Official RP Server

Yea what about people like me who are starting new but used to play, and who read a lot on crafting and all, I can make a lot of gil pretty fast, if I go all obsessive I can have a hefty wallet in a day or so. If I rolled on Gilgamesh aren't I just as much a 'problem' as the dude who had it just lying around?

No, because it still took you TIME. Sure, it poses a problem either way. But you won't be able to do this the SECOND you log in. Also, this is only part of the reason, my major concern specifically is the level aspect.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, the people on the RPC spent a lot of time and effort trying to organize the RP community so that the vast majority of us would all be on Balmung, so that like how people are saying Gilgamesh is the Reddit Server, people would say Balmung was the RP server. Two to three years of work put into this community to build a single strong group all localized in one place.

Now all the sudden because of the paranoia and elitism perpetrated on the beta forums against 1.0 players by the new players a lot of the new folks are showing up and declaring they don't want to play with us and their splitting to go their own way. This is like a slap in the face to all the people who worked hard to try and get the community all onto Balmung to begin with.

Sure, you can say that people would have gone off to join Gilgamesh anyways, or that there was already an RP community forming there from somewhere else, Reddit or otherwise, but it begs the question. Why did you join a website, hosted by and intended for a community that was localized on Balmung if you never had any intention of playing on Balmung, or with any of them to begin with?

Some of you have said you wished you could play with us, if that were the case you'd be rolling on Balmung and not Gilgamesh, and I promise you if Yoshida lifted the server restrictions and allowed Legacies to transfer freely to any server you would all lose your shit over it.

The way I see it, the people on the RPC spent a lot of time and effort trying to organize the RP community so that the vast majority of us would all be on Balmung, so that like how people are saying Gilgamesh is the Reddit Server, people would say Balmung was the RP server. Two to three years of work put into this community to build a single strong group all localized in one place.

Now all the sudden because of the paranoia and elitism perpetrated on the beta forums against 1.0 players by the new players a lot of the new folks are showing up and declaring they don't want to play with us and their splitting to go their own way. This is like a slap in the face to all the people who worked hard to try and get the community all onto Balmung to begin with.

Sure, you can say that people would have gone off to join Gilgamesh anyways, or that there was already an RP community forming there from somewhere else, Reddit or otherwise, but it begs the question. Why did you join a website, hosted by and intended for a community that was localized on Balmung if you never had any intention of playing on Balmung, or with any of them to begin with?

Some of you have said you wished you could play with us, if that were the case you'd be rolling on Balmung and not Gilgamesh, and I promise you if Yoshida lifted the server restrictions and allowed Legacies to transfer freely to any server you would all lose your shit over it.

First of all, I'm not FROM the beta forums. I didn't see any "paranoid" or "elitist" posts. One of my best buds is a Legacy player. Where is he from? Balmung. He's the one who explained all this to me, and he himself is also starting over on Gilgamesh. (He's also 50 in every class, save for arcanist obviously. So I trust his judgment as he has been playing since 1.0 alpha) I've done my own research on the subject following, but please stop making generalized assumptions of the Gilgamesh community.

Secondly, I didn't JOIN a Balmung oriented RP site. I joined an FFXIV roleplaying site, because that's what this is. When I found it? The Gilgamesh forums were already here.

And if they lifted it at launch? You bet your ass I would lose my shit over it. But if he lifts it later? I won't care one bit. Because at that point it won't matter anymore. But the fact is it matters NOW. At least to me, and at least to all of the other Gilgamesh players on this site. And no amount of logic or reasoning from your end is going to change that. Deal with it.

I made a request several pages back. And I come back from work to find that it has been ignored for multiple pages. I don't care if you "take issue" with my request. Enough is enough. This is not a "debate." It's a childish argument where people want to get the last word. You're seriously talking in circles.

You're all making this entire community look bad, and I will no longer stand for it. I'm putting my foot down now. Call me a tyrant if you will. I don't care. This is my last warning. Stop posting here. Now. That's not open to discussion. The ONLY reason this thread is not locked is because there needs to be an open thread about the issue for new people to post questions in. That's it.

Stop.

Edit: The mods and I will prepare a new Q&A sticky thread for the new people. This thread has long run its course and is damaging to the RPC as a whole. Locked.

The ONLY reason this thread is not locked is because there needs to be an open thread about the issue for new people to post questions in. That's it.

May I politely suggest creating a new thread dedicated to questions from new members and linking it in the site-wide notice as I mentioned elsewhere? The quicker this thread can be buried and a fresh, genial thread for new members take the focus, the better I think.