would that mean another poll? My head is a mess, hahaha.

In any case, thank you for your support, everyone!

EDIT: Um, I've tried to make a poll, but I'm unsure of how to actually add it. It also says that polls can only have 20 options, while there are 26 Seeker Tribes... orz

We'll have to go with what people write here. So far I've seen interest in C, W, and X. Am I missing anyone?

*snip*

EDIT: Um, I've tried to make a poll, but I'm unsure of how to actually add it. It also says that polls can only have 20 options, while there are 26 Seeker Tribes... orz

We'll have to go with what people write here. So far I've seen interest in C, W, and X. Am I missing anyone?

*cough* L! *cough*