Unity in A Realm Reborn [PvE]

Unity in A Realm Reborn ~ An LGBT Safe-Space Free Company

Hi there! My name is Aeriyn Ashley, a black mage (who moonlights as a summoner, a scholar, a white mage, a warrior and a bard) that many of you know. I'm here to tell you that Unity in A Realm Reborn is looking for new members to join our little family, and maybe engage in a bit of dragon murder along the way!

Unity in A Realm Reborn is one of Balmung's oldest Free Companies; we formed the FC during Beta 4, way back in August of last year! Unity has consistently been a medium-size company with a good number of people playing at almost any time of the day. We have members from all different North American timezones as well as a few folks who hail from Europe as well.

Unity is, at the heart, intended to be a "safe space" for people who fall into the lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans* population. As a free company, we have specific rules designed to make sure LGBT members feel safe and can enjoy themselves without having to worry about running into uncomfortable or unpleasant situations with other members. We enforce good behavior, ensure that members avoid triggering topics, promote inclusiveness and gender identity awareness (including requiring members to use appropriate pronouns with their fellow members).

Unity is not strictly a roleplaying company, though many of our members are avid roleplayers and other members have expressed organizing official FC roleplay events. Roleplayers are very welcome in Unity and I'm sure that any RPers would find plenty of other RPers inside the FC who'd be interested in hatching some plots! Unity's FC chat, however, is OOC.

We also have PvE endgame designs, though our focus on raiding as a company has decreased from previous tiers of content. We currently have one official "progression" raid running, known as Meteor Shard, with the intent to create a second "relaxed" raid called Ultima Shard. We also have a system in which people who may be interested in raiding, but cannot commit to a regular schedule, can act as Reserve members waiting in the wings! Unity is an active company during downtime and usually members can find others willing to run roulettes, farm for glamour pieces or fight for their Grand Company's honor on the Frontlines.

If Unity in A Realm Reborn seems like a good fit for you, please let us know, and comment below. :)

http://unity-arr.enjin.com

• 1 month later...

Would you guys mind someone who is new to Final Fantasy? I've had experience in games such as WoW, Allods Online, Rift, and LOTRO. But, I'm entirely new to Final Fantasy, I am also gay (and love the idea of an RP friendly and gay friendly guild). I'm willing to be social for now. I'm still leveling in game and learning it.

Would you guys mind someone who is new to Final Fantasy? I've had experience in games such as WoW, Allods Online, Rift, and LOTRO. But, I'm entirely new to Final Fantasy, I am also gay (and love the idea of an RP friendly and gay friendly guild). I'm willing to be social for now. I'm still leveling in game and learning it.

I'm pretty sure you'll be more than welcome. Go ahead and drop an app on the site here.

Everyone I've met in my time with Unity has been friendly and welcoming. Here's hoping you'll be joining us soon!

I'm pretty sure you'll be more than welcome. Go ahead and drop an app on the site here.

Everyone I've met in my time with Unity has been friendly and welcoming. Here's hoping you'll be joining us soon!

I did so! But, I'm bad at a lot of the abbreviations right now, so didn't understand the DoH/DoL. I hope that's alright.

I did so! But, I'm bad at a lot of the abbreviations right now, so didn't understand the DoH/DoL. I hope that's alright.

That's fine. There's no threshold of stuff you have to know to app, and we'll take just about anyone -- from the highly experienced to the absolutely clueless -- that is looking for an inclusive community where you one can be whomever and whatever you choose. While Unity maintains its search for endgame-oriented players, there's also room in our FC and on our applications for social members who are more interested in casually enjoying the community and not necessarily looking for PvE progression in their near future.

Unity is still overflowing with healers and has no shortage of tanks, so we still have great need of DD. Hoping to see some apps from those looking to put up big numbers!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought I'd step in here to update people on what's going on with us. Unity has been highly successful in both recruitment and Coil progression, and is beginning to set up a second Coil team. As such we are currently recruiting for all roles. The main play time for our current raid group is 6-9 pst three nights a week. The second raid group will likely run earlier in the day, and anyone who joins before the times are set can have input on exactly when they run.

As always, experience and gear are nice but not necessary; we'll help with those things. Raiding isn't mandatory. Our team and community are a stellar and welcoming group, and we're always happy to have more friends around. :)

Our raid times have solidified. Group One raids 6:30pm-9:30pm PST Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Group Two raids 4:40pm-7:30pm PST Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. We need a solid SCH for group one and some melee DD for group two. We're still recruiting for all roles, though, to fill back-up slots and in certain cases switch around the comp during Coil.

• 1 month later...

An Update on Unity's Endgame Status

As a result of a recent spike in both endgame interest and recruitment, I've decided to open up Aether Group as its own Coil/EX Primal static. This group has not actually begun to participate in scheduled events yet, but we are working hard to fill out Aether's ranks in order to begin scheduled runs. :)

Aether is currently in need of a full-time tank and three full-time damage-dealers (we prefer at least one full-time bard and two full-time magic damage-dealers). We should have healing covered at this point in the process, but I will update this post with any necessary information.

Unity Raid Schedule

Astral Group

Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday

6:30 PM to 9:30 PM (Pacific Standard Time)

Umbral Group

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday

4:30 PM to 7:30 PM (Pacific Standard Time)

Aether Group

Monday, Wednesday and Friday

8:00 PM to 10:00 PM (Pacific Standard Time) (Tentative)

Current Unity Endgame Recruitment Needs:

DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that Unity's endgame groups are not statics in the strictest sense of the word; we are intentionally over capacity on each group so that we do not have to cancel runs or seek random replacements. The Unity leadership will rotate players in order to ensure everyone gets a chance to participate.

FULL TIME MEMBER:

A full-time member of Unity's raiding groups means that you will show up for all three events each week, barring extenuating circumstances. If you have to miss a run or two, you will notify the FC leadership ahead of time. Full-time members should be able to set aside the full three-hour scheduled event period on each event day without having to leave abruptly.

PART-TIME MEMBER:

A part-time member of Unity's raiding groups means that you will show up for at least one predetermined scheduled event each week, barring extenuating circumstances. However, you will not always be required to attend these events, but you will be asked to remain on standby. You may play the game in whatever way that you wish during scheduled raids under the condition that you will be ready to join the raid currently underway at a moment's notice. Part-time membership can be further negotiated, and we can and do swap members in and out in order to ensure everyone gets a chance to experience endgame. :)

Astral Group:

Astral Group is currently full. We are not in need of any full- or part-time members at this time.

Umbral Group:

Umbral Group is currently full. We are not in need of any full- or part-time members at this time.

Aether Group:

Aether group is currently in need of the following jobs:

Damage-dealer (any job) - Part-time (bonus points if you can also part-time as a tank)

• 3 months later...

April 10 2014 - An Update on Unity's Endgame Status

Hi there, denizens of the RPC!

Well, Unity's had some major changes happening in the recent weeks. Unfortunately, a number of members are no longer a part of Unity, and while we wish them all well, we also need to fill the spots they've left vacant!

Umbral Shard especially took a significant loss and has been populated with new members who are excited about endgame progression. Astral Shard is seeking a new full-time tank, and Aether Shard is looking for both a full-time tank and damage dealer.

Additionally, Unity is slowly ramping up a new group, Dawn Shard, that runs on more Europe-friendly times; the event days and times have not been finalized yet as we have only a few members currently interested. However, if we receive more interest, we'll be able to finalize Dawn Shard's roster and move beyond non-lockout content. (Please note that Dawn Shard is a less-competitive raid group and may progress differently than Astral, Umbral or Aether).

Unity Raid Schedule

Astral Shard

6:30 PM to 9:30 PM PST

Umbral Shard

Schedule currently under discussion

Aether Shard

Monday, Wednesday and Friday

8:30 PM to 10:30 PM PST

Dawn Shard

Schedule currently under discussion

~4:30PM to 7:30PM UTC (9:30AM to 12:30PM PST) (tentative)

Current Unity Endgame Recruitment Needs:

DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that Unity's endgame groups are not statics in the strictest sense of the word; we are intentionally over capacity on each group so that we do not have to cancel runs or seek random replacements. The Unity leadership will rotate players in order to ensure everyone gets a chance to participate.

Astral Shard:

Warrior

Damage-dealer

Umbral Shard:

White Mage

Bard

2 Damage-dealers

Aether Shard:

Tank (PLD or WAR, either)

Damage-dealer

Dawn Shard:

2 Tanks

Healer

4 Damage-dealers

• 3 weeks later...

A Quick Update on Unity's Endgame Status

Updated Event Schedule

Astral Shard

6:30PM - 9:30PM PST

Umbral Shard

Tuesday and Thursday

5:00PM - 8:00PM PST

Dawn Shard

Tuesday and Thursday

5:00PM - 7:30PM UTC (10:00AM - 12:30PM PST)

Currently Unity is seeking the following jobs and/or roles for its raid statics:

Astral Shard - 2 slots

WAR

BLM and/or SMN

Umbral Shard - 2 slots

WAR

BRD

Dawn Shard - 6 slots

PLD

WAR

Any DPS

BLM and/or SMN

SCH and/or WHM

Any DPS with a tank as an alternate Job

• 1 month later...

An Update on Unity's Endgame Status - 6/12/2014

We've gone through some degree of upheval recently as Wildstar has just released and several of our members have moved to the new game, permanently leaving FFXIV behind. :( We wish them well and will miss them greatly.

Currently Unity is only fielding one endgame group and its organization is somewhat in flux at the moment, though we could use a few players who play the following jobs as their main:

Bard

White Mage

This group's times are currently Tuesday and Thursday from 5PM to 7PM Pacific, though these times are not set in stone and will change as we further discuss with the raid group.

Additionally, on a more personal note, I have been forced to place my subscription on hold due to unexpected financial shortcomings. :( This means I won't be in-game for some unspecified amount of time--I'm not sure exactly how long since it's not really that much money, but it's a thing. I may be gone two weeks, I may be gone two months, I don't really know.

In my absence Carli Skeggjold will be heading up the day-to-day operations of Unity in FFXIV. I will continue to handle our forum presence (except on the official forums due to being permabanned for no reason, thanks Square) and maintain the website as Unity shifts from being a pure FFXIV Free Company into a cross-title gaming community.

Let's keep working to make Unity one of the best communities for LGBT gamers out there. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

Aeri-kitty is back in Eorzea! I managed to get my sub taken care of, at least for now, and I'm putting all of my effort into expanding our happy little family. Unity is recruiting again!

Our direction as a Free Company has changed somewhat in the intervening months since our inception, but we're still alive and thriving! Despite that, we're looking to expand! Balmung may have a lot of LGBT-friendly Free Companies, but Unity goes one step further and our leadership strive to provide a safe-space for LGBT members. Even if you're not lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans*, but you're a good person and interested in joining a great social company with a focus on PvE content, we'd love to have you.