RPing Miqo'te Tribes.

Clover

What server should we choose for a Miqo'te Tribe?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What server should we choose for a Miqo'te Tribe?

Another problem that has arisen while reading this thread... on what server should the tribe be created? I guess we should choose the server that has most Miqo'tes for it to work. W-would that mean another poll? My head is a mess, hahaha.

You could start with posting a poll about the server you intend to play on primarily? This is a wonderful idea and I am sure the same set up can follow on the other server as well.

I am Basilisk (P) but like many others I am willing to change it up if needs be.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, poll done! Phew, that was difficult *laughs*.

Let's choose the server first, then later on we can choose a Seeker tribe among the ones people prefer.

C, X, W, L, P, so far (if I'm missing anyone, please let me know!)

My character is initially from F, but I don't mind changing her name, soooo... unless anyone else wants F, I won't add it to the future poll.

My keeper might be an exile(his tribe's matriarch hated magic), but joining another tribe akin to what this is starting to resemble might be something he'd consider after getting to know several of them.  I put his former tribe just beyond the edge of the Shroud, so its possible they might have heard of other tribes, or perhaps traded with them as well before the Calamity.

However, I think that other tribes of Keepers living in the Should could easily know of each other.  For example, if Manari meets someone from another Keeper tribe, they talk for a bit and Manari mentions that she was from the Onai Tribe, the other person could say something like "Oh, I remember the Onai tribe, we used to trade with them cycles ago."  Or something like that.  I think that could be entirely possible.

This is much how I am playing Khaze'to, as a Keeper of the Twelveswood,  could be fun to have that little conversation in game and see where it goes.  He also has two younger sisters and an older brother and sister if people wanted to rp in the family but again again I doubt that's gonna happen. :D

I also think that the RPing a tribe would be awesome.  Khaze'to's grandfather was a Seeker and I have yet to decide what tribe he was from.  Given that he was exiled from the tribe when he mated with a Keeper it could be fun to RP the different attitudes that exile can bring. 

I also know that there is at least one Raptor Seeker on the forums so that's an R for your poll.

My main is going to be a keeper, but her sister (an alt) that I'll be active on is a Viper (L) Seeker archer, so I'm VERY interested in the ideas being put forth in here, as L'Fia grew up away from a family. Thus having a tribe of actual rper's sounds ideal for character development! :love:

Well assuming there isn't an actual RP server... hmm I suppose I'd like to roll on the legacy one, since it is pretty well established. But it also depends on what server my friends would choose to. But for now I will vote for the legacy one.

I would love to be a part of a linkshell for Miqo'te traveling outside of their home tribe (for whatever reason each has). I think it sounds like a great idea. Zha'li likely expects to return to his tribe at some point, but would welcome the company of other Keepers or Seekers, traditional or not.

Also, I think it would be really handy to possibly have a Miqo'te tribe directory here. I've set up some lore on Zha'li's, and it'd be fun to see others. It could also help people making new Mio'te characters find family or tribe-mates on either server. I would love to have some tribemates for Zha'li, or form aquaintences with those from nearby tribes.

I'd be happy to make an unofficial tribal directory thread when I get home from work if people would like. I don't want to derail this one. :)

I would love to be a part of a linkshell for Miqo'te traveling outside of their home tribe (for whatever reason each has). I think it sounds like a great idea. Zha'li likely expects to return to his tribe at some point, but would welcome the company of other Keepers or Seekers, traditional or not.

Also, I think it would be really handy to possibly have a Miqo'te tribe directory here. I've set up some lore on Zha'li's, and it'd be fun to see others. It could also help people making new Mio'te characters find family or tribe-mates on either server. I would love to have some tribemates for Zha'li, or form aquaintences with those from nearby tribes.

I'd be happy to make an unofficial tribal directory thread when I get home from work if people would like. I don't want to derail this one. :)

That'd be work that you don't really need to do. On the wiki, you can sort by race, then clan, so it works just as well.

I love this idea, just so long as the group presents itself as one branch of the larger tribe or, in the vein of the proposed LS, a cross-cutting group of miqo'te who happen to share the same tribe. You wouldn't want to say it's the tribe or even the primary branch of that tribe, as that'd stomp all over others' RP.

Unfortunately, my miqo'te has largely dismissed Seeker tribal life, so she wouldn't participate in such a thing (she would, however, react to it :) ). An LS for miqo'te camaraderie is, however, something she'd join, as she rather enjoys the company of her own kind despite any cultural differences.

Rhynka was raised by the raptor tribe. It doesn't mean EVERYONE who'd be part of it lives in the same group. With Seekers there can be 20 or more females to 1 nunh, and at times a very large tribe with enough miqo and hunting territory can have more than 1 nunh while still belonging to the same tribe.

Raz and Rhynka gave their old tribe the finger so to speak after a challenge won by Raz was not honored. With a few of those unwanted by the others anyway, Razamir and Rhynka left. They are now nomadic, Raz's other females are played by me as NPCs save for an alt of mine that roams with them.

Rhynka and Razamir will be picking up tag alongs (Which I plan to make a linkpearl for an OoC and IC one.) all of this would be done IC. Having parted from many of their traditions they have the outlook that tradition should be honored but not rule one's destiny. As Rhynka mainly looks for wayward seekers and keepers she is not above taking in anyone regardless of race who desperately needs it.

She's kind of adopted a little brother so far, U'zhan. After release I hope that she finds more in her travels. I have no intention to mass recruit, ever. A smaller LS is fine with me. OoCly I intend it to be a group for those who may want to play tribal miqo but may feel awkward about some of the traditions and customs involved. One example is a fight between nunh is a fight to the death in most situations. Hence the motto there about traditions honored but not a ruling factor.

Anyone curious about more is welcome to PM me with questions. I don't want to make a massive post in the thread.

I love this idea, just so long as the group presents itself as one branch of the larger tribe or, in the vein of the proposed LS, a cross-cutting group of miqo'te who happen to share the same tribe. You wouldn't want to say it's the tribe or even the primary branch of that tribe, as that'd stomp all over others' RP.

Unfortunately, my miqo'te has largely dismissed Seeker tribal life, so she wouldn't participate in such a thing (she would, however, react to it :) ). An LS for miqo'te camaraderie is, however, something she'd join, as she rather enjoys the company of her own kind despite any cultural differences.

"There are tia within the 26 existing tribes who, instead of defeating an existing nunh, prove their worth to the tribe by extending its hunting grounds. These tia will venture out into the world and claim territory of their own (by either finding somewhere unoccupied, or taking an area by force from another tribe). If they can maintain it for an extended period of time, then they become the nunh of that area, while still remaining a member of their original tribe."

People can still be from THE original tribe as tribes large enough can split amongst more than 1 nunh to cover more hunting territory. Fernehawles was quoted on this in the lodestone forums. Saying one person heads all these branches would be a bit much though but on could be part of the main sect and had broken off to roam with another branch.

That'd be work that you don't really need to do. On the wiki, you can sort by race, then clan, so it works just as well.

Ok, no problem. :) I guess I was mostly thinking of Keepers, who don't have a convenient tribal letter at the front to go by. Keeper tribes are usually a couple families from what I understood, so it seemed like surnames wouldn't be shared across the entire tribe. The thread was just an idea to give info on these small tribes I guess. But, thanks for saving me a project! :)

People can still be from THE original tribe as tribes large enough can split amongst more than 1 nunh to cover more hunting territory. Fernehawles was quoted on this in the lodestone forums. Saying one person heads all these branches would be a bit much though but on could be part of the main sect and had broken off to roam with another branch.

Yes, I'm quite familiar with that part of the lore, having cited that exact Lodestone thread elsewhere. :) My point was that this group needs to be careful to not start claiming authority over or inherent membership by other miqo'te because they happen to be of the same larger tribe. Let's assume for the sake of argument that this group decides to go with the viper tribe (L). There's two ways this can be done that's fair and considerate to other players:

• The group is a branch of the viper tribe (a subtribe, one might say?), in the manner you quoted
  • The group is a cross-cutting organization -- a club, of sorts -- that's open to all miqo'te of any branch of the viper tribe

I'm just trying to put my two cents in on considerate RP when people start wanting to build IC organizations that are bound directly to lore and might impact others' RP.

Yes, I'm quite familiar with that part of the lore, having cited that exact Lodestone thread elsewhere. :) My point was that this group needs to be careful to not start claiming authority over or inherent membership by other miqo'te because they happen to be of the same larger tribe. Let's assume for the sake of argument that this group decides to go with the viper tribe (L). There's two ways this can be done that's fair and considerate to other players:

• The group is a branch of the viper tribe (a subtribe, one might say?), in the manner you quoted
  • The group is a cross-cutting organization -- a club, of sorts -- that's open to all miqo'te of any branch of the viper tribe

I'm just trying to put my two cents in on considerate RP when people start wanting to build IC organizations that are bound directly to lore and might impact others' RP.

I completely agree with you two, which is partly why I came up with much more of a "Miqo'te Alliance" than anything else. I don't feel the need to beat a dead horse and Freelance continues to express my feelings in words I couldn't seem to find, so I'll leave it at that.

A miqo alliance sounds nice. To do, since the LS I want to try getting up will accept people despite race or origin I actually want to have a free company ICly supplemented by the ragtag group. Both LS and free company I want to do a LOT of field RP with. And well the free company will also be more involved with high level stuff where as the LS would focus more on 1-50 crafting, gathering and not so heavy group reliant stuff. The LS is more to help people get from 1-50 and ready where as the FC is more to help with end game type stuff.

The free company is going to be called The Syn Seekers. Unfortunately it will be racially discriminate but it's not to say LS members can't join if spots are needed to be filled in an event. Once again, I intend to incorporate a LOT of field RP into both, I and Razamir enjoy field or out of town RP more than tavern/city RP.

I just wanted to say that while I have no intention of changing the prefix for my character and her family, as all of us have already created names and relations, I would be perfectly happy roleplaying that someone with the K' prefix is part of Antimony's former tribe. So far we have:

K'piru Jhanhi (myself, Antimony, who left the tribe)

K'thalen Nunh (her mate, deceased)

K'aijeen Thalen (daughter played by Twinflame, changed her name in an act of rebellion so it's now D'aijeen)

K'airos Thalen (daughter played by Ildur)

K'airi Thalen (daughter played by Aeriyn)

K'deiki Nhyt (Anti's mother, currently played by myself, though she probably won't really come up in RP)

K'jhanhi Nunh (Anti's dad, also currently played by myself but may not come up in RP)

I did want Anti to have a sibling (either sister or brother) still involved with the tribe back in the Sagoli Desert. I'm also perfectly happy to have other people play whatever character they want with a K' prefix and pretend they're from the same tribe. There's no need to interact regularly, but it could be fun to just have an existing network!

It seems Balmung is being the favourite. I (or anyone else) could make a new poll tomorrow about what tribe would people prefer, so we can see which one might have more members and choose accordingly.

So far, tribes people have suggested are C, X, W, L, P, K (once more, please let me know if I missed any).

K seems to have quite a lot of members already, from what I've seen...

As for representing a whole tribe, of course we could be just a small part of it. I don't even know the differences between each tribe to begin with, haha. But yes, since tribes can be divided in groups, we won't represent the whole thing, so we'll have plenty of freedom ^^

(Spanish timezone forces me to sleep now. If anyone else would like to be making the poll, please go ahead!)

It seems Balmung is being the favourite. I (or anyone else) could make a new poll tomorrow about what tribe would people prefer, so we can see which one might have more members and choose accordingly.

So far, tribes people have suggested are C, X, W, L, P, K (once more, please let me know if I missed any).

K seems to have quite a lot of members already, from what I've seen...

As for representing a whole tribe, of course we could be just a small part of it. I don't even know the differences between each tribe to begin with, haha. But yes, since tribes can be divided in groups, we won't represent the whole thing, so we'll have plenty of freedom ^^

(Spanish timezone forces me to sleep now. If anyone else would like to be making the poll, please go ahead!)

There are some who come from the raptor.  don't forget them.

Yeah, do keep Raptor in mind. I know Growly Beast is playing a Raptor Nuhn with a pre-established chunk carved out of the tribe, possibly made up of other players. That may or may not be of interest to you Seeker folks.

Also, of course Balmung's going to be the community favorite in a poll--there are simply more roleplayers on Balmung than on Gilgamesh.

I think that if the Gilgamesh folks want to establish something like this project on a smaller scale on their server, they could make a thread about it in the Gilgamesh Directory.

That way everyone can be happy.

From what I read on your characters view on tribal life, I think it'd be a blast if my character met yours. You'd blow his mind and make him think really hard on the things he was taught as a kid.

Definitely! The way I view the differences also is to just assume that, like all spread-out cultures, there are nuances between tribes and groups that make vast differences in how they interpret the same cultural concepts. C'io's views are because that's how she grew up and how her tribe did things--yours can be different, and we can just assume that's how your group did it. Our cores are thus the same, but we are all different, :).

This! I want this! Especially since I like being a Lone Wanderer, I think just having a directory of miqo'te and the tribe/family units they are from would be incredible! I think it should be a page on the wiki, though, so it is open edit and less maintenance work for you. Plus it can link to our wiki profile pages too!

And the way I see miqo'te tribes is similar to how North American tribes operated. A "tribe" is actually a huge dispersal across a vast area containing many settlements and family groups and maybe even chieftains. Miqo'te Nation, :).

This! I want this! Especially since I like being a Lone Wanderer, I think just having a directory of miqo'te and the tribe/family units they are from would be incredible! I think it should be a page on the wiki, though, so it is open edit and less maintenance work for you. Plus it can link to our wiki profile pages too!

And the way I see miqo'te tribes is similar to how North American tribes operated. A "tribe" is actually a huge dispersal across a vast area containing many settlements and family groups and maybe even chieftains. Miqo'te Nation, :).

Yeah, another sub-section of the wiki might be nice, so we can have clan and player made tribes listed there for ease of connecting Miqo'te. Or something like the linkshell forum, who knows. X] I certainly would have liked that when making Zha'li!

As I said earlier, I'll happily make and run the "Miqo'te Nation" (not the name) linkshell if the interest picks up. I have copious amounts of time on my hands, so yeah.

Although my character may be a bit of a ditz, I'd be willing to help you out if you got things up and running. I'd really like this to happen, if only because the potential rp one could get from it sounds very interesting.